Help and support page displays no icons

Robert

Help and support page displays no icons
Dell Inspron 518 with Vista home prem.

http://cid-f0233e79ca834f5b.skydrive...G?sa=186070364

> after viewing you will know what I mean. But keep in mind all works in my
> Help and Support and this is just cosmetic, but for me its just not nice
> to look at, i.e. , cheep looking! This is not Win95!

> Also if you want the source code for the page let me know. Thanks
> .....Rob

Brink

Re: Help and support page displays no icons

Hello Robert,

Option Two in this tutorial may be able to help you fix this.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/87...ort-vista.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*'
(http://www.vistax64.com)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP

Re: Help and support page displays no icons
This happens if the "Content Type" setting for .PNG file types is broken.
Download a REG file from Daniel Martin's site here:

http://winvista.mvps.org/Ficheros/PNG.reg

Download and save it to Desktop. Right-click on the file and choose Merge.

If that does not help, see here for a another fix.

Pages in Windows Vista Help and Support are not displayed correctly:
http://www.winhelponline.com/article...correctly.html

--
Regards,

The Winhelponline Blog http://www.winhelponline.com/blog

"Robert" <Rsimcihc@ec.rr.com> wrote in message
> Dell Inspron 518 with Vista home prem.
>> My Help and support pages are missing some icons but not all of them. The
>> pages display correctly and where the icon is missing there is print to
>> show the link and the link works fine. This is not much of a concern but
>> a little cheep looking! I read HTML script, and looked at the source
>> code, and, the src. for the icons, and they seem to be there? But not all
>> the icon's display on the page? I have done many system checks, file
>> checker, (FSC) with Vista install disk, System Diagnostics Report, disk
>> check with, fix file, and find bad sectors, all comes out peachy clean!
>> If anyone wants to view the first page of my help and support to see what
>> I am talking about go to this sight; its my windows live and it will take
>> you right to the pics.
>>

> http://cid-f0233e79ca834f5b.skydrive...G?sa=186070364
>
>> after viewing you will know what I mean. But keep in mind all works in my
>> Help and Support and this is just cosmetic, but for me its just not nice
>> to look at, i.e. , cheep looking! This is not Win95!

>> Also if you want the source code for the page let me know. Thanks
>> .....Rob

Richie Hardwick

"Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP" <ramesh@unknownhost> wrote:

>Pages in Windows Vista Help and Support are not displayed correctly:
>http://www.winhelponline.com/article...correctly.html

VERY NICE. Thanks.

I had the same problem but had decided to just live with it.

Richie Hardwick
Robert

Re: Help and support page displays no icons
( VERY GOOD, GREAT is a better word I would use to describe how your little
..reg file fixed my problem! I was a bit hesitant but backed up the hole .reg
before I tried it. Thanks again! ...Rob )

"Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP" <ramesh@unknownhost> wrote in message
> This happens if the "Content Type" setting for .PNG file types is broken.
> Download a REG file from Daniel Martin's site here:
>
> http://winvista.mvps.org/Ficheros/PNG.reg
>
> Download and save it to Desktop. Right-click on the file and choose Merge.
>
> If that does not help, see here for a another fix.
>
> Pages in Windows Vista Help and Support are not displayed correctly:
> http://www.winhelponline.com/article...correctly.html
>
> --
> Regards,

> The Winhelponline Blog http://www.winhelponline.com/blog
>

> "Robert" <Rsimcihc@ec.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Dell Inspron 518 with Vista home prem.
>>> My Help and support pages are missing some icons but not all of them.
>>> The pages display correctly and where the icon is missing there is print
>>> to show the link and the link works fine. This is not much of a concern
>>> but a little cheep looking! I read HTML script, and looked at the source
>>> code, and, the src. for the icons, and they seem to be there? But not
>>> all the icon's display on the page? I have done many system checks, file
>>> checker, (FSC) with Vista install disk, System Diagnostics Report, disk
>>> check with, fix file, and find bad sectors, all comes out peachy clean!
>>> If anyone wants to view the first page of my help and support to see
>>> what I am talking about go to this sight; its my windows live and it
>>> will take you right to the pics.
>>>

>> http://cid-f0233e79ca834f5b.skydrive...G?sa=186070364
>>
>>> after viewing you will know what I mean. But keep in mind all works in
>>> my Help and Support and this is just cosmetic, but for me its just not
>>> nice to look at, i.e. , cheep looking! This is not Win95!

>>> Also if you want the source code for the page let me know. Thanks
>>> .....Rob

Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP

Re: Help and support page displays no icons
You're welcome Robert.

--

>( VERY GOOD, GREAT is a better word I would use to describe how your little
>.reg file fixed my problem! I was a bit hesitant but backed up the hole
>.reg before I tried it. Thanks again! ...Rob )
>

> "Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP" <ramesh@unknownhost> wrote in message
>> This happens if the "Content Type" setting for .PNG file types is broken.
>> Download a REG file from Daniel Martin's site here:
>>
>> http://winvista.mvps.org/Ficheros/PNG.reg
>>
>> Download and save it to Desktop. Right-click on the file and choose
>> Merge.
>>
>> If that does not help, see here for a another fix.
>>
>> Pages in Windows Vista Help and Support are not displayed correctly:
>> http://www.winhelponline.com/article...correctly.html
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]
>> The Winhelponline Blog http://www.winhelponline.com/blog
>>

>> "Robert" <Rsimcihc@ec.rr.com> wrote in message
>>> Dell Inspron 518 with Vista home prem.
>>>>

>>> http://cid-f0233e79ca834f5b.skydrive...G?sa=186070364

Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP

Re: Help and support page displays no icons
You're welcome Richie.