Computer wont boot

etikit

Computer wont boot

I left my laptop open for a few minutes, turned my back, and my two year
old had it shutting down. I tried to reboot, and it just brings up the
blue Vista screen with the moving line that shows its trying to start,
but it never does. I have options of F2 and F12 just before it starts,
but dont know if they will help with anything. It is a Dell Inspiron
1610 Laptop, with Vista Home Premium, and AMD processor(?). hoping
someone can help me, or at least tell me all of my stuff on there is
recoverable.

Thanks!!

--
etikit

schumacher6 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Computer wont boot
Hi did you get the recovery disc with your laptop?,If so i would insert the disc and see if the option to repair is there,if it is i would run the repair wizard first before you try and run the automated system recovery.Hope this is some help
Mick Murphy

RE: Computer wont boot
Before you try anything else, try and boot into Safe Mode.
To get into Safe mode, tap F8 right at Power On / Startup, and use UP arrow
key to get to Safe Mode from list of options, then hit ENTER.

Once there, do a System Restore to before your problems began.

Click Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore> follow
instructions there to put it back in time to an earlier date.
--
Mad Mike

"etikit" wrote:

> I left my laptop open for a few minutes, turned my back, and my two year
> old had it shutting down. I tried to reboot, and it just brings up the
> blue Vista screen with the moving line that shows its trying to start,
> but it never does. I have options of F2 and F12 just before it starts,
> but dont know if they will help with anything. It is a Dell Inspiron
> 1610 Laptop, with Vista Home Premium, and AMD processor(?). hoping
> someone can help me, or at least tell me all of my stuff on there is
> recoverable.
>
> Thanks!!
>

> --
> etikit

Cody Jarrett

Re: Computer wont boot
On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 08:04:31 +0000, schumacher6
<schumacher6.3kk0o3@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote:

>Hi did you get the recovery disc with your laptop?,If so i would insert
>the disc and see if the option to repair is there,if it is i would run
>the repair wizard first before you try and run the automated system
>recovery.Hope this is some help

That's an improvement. Let's review:

Written English 101

Begin a sentence with a capital letter (hold your Shift key while
pressing the letter key). GREAT JOB.

End a sentence with some kind of punctuation mark. A period (".") or
a question mark ("?") will usually suffice. GREAT JOB (mostly)

Use the Space Bar after ending a sentence or after using a comma
(","). NEEDS MUCH IMPROVEMENT