Folder settings

Hugh Jeego

Folder settings
I like to set some folders I use, often, to different views to normal but no
matter what I do, they revert to what THEY want after reboot or in some
cases, after I close the folder then open it again.

Does anyone know a simple way to fix this so I can retain the view settings
that *I* want, please? Thanks.

Brink

Re: Folder settings

Hello Hugh,

Method Two in this tutorial will help show you how to reset the folder
view settings in Vista so it can remember how you set the folder view
settings for the window as they were when the window was last closed.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/70...-settings.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*'
(http://www.vistax64.com)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
PaulM

Re: Folder settings
Try this script here:

http://www.paulsxp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=155

--
Paul's XP and Vista Tweaks
---------------------------------------

Paul's XP and Vista Help Forum
www.paulsxp.com/forum

Live Support
------------------
www.paulsxp.com/livesupport.html

"Hugh Jeego" <id@example.com> wrote in message
> I like to set some folders I use, often, to different views to normal but
> no matter what I do, they revert to what THEY want after reboot or in some
> cases, after I close the folder then open it again.
>
> Does anyone know a simple way to fix this so I can retain the view
> settings that *I* want, please? Thanks.

Hugh Jeego

Re: Folder settings
Actually thanks for the info but boy is that a lot of mucking about for such
a simple thing.

I actually found that Bags8000 reg hack for XP works in Vista Business 32
bit (may not apply to 64 bit but I dont know for sure). Solved the whole
thing with a double click and a reboot.

Thanks again.

"Brink" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hello Hugh,
>
> Method Two in this tutorial will help show you how to reset the folder
> view settings in Vista so it can remember how you set the folder view
> settings for the window as they were when the window was last closed.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/70...-settings.html
>
> Hope this helps,
> Shawn
>
> Hugh Jeego;911604 Wrote:
>> I like to set some folders I use, often, to different views to normal
>> but no
>> matter what I do, they revert to what THEY want after reboot or in some
>> cases, after I close the folder then open it again.
>>
>> Does anyone know a simple way to fix this so I can retain the view
>> settings
>> that *I* want, please? Thanks.

> --
> Brink
>
> *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask
> them.*
> '*Windows 7 Forums*'
> (http://www.sevenforums.com/) *and* '*::Vista Forums::*'
> (http://www.vistax64.com)

Hugh Jeego

Re: Folder settings
Thanks for that. Downloaded it for future use just in case but I found the
bags8000 reg hack for XP works for whatever reason on my Vista Business 32
bit. A simple double click and reboot and all was well again.

I am still amazed that my 64 bit Vista Ultimate laptop doesnt suffer this
same crap and yet both this machine and the laptop have fresh installed in
the last year and apart from hardware, it is virtually the same software on
both machines. Such is life....