vista won't retain folder location

Wonderman

vista won't retain folder location
Running Vista 32 and although " remember each folders view setting " is
checked in Folder Options / view each folder seems to revert to the default
view - re-arranging icons and view size and locaiton. I've searched google
and tried a lot of fixes unsuccessfully. IIRC XP had the same issue. Any
thoughts ?

Brink

Re: vista won't retain folder location

Hello Wonderman,

Method Two in this tutorial will reset the folder view settings to have
Vista remember them again.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/70...-settings.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*'
(http://www.vistax64.com)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Wonderman

Re: vista won't retain folder location
Yes, I had found this and tried it again unsuccessfully. Interestingly
enough it works on some and not others.

"Brink" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hello Wonderman,
>
> Method Two in this tutorial will reset the folder view settings to have
> Vista remember them again.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/70...-settings.html
>
> Hope this helps,
> Shawn
>
> Wonderman;908418 Wrote:
>> Running Vista 32 and although " remember each folders view setting " is
>> checked in Folder Options / view each folder seems to revert to the
>> default
>> view - re-arranging icons and view size and locaiton. I've searched
>> google
>> and tried a lot of fixes unsuccessfully. IIRC XP had the same issue.
>> Any
>> thoughts ?

> --
> Brink
>
> *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask
> them.*
> '*Windows 7 Forums*'
> (http://www.sevenforums.com/) *and* '*::Vista Forums::*'
> (http://www.vistax64.com)

Brink

Re: vista won't retain folder location

Wonderman,

Folder Views in Vista is still buggy. I noticed that it usually does
not work or work well when there have been a lot of manual folder view
changes done afterwards. Vista tends to mess up and lose it's folder
view setting memory again. Interesting indeed.

Shawn

Wonderman;908631 Wrote:
> Yes, I had found this and tried it again unsuccessfully. Interestingly
> enough it works on some and not others.
>
> "Brink" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
> news:389bc016b9e439a2e2af68083f1e83b7@xxxxxx-gateway.com...> > >
> > >
> > > Hello Wonderman,
> > >
> > > Method Two in this tutorial will reset the folder view settings to

> > have
> > > Vista remember them again.
> > >

> > http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/70...-settings.html
> > >
> > > Hope this helps,
> > > Shawn

> > > is
> > >

> > > --
> > > Brink
> > >
> > > *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask
> > > them.*
> > > '*Windows 7 Forums*'
> > > ('Windows 7 Forums' (http://www.sevenforums.com/)) *and*

> > '*::Vista Forums::*'
> > > (http://www.vistax64.com)
> > > *Please post feedback to help others.* > >

--
Brink

them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*'
(http://www.vistax64.com)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
prochroma

Re: vista won't retain folder location

I was able to change my default directory in Windows Explorer some time
ago, however...

I would like to be able to change the default directory when a window
opens up for other things like "Save As..." from multiple programs (it's
not program specific), attaching files to emails or for uploading to
websites, etc.

It doesn't always default to the last string that I selected and it's a
big irritant having to navigate through my file tree every time I want
to attach or upload a file. It usually wants to save to (or attach from)
my "C:\Users\Owner\Documents" folder.

--
prochroma