System Restore Stopped

m0gbf

System Restore Stopped
When I try to back up my files I keep getting a message saying I.O device
error (Ox8007045D) back up stopped. Can anyone please help on this to
rectify the problem
--
Bryan
Rick Rogers

Re: System Restore Stopped
Hi,

You may want to read this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952272

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"m0gbf" <m0gbf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to back up my files I keep getting a message saying I.O device
> error (Ox8007045D) back up stopped. Can anyone please help on this to
> rectify the problem
> --
> Bryan

m0gbf

Re: System Restore Stopped
Hi Rick tried what you said but I got the same message again when I tried to
put back up onto a disk. "The last backup failed" was the message that came
up, any more ideas.
--
Bryan

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You may want to read this:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952272
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "m0gbf" <m0gbf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I try to back up my files I keep getting a message saying I.O device
> > error (Ox8007045D) back up stopped. Can anyone please help on this to
> > rectify the problem
> > --
> > Bryan

Rick Rogers

Re: System Restore Stopped
Hi,

What/where are you trying to backup to? And also, to be clear, are you
talking about Backup and Restore or System Restore? They are two totally
separate processes.

--

> Hi Rick tried what you said but I got the same message again when I tried
> put back up onto a disk. "The last backup failed" was the message that
> came
> up, any more ideas.
> --
> Bryan
>

> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> You may want to read this:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952272
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "m0gbf" <m0gbf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When I try to back up my files I keep getting a message saying I.O
>> > device
>> > error (Ox8007045D) back up stopped. Can anyone please help on this to
>> > rectify the problem
>> > --
>> > Bryan

m0gbf

Re: System Restore Stopped
Hi Rick what I wanted to do was make a full backup. I received from Computer
World a download update for Vista SP2. but it said to do a full back up
first, also can you please explain what I should be doing thanks
--
Bryan

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What/where are you trying to backup to? And also, to be clear, are you
> talking about Backup and Restore or System Restore? They are two totally
> separate processes.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "m0gbf" <m0gbf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Rick tried what you said but I got the same message again when I tried
> > put back up onto a disk. "The last backup failed" was the message that
> > came
> > up, any more ideas.
> > --
> > Bryan
> >

> > "Rick Rogers" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> You may want to read this:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952272
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best of Luck,

> >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Rick Rogers

Re: System Restore Stopped
Hi,

First off, the SP2 pack is still beta and should not be used by the average
person. Wait for the final release unless you are prepared to format the
system and do a fresh install of Windows.

What you should be doing is a backup of your data files. Despite claims to
the contrary, I find it best to simply copy data from the hard drive to DVD,
CD, or thumb drive and not rely on the rather convulated backup and restore
processes (either those provided by Windows or a third-party product). This
way, the data can be recovered by any operating system and you are not
reliant on any specific software to recover your data.

--

> Hi Rick what I wanted to do was make a full backup. I received from
> Computer
> World a download update for Vista SP2. but it said to do a full back up
> first, also can you please explain what I should be doing thanks
> --
> Bryan
>

> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> What/where are you trying to backup to? And also, to be clear, are you
>> talking about Backup and Restore or System Restore? They are two totally
>> separate processes.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "m0gbf" <m0gbf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi Rick tried what you said but I got the same message again when I
>> > tried
>> > put back up onto a disk. "The last backup failed" was the message that
>> > came
>> > up, any more ideas.
>> > --
>> > Bryan

m0gbf

Re: System Restore Stopped
Thanks Rick I am really grateful for you help, I will hang on like you say
--
Bryan