Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Vista not displaying Windows Experience Index

microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2008
Darkeforce
 

Posts: n/a
Vista not displaying Windows Experience Index
I just installed a new Video card (EVGA GeForce 9500 GT (1Gb DDR2), and I
wanted to see how that affected my Windows Experience Index, but when I open
the tool for that from Control Panel -> Performance Information and Tools,
the window's main frame is mostly empty. All I get is "Rate and Improve your
computer's performance", with "Not sure how to start?" below, and "Learn how
to improve your computer's performance" next to that in greyed-out text
(inactive link?)

Under that, it just gives the date of the last rating, which was when I
first got the computer back in September. The page is blank from there, down.
I've left the page open for a time, in case it was still loading the
information, but no effect.

How can I get it to show the Windows Experience Index information again?

Windows Vista Home Premium
Service Pack 1


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-08-2008
Flavius
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista not displaying Windows Experience Index

Make sure the folders exist in your system:

*C:\Windows\Performance\WinSAT
C:\Windows\Performance\WinSAT\DataStore*


--
Flavius
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2008
Darkeforce
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista not displaying Windows Experience Index
Yes, they do.
WinSAT contains:

DataStore
ShaderCache.ps_2_0
ShaderCache.vs_1_1
winsat.log
winsat.prx
winsat.wmv
winsatencode.wmv

DataStore contains:

2008-09-03 14.27.36.612 Assessment (Initial).WinSAT.xml
2008-09-03 16.50.24.473 Assessment (Formal).WinSAT.xml



"Flavius" wrote:

>
> Make sure the folders exist in your system:
>
> *C:\Windows\Performance\WinSAT
> C:\Windows\Performance\WinSAT\DataStore*
>
>
> --
> Flavius
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-10-2008
Flavius
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista not displaying Windows Experience Index

Hm...I think here is resolve for your problem:
http://www.winhelponline.com/article...ely-blank.html


--
Flavius
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2008
Darkeforce
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista not displaying Windows Experience Index
Thanks. I had another issue preventing services from running when I tried to
use the fix, but after eliminating that problem, the reg file fix worked
fine, thank-you.

Although, there was one problem — it's not affecting the functioning of
Vista as far as I know — but that page offered two ways to solve the problem.
The second, altering the Registry, worked fine, but the first option involved
using the Group Policy Editor. When I tried to run GPEDIT.MSC, my computer
didn't find that file. Should I be concerned about that file missing?

Windows Vista Home Premium; SP1

"Flavius" wrote:

>
> Hm...I think here is resolve for your problem:
> http://www.winhelponline.com/article...ely-blank.html
>
>
> --
> Flavius
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2008
Brink
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista not displaying Windows Experience Index

Hello Darkeforce,

This may be able to help you fix this. Your WEI may have been disabled
somehow.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/12...e-disable.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

Darkeforce;903843 Wrote:
> I just installed a new Video card (EVGA GeForce 9500 GT (1Gb DDR2), and
> I
> wanted to see how that affected my Windows Experience Index, but when I
> open
> the tool for that from Control Panel -> Performance Information and
> Tools,
> the window's main frame is mostly empty. All I get is "Rate and Improve
> your
> computer's performance", with "Not sure how to start?" below, and
> "Learn how
> to improve your computer's performance" next to that in greyed-out text
> (inactive link?)
>
> Under that, it just gives the date of the last rating, which was when I
> first got the computer back in September. The page is blank from there,
> down.
> I've left the page open for a time, in case it was still loading the
> information, but no effect.
>
> How can I get it to show the Windows Experience Index information
> again?
>
> Windows Vista Home Premium
> Service Pack 1



--
Brink

*There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask
them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*'
(http://www.sevenforums.com/) *and* '*::Vista Forums::*'
(http://www.vistax64.com)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2008
Flavius
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista not displaying Windows Experience Index

@DARKEFORCEDarkeforce Wrote:
>
> When I tried to run GPEDIT.MSC, my computer
> didn't find that file. Should I be concerned about that file missing?
>
> Windows Vista Home Premium; SP1
>

It is normal because only Bussines,Ultimate and Enterprise have group
policy (gpedit.msc,secpol.msc)

*@Brink*
This problem has already resolved


--
Flavius
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2008
Brink
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista not displaying Windows Experience Index

Strange,

His post on it being resolved was not there when I posted.

I'm happy to hear that he got it sorted.

Thank you Flavius.

Flavius;907686 Wrote:
> @DARKEFORCE> Darkeforce Wrote:
> >
> > When I tried to run GPEDIT.MSC, my computer
> > didn't find that file. Should I be concerned about that file missing?
> >
> > Windows Vista Home Premium; SP1
> > > >

> It is normal because only Bussines,Ultimate and Enterprise have group
> policy (gpedit.msc,secpol.msc)
>
> *@Brink*
> This problem has already resolved



--
Brink

*There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask
them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*'
(http://www.sevenforums.com/) *and* '*::Vista Forums::*'
(http://www.vistax64.com)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2008
soldier000
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista not displaying Windows Experience Index

hey i bought a new computer and the rating for the had disk was 5.7 and
just yesteday i droped to 2.2 and my computer is runnin very very slow
and the orangelight at te front is constantly on


--
soldier000
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2008
Sonny Wortzik
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista not displaying Windows Experience Index
On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 04:56:27 -0600, soldier000
<guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>
>hey i bought a new computer and the rating for the had disk was 5.7 and
>just yesteday i droped to 2.2 and my computer is runnin very very slow
>and the orangelight at te front is constantly on


hey thats not to pretty good huh
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unable To Update Windows Vista Experience Index ? WinVistaClub WinVistaClub Blog 1 09-08-2008 12:48
Sysprep and Windows Experience Index evaluating on Vista Alex R. (MAGNUS) microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 0 05-23-2008 08:24
Windows Vista Business 32 bit Experience Index doesn't work Gameslove microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 08-23-2007 23:19
RE: Vista RTM Windows Experience Index =?Utf-8?B?dG9tM3E=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 0 02-02-2007 16:15
RE: Vista RTM Windows Experience Index =?Utf-8?B?Tmlja0g=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 0 01-30-2007 13:48




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:33.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120