Windows Vista Backup Aborting

Blue Max

Windows Vista Backup Aborting
Windows Vista Backup is aborting with an error that a shadow backup copy
cannot be made due to a lack of space. The error dialog is included here as
an attachment. We have posed this question before, but continue to
experience the problem despite some prior recommendations that have not
resolved the issue. Please note the following:

1. We have used 'Disk Cleanup' to remove all but the most current restore
points (shadow copies?).

2. The three logical drives being backed up range in size from 80GB to
100GB and all have free space of 40% or more.

3. We recently installed Norton Ghost, which was a bonus program with
Norton 360, but have not used the program yet.

4. Vista Backup has been working for many months and there is no apparent
reason why it shouldn't still be working.

Given the information above, does anyone have some conclusive reason why
Windows Vista Backup would abort with the aforementioned error message?

Christine [MSFT]

RE: Windows Vista Backup Aborting
Hi,

There's now a dedicated forum for Windows and Windows Server backup related
questions. I would recommend that you post your query over there.

Here's the url:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...ackup/threads/

Regards,
--
Christine Fok, Program Manager, Storage Solution Division