ewaldbiemans

ewaldbiemans is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ewaldbiemans
my vista vaio has a serious problem
whe i try to reply to an e-mail there is a lag time of about 45 sec to over minute untile the page opens - same for forwarding an e-mail

when i try t delete an e-mail on the ouch pad it deletes 3-4 messages

if i click on the browser on my moucepad it opens 3 and four times the same web page

I have returned the vaio to Sony for repair and they changed the hard disk twice but did not fix the problem the i went bacto th store where i bought th unit an they gave me a mouse to avoind the repeat opening of pages but the problem with the lag tie of forwarding, nd replying continues
Rick Rogers

Re: ewaldbiemans
Hi,

Either a) seriously malware infected or b) seriously damaged hardware.

Does it act like this in Safe mode? If not, then the answer lies with (a)
above and formal scanning and repairing is in order. If it still behaves
badly, then you need to contact Sony about replacing the system under
warranty.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"ewaldbiemans" <ewaldbiemans.3jmrg4@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
message news:ewaldbiemans.3jmrg4@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> my vista vaio has a serious problem
> whe i try to reply to an e-mail there is a lag time of about 45 sec to
> over minute untile the page opens - same for forwarding an e-mail
>
> when i try t delete an e-mail on the ouch pad it deletes 3-4 messages
>
> if i click on the browser on my moucepad it opens 3 and four times the
> same web page
>
> I have returned the vaio to Sony for repair and they changed the hard
> disk twice but did not fix the problem the i went bacto th store where i
> bought th unit an they gave me a mouse to avoind the repeat opening of
> pages but the problem with the lag tie of forwarding, nd replying
> continues
>

> --
> ewaldbiemans

ewaldbiemans is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: ewaldbiemans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Rogers View Post
Hi,

Either a) seriously malware infected or b) seriously damaged hardware.

Does it act like this in Safe mode? If not, then the answer lies with (a)
above and formal scanning and repairing is in order. If it still behaves
badly, then you need to contact Sony about replacing the system under
warranty.

--
Best of Luck,

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Windows help - Nutcase's Home
My thoughts Life and other stuff

"ewaldbiemans" <ewaldbiemans.3jmrg4@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
message news:ewaldbiemans.3jmrg4@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> my vista vaio has a serious problem
> whe i try to reply to an e-mail there is a lag time of about 45 sec to
> over minute untile the page opens - same for forwarding an e-mail
>
> when i try t delete an e-mail on the ouch pad it deletes 3-4 messages
>
> if i click on the browser on my moucepad it opens 3 and four times the
> same web page
>
> I have returned the vaio to Sony for repair and they changed the hard
> disk twice but did not fix the problem the i went bacto th store where i
> bought th unit an they gave me a mouse to avoind the repeat opening of
> pages but the problem with the lag tie of forwarding, nd replying
> continues
>

> --
> ewaldbiemans

This problem has been from day - one, therefore i returned the vaio to Sony and they replaced the hard drive - as soon as i started to work on e-mail the same lag time for replying and forwarding appeared, also the touchpad is super sensitive and for that Comp USA gave me a wireless mouse that helps .
but the isue with email for istance to reply to an email takes a 45 secs to 1 1/2 minutes until the page opens for the reply or the forward.
you mention a malware possibly being the cause - can you recommend a anti malware to try .
I am extreemely unhappy with this laptop it is a sony vista Vaio PCG 6S1L

how do i test it in safe mode?
thanks and if there is anyone else who experienced the same problem i woul appreciate hearing from.