Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

.doc files

microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-26-2008
t-4-2
 

Posts: n/a
.doc files

Hello everyone,
Is there anyway I can have my computer recognized both HTML and .doc
files ?
Right now it can only read HTML.
My Adobe Reader 8, Power Point and MS Ecel won't take .doc files.


--
t-4-2
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-26-2008
Richie Hardwick
 

Posts: n/a
Re: .doc files
t-4-2 <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>
>Hello everyone,
>Is there anyway I can have my computer recognized both HTML and .doc
>files ?
>Right now it can only read HTML.
>My Adobe Reader 8, Power Point and MS Ecel won't take .doc files.


Of course they won't!

..DOC are MS WORD files.

..PDF are Adobe Reader files.

..PPS are Power Point files.

..XLS are Excel files.

None of those programs can open files from any other.

To view .DOC files:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891090

Richie Hardwick
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-26-2008
Steve Thackery
 

Posts: n/a
Re: .doc files
Actually, quite a few programs will work with Word .doc files. These
include OpenOffice.org, along with most other modern word processors. Word
Viewer (see Richie Hardwick's reply) will let you read them but not edit
them.

SteveT

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-26-2008
Richie Hardwick
 

Posts: n/a
Re: .doc files
"Steve Thackery" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote:

>Actually, quite a few programs will work with Word .doc files. These
>include OpenOffice.org, along with most other modern word processors. Word
>Viewer (see Richie Hardwick's reply) will let you read them but not edit
>them.


Completely forgot about Open Office (and I have it installed here!).

Richie Hardwick
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2008
oscar
 

Posts: n/a
RE: .doc files
Also:

1) Microsoft Works – can read and edit .doc files
2) Word Pad – can read .doc files

Both programs usually are part of the Vista package. Look in Start Menu >
All Programs

--
oscar

....Right click is your very good friend...


"t-4-2" wrote:

>
> Hello everyone,
> Is there anyway I can have my computer recognized both HTML and .doc
> files ?
> Right now it can only read HTML.
> My Adobe Reader 8, Power Point and MS Ecel won't take .doc files.
>
>
> --
> t-4-2
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2008
The Max
 

Posts: n/a
Re: .doc files
On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 17:50:00 -0800, oscar
<oscar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Also:
>
>1) Microsoft Works – can read and edit .doc files


Might be... haven't used it since like Version 6.

>2) Word Pad – can read .doc files


NOPE! Just tried opening a W2003 .doc to make sure... no way!!

Try for yourself.

--
Max
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2008
Richie Hardwick
 

Posts: n/a
Re: .doc files
oscar <oscar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Also:
>
>1) Microsoft Works – can read and edit .doc files
>2) Word Pad – can read .doc files
>
>Both programs usually are part of the Vista package. Look in Start Menu >
>All Programs


Wordpad can't open DOC files on my computer.

Richie Hardwick
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2008
Ian D
 

Posts: n/a
Re: .doc files

"oscar" <oscar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A3D21C80-2578-404E-BC04-DDE1B3A2564A@microsoft.com...
> Also:
>
> 1) Microsoft Works - can read and edit .doc files
> 2) Word Pad - can read .doc files
>
> Both programs usually are part of the Vista package. Look in Start Menu >
> All Programs
>
> --
> oscar
>

Microsoft Works is not part of Vista.


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2008
Snidley W.
 

Posts: n/a
Re: .doc files
"Ian D" <taurus@nowhere.com> wrote:

>
>"oscar" <oscar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>news:A3D21C80-2578-404E-BC04-DDE1B3A2564A@microsoft.com...
>> Also:
>>
>> 1) Microsoft Works - can read and edit .doc files
>> 2) Word Pad - can read .doc files
>>
>> Both programs usually are part of the Vista package. Look in Start Menu >
>> All Programs
>>
>> --
>> oscar
>>

>Microsoft Works is not part of Vista.


Looks like Oscar is zero-for-two on that one!

Whatta STAR!
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2008
t-4-2
 

Posts: n/a
Re: .doc files

oscar;896226 Wrote:
> Also:
>
> 1) Microsoft Works €“ can read and edit .doc files
> 2) Word Pad €“ can read .doc files
>
> Both programs usually are part of the Vista package. Look in Start Menu
> >

> All Programs
>
> --
> oscar
>
> ....Right click is your very good friend...
>
>
> "t-4-2" wrote:
> > > >
> > >
> > > Hello everyone,
> > > Is there anyway I can have my computer recognized both HTML and .doc
> > > files ?
> > > Right now it can only read HTML.
> > > My Adobe Reader 8, Power Point and MS Ecel won't take .doc files.
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > t-4-2
> > > > >


The Max;896249 Wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 17:50:00 -0800, oscar
> <oscar@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > > >
> > >Also:
> > >
> > >1) Microsoft Works €“ can read and edit .doc files > >

>
> Might be... haven't used it since like Version 6.
> > > >
> > >2) Word Pad €“ can read .doc files > >

>
> NOPE! Just tried opening a W2003 .doc to make sure... no way!!
>
> Try for yourself.
>
> --
> Max


Richie Hardwick;896250 Wrote:
> oscar <oscar@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > > >
> > >Also:
> > >
> > >1) Microsoft Works €“ can read and edit .doc files
> > >2) Word Pad €“ can read .doc files
> > >
> > >Both programs usually are part of the Vista package. Look in Start

> > Menu >
> > >All Programs > >

>
> Wordpad can't open DOC files on my computer.
>
> Richie Hardwick


Ian D;896267 Wrote:
> "oscar" <oscar@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> news:A3D21C80-2578-404E-BC04-DDE1B3A2564A@xxxxxx> > >
> > > Also:
> > >
> > > 1) Microsoft Works - can read and edit .doc files
> > > 2) Word Pad - can read .doc files
> > >
> > > Both programs usually are part of the Vista package. Look in Start

> > Menu >
> > > All Programs
> > >
> > > --
> > > oscar
> > > > >

> Microsoft Works is not part of Vista.

Thank you everyone.
I have Wordpad. It won't work on .doc files.
I have MS Works too. It does nothing ?
Intalled the MS Word Viewer 2003. It works.


--
t-4-2
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
keeping windows update files or dreamscene installation files Babak microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 12-29-2007 20:59




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:36.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120