Why is Windows Vista such a P.O.S.

Brian Kitt

Why is Windows Vista such a P.O.S.
I have been a developer since early 80's. I've been disappointed, and
re-disappointed year after year at the lower and lower quality of crap that
Microsoft pushes on us. But Vista absolutely takes the cake. I've been
running it for a year, and still get frustrated every single day about what a
total worthless pile of crap this is. Why can't Microsoft stop spening money
trying to convince people this piece of trash is good, and spend some money
trying to do R&D and fix this. I'm sick and tired of constant crashes,
lockups, and hanging. This is the most worthless piece of software Microsoft
has ever developed.
Brian Kitt

RE: Why is Windows Vista such a P.O.S.
Oh, I'm on a Toshiba x205-s7483 Intel Core Duo 1.66ghz with 4Gig Ram. This
computer is one of the most powerful laptops on the market, and Vista
absolutely degrades it to a relic of the 60's.

"Brian Kitt" wrote:

> I have been a developer since early 80's. I've been disappointed, and
> re-disappointed year after year at the lower and lower quality of crap that
> Microsoft pushes on us. But Vista absolutely takes the cake. I've been
> running it for a year, and still get frustrated every single day about what a
> total worthless pile of crap this is. Why can't Microsoft stop spening money
> trying to convince people this piece of trash is good, and spend some money
> trying to do R&D and fix this. I'm sick and tired of constant crashes,
> lockups, and hanging. This is the most worthless piece of software Microsoft
> has ever developed.

mikeyhsd

Re: Why is Windows Vista such a P.O.S.
very peculiar.
I run an AMD 64 bit dual core 6000 processor with vista ultimate and it is ROCK SOLID.

if you are having that many problems I'd suggest looking into the 3rd party program you have installed and using.

mikeyhsd@lamparty.net

"Brian Kitt" <BrianKitt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F1E6FFB-A751-4036-BFAA-6C558ED7E813@microsoft.com...
I have been a developer since early 80's. I've been disappointed, and
re-disappointed year after year at the lower and lower quality of crap that
Microsoft pushes on us. But Vista absolutely takes the cake. I've been
running it for a year, and still get frustrated every single day about what a
total worthless pile of crap this is. Why can't Microsoft stop spening money
trying to convince people this piece of trash is good, and spend some money
trying to do R&D and fix this. I'm sick and tired of constant crashes,
lockups, and hanging. This is the most worthless piece of software Microsoft
has ever developed.
Drew

Re: Why is Windows Vista such a P.O.S.
Talk to Toshiba.. They are the ones that built you a "piece of crap!" I have
been running Vista business on a core2 duo 1.86 with 4gigs of ram since the
days of the beta's and never a crash,, never a slowdown, never anything that
could be blamed on vista. Many thousands of people run Vista quite well on
specs slower than yours. I would suggest you look to the so called builders
before blaming Vista... Past experience with laptops and anything oem on
computers for that fact to me says "stay away!".. besides is it really Vista
if Toshiba gets its hands on it and changes many things within the op
system. How do we know that they didn't mess it up and now you point the
blame on something that invariably is not the problem. Just my 3 cents and
prepare to get bombarded by many agreeing with me!

> Oh, I'm on a Toshiba x205-s7483 Intel Core Duo 1.66ghz with 4Gig Ram.
> This
> computer is one of the most powerful laptops on the market, and Vista
> absolutely degrades it to a relic of the 60's.
>
> "Brian Kitt" wrote:
>
>> I have been a developer since early 80's. I've been disappointed, and
>> re-disappointed year after year at the lower and lower quality of crap
>> that
>> Microsoft pushes on us. But Vista absolutely takes the cake. I've been
>> running it for a year, and still get frustrated every single day about
>> what a
>> total worthless pile of crap this is. Why can't Microsoft stop spening
>> money
>> trying to convince people this piece of trash is good, and spend some
>> money
>> trying to do R&D and fix this. I'm sick and tired of constant crashes,
>> lockups, and hanging. This is the most worthless piece of software
>> Microsoft
>> has ever developed.

Kayman

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 14:49:00 -0800, Brian Kitt wrote:

> I have been a developer since early 80's. I've been disappointed, and
> re-disappointed year after year at the lower and lower quality of crap that
> Microsoft pushes on us. But Vista absolutely takes the cake. I've been
> running it for a year, and still get frustrated every single day about what a
> total worthless pile of crap this is. Why can't Microsoft stop spening money
> trying to convince people this piece of trash is good, and spend some money
> trying to do R&D and fix this. I'm sick and tired of constant crashes,
> lockups, and hanging. This is the most worthless piece of software Microsoft
> has ever developed.

Drivers, drivers, drivers, drivers... :-)

Mark Russinovich talks Vista performance
http://blogs.technet.com/deploymentg...rformance.aspx
https://ms.istreamplanet.com/SPRINGBOARD/portal.asp
Bruce Chambers

Brian Kitt wrote:
> I have been a developer since early 80's. I've been disappointed, and
> re-disappointed year after year at the lower and lower quality of crap that
> Microsoft pushes on us. But Vista absolutely takes the cake. I've been
> running it for a year, and still get frustrated every single day about what a
> total worthless pile of crap this is. Why can't Microsoft stop spening money
> trying to convince people this piece of trash is good, and spend some money
> trying to do R&D and fix this. I'm sick and tired of constant crashes,
> lockups, and hanging. This is the most worthless piece of software Microsoft
> has ever developed.

Do you have any specific problem(s) with which you need help, or
are you just venting?

What very little detail you included points towards an issue of
incompatible/sub-standard/defective hardware, or device drivers,
incompatible software, and defective/sub-standard wetware.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
Steve Thackery

Re: Why is Windows Vista such a P.O.S.
>> I have been a developer since early 80's.

You know, that really worries me. It's obvious to everybody, and SHOULD be
obvious to you, that Vista would never have escaped into the wild with such
fundamental problems as you describe. There's something wrong with your
particular machine.

My guess would by crap hardware, or crap drivers.

It worries me that someone who claims to be a developer since the early 80s
is so incapable of working that out for himself.

Are you incompetent, or just a dinosaur?

SteveT

Brian Kitt

Re: Why is Windows Vista such a P.O.S.
I have seen a LOT of people reporting the same issues I am seeing with Vista,
on other machines, so that makes me think it is Vista, and not Toshiba
specifically.

"Drew" wrote:

> Talk to Toshiba.. They are the ones that built you a "piece of crap!" I have
> been running Vista business on a core2 duo 1.86 with 4gigs of ram since the
> days of the beta's and never a crash,, never a slowdown, never anything that
> could be blamed on vista. Many thousands of people run Vista quite well on
> specs slower than yours. I would suggest you look to the so called builders
> before blaming Vista... Past experience with laptops and anything oem on
> computers for that fact to me says "stay away!".. besides is it really Vista
> if Toshiba gets its hands on it and changes many things within the op
> system. How do we know that they didn't mess it up and now you point the
> blame on something that invariably is not the problem. Just my 3 cents and
> prepare to get bombarded by many agreeing with me!
>
> "Brian Kitt" <BrianKitt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Oh, I'm on a Toshiba x205-s7483 Intel Core Duo 1.66ghz with 4Gig Ram.
> > This
> > computer is one of the most powerful laptops on the market, and Vista
> > absolutely degrades it to a relic of the 60's.
> >
> > "Brian Kitt" wrote:
> >
> >> I have been a developer since early 80's. I've been disappointed, and
> >> re-disappointed year after year at the lower and lower quality of crap
> >> that
> >> Microsoft pushes on us. But Vista absolutely takes the cake. I've been
> >> running it for a year, and still get frustrated every single day about
> >> what a
> >> total worthless pile of crap this is. Why can't Microsoft stop spening
> >> money
> >> trying to convince people this piece of trash is good, and spend some
> >> money
> >> trying to do R&D and fix this. I'm sick and tired of constant crashes,
> >> lockups, and hanging. This is the most worthless piece of software
> >> Microsoft
> >> has ever developed.

Brian Kitt

Re: Why is Windows Vista such a P.O.S.
Steve, that is my point in frustration. There are so many problems in Vista,
I can't believe it was released. I see the same frustrations and problems I
have on other forums, and co-works. Everyone I talk to has the same
complaints. It's not me dude, it's the software.

"Steve Thackery" wrote:

> >> I have been a developer since early 80's.

> You know, that really worries me. It's obvious to everybody, and SHOULD be
> obvious to you, that Vista would never have escaped into the wild with such
> fundamental problems as you describe. There's something wrong with your
> particular machine.
>
> My guess would by crap hardware, or crap drivers.
>
> It worries me that someone who claims to be a developer since the early 80s
> is so incapable of working that out for himself.
>
> Are you incompetent, or just a dinosaur?
>
> SteveT

Brian Kitt

Re: Why is Windows Vista such a P.O.S.
I don't know. I am running latest drivers from Toshiba, and all patches from
Microsoft. I have no special (non Microsoft) software installed on this
machine, it is a coding machine, and I install as little as possible to
reduce overhead.