hiberfil.sys - how get rid of it?

Kris

hiberfil.sys - how get rid of it?
I don't use sleep.

tia
--
Kris
----------
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P | E7200 2.53@3.8ghz | Vista on 36GB Raptor |
| 2x1gb OCZ Reaper1150@1203 | EVGA 9800GTX+ N873 |
LiteOn DH401S08C at CP56 BluRay player | Hannspree HF289H 28" |
Raidmax RX530-SS psu | Vista Ult 32 SP1
mansrm81

Re: hiberfil.sys - how get rid of it?

Open computer then right click on your drive properties then go into
disk cleanup and it will be in there and just check it and click ok.

> *hiberfil.sys - how get rid of it?* I don't use sleep.
>
> tia
> --
> Kris
> ----------
> Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P | E7200 2.53@xxxxxx | Vista on 36GB Raptor |
> | 2x1gb OCZ Reaper1150@xxxxxx | EVGA 9800GTX+ N873 |
> LiteOn DH401S08C at CP56 BluRay player | Hannspree HF289H 28" |
> Raidmax RX530-SS psu | Vista Ult 32 SP1

--
mansrm81

If you think I helped you fix your problem give me some rep . Click on
the scales. [image:
http://www.vistax64.com/members/mans...-untitled.jpg]
The Max

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 02:52:17 -0500, Kris <a@b.net> wrote:

>I don't use sleep.

Google is your friend. Search term: delete hiberfil.sys vista

http://www.google.com/search?q=delet...S284US284&aq=t

--
Max
Brink

Re: hiberfil.sys - how get rid of it?

Hello Kris,

You can disable Hibernation to do this from Disk Cleanup. This tutorial
will help show you how to do this if needed.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/16...e-disable.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

Kris;893874 Wrote:
> I don't use sleep.
>
> tia
> --
> Kris
> ----------
> Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P | E7200 2.53@xxxxxx | Vista on 36GB Raptor |
> | 2x1gb OCZ Reaper1150@xxxxxx | EVGA 9800GTX+ N873 |
> LiteOn DH401S08C at CP56 BluRay player | Hannspree HF289H 28" |
> Raidmax RX530-SS psu | Vista Ult 32 SP1

--
Brink

them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*'
(http://www.vistax64.com)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
John Barnett MVP

Re: hiberfil.sys - how get rid of it?
See this link from my website:
http://vistasupport.mvps.org/disable_hibernation.htm

John Barnett MVP
Windows XP Associate Expert
Windows Desktop Experience

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org
Web: http://www.silversurfer-guide.com

mail/post..

"Kris" <a@b.net> wrote in message news:v12he5wt57hx.dlg@myhost7.org...
> I don't use sleep.
>
> tia
> --
> Kris
> ----------
> Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P | E7200 2.53@3.8ghz | Vista on 36GB Raptor |
> | 2x1gb OCZ Reaper1150@1203 | EVGA 9800GTX+ N873 |
> LiteOn DH401S08C at CP56 BluRay player | Hannspree HF289H 28" |
> Raidmax RX530-SS psu | Vista Ult 32 SP1

hafizahmad

Re: hiberfil.sys - how get rid of it?
http://tweak-vista.blogspot.com/sear...&max-results=7

hafizahmad

Tweaking Windows Vista
http://tweak-vista.blogspot.com
Kris

Re: hiberfil.sys - how get rid of it?
THANKS!!! Fixed!!!

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 02:02:53 -0600, mansrm81 wrote:

> Open computer then right click on your drive properties then go into
> disk cleanup and it will be in there and just check it and click ok.
>
>> *hiberfil.sys - how get rid of it?* I don't use sleep.
>>
>> tia
>> --
>> Kris
>> ----------
>> Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P | E7200 2.53@xxxxxx | Vista on 36GB Raptor |
>>| 2x1gb OCZ Reaper1150@xxxxxx | EVGA 9800GTX+ N873 |
>> LiteOn DH401S08C at CP56 BluRay player | Hannspree HF289H 28" |
>> Raidmax RX530-SS psu | Vista Ult 32 SP1

--
Kris
----------
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P | E7200 2.53@3.8ghz | Vista on 36GB Raptor |
| 2x1gb OCZ Reaper1150@1203 | EVGA 9800GTX+ N873 |
LiteOn DH401S08C at CP56 BluRay player | Hannspree HF289H 28" |
Raidmax RX530-SS psu | Vista Ult 32 SP1
hafizahmad

Windows Vista - General Tips, Tricks and Software
Increase or Decrease Desktop Icon Size in just a click (TY and Rep Trebuin)

Its nice every now and then to find a neat little trick that you never knew. This is the case with this appearance tweak which allows you to increase or decrease the size of your desktop icons.......Read more

Reduce or Eliminate the Size of Your Disk Cache

By default, Vista utilizes several gigabytes of hard disk space with a file called pagefile.sys in your root drive. Through some time and patience, Vista users with 2 or more gigabytes of ram will be able to gain a great deal of that much needed space back and increase performance by slowly reducing the 'pagefile' or disk cache, or even eliminating it........Read more

Clean System Restore and Eliminate Shadow Copies

If, after careful consideration, you elected to leave System Restore on and pass on Tip #15, there is another great little trick to save space. It is common for new users to write the forums stating that their disk space is dissappearing and they don't know why. By default, System Restore will save a copy of your current desktop on regularly scheduled intervals, whenever something new is installed and also if an error or update occurs with the system. The results in alot of GB of needless backups remaining for no reason. Also, shadow copies of programs are created on expansion after installation, many of which remain their needlessly.

To get there, follow: Start/Computer/Right Click On 'C'/Disk CleanUp/More Options/System Restore and Shadow Copies/Clean Up

You can check the space on your drive after this and be amazed!

Delete Unnecessary Files and Directories

After installation of the Vista environment either by Microsoft or the manufacturer, there are several files that are large in size and left after the fact that simply are not needed. I will detail a few below but please, as always, tread carefully. I would always advise to make a backup of the files and directories your about to delete.