Visual C++ Runtime Library Error

KWilson

Visual C++ Runtime Library Error
Running Vista Premium 64 bit
I am having a problem with the Visual C++ Runtime Library. The error message
says Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

IE (32 bit) was the only application I was running. I was at gamesville.com
and have had to close IE 3 times because of the error. I did not have this
problem any other time I have been at the site until today.

I tried to find other info on this error and found something that pertained
to XP, not Vista (at least the article did not mention Vista) but there was a
link for a hot fix which I am afraid to download because it says XP. There
were 2 .dll files (msvcrt.dll & msvcirt.dll) mentioned and both were version
7.0x which both of mine are. The article says that the files before version
7.0x did not produce the problem.

Should I download the hot fix or is there something else I should do?
Rick Rogers

Re: Visual C++ Runtime Library Error
Hi,

Tools/Manage Addons/Enable or Disable Addons. You have a plugin that is not
behaving properly, but is loading with IE. Disable those that load with IE
until the behavior is corrected.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"KWilson" <KWilson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Running Vista Premium 64 bit
> I am having a problem with the Visual C++ Runtime Library. The error
> message
> says Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
> way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.
>
> IE (32 bit) was the only application I was running. I was at
> gamesville.com
> and have had to close IE 3 times because of the error. I did not have this
> problem any other time I have been at the site until today.
>
> I tried to find other info on this error and found something that
> pertained
> to XP, not Vista (at least the article did not mention Vista) but there
> was a
> link for a hot fix which I am afraid to download because it says XP. There
> were 2 .dll files (msvcrt.dll & msvcirt.dll) mentioned and both were
> version
> 7.0x which both of mine are. The article says that the files before
> version
> 7.0x did not produce the problem.
>
> Should I download the hot fix or is there something else I should do?

KWilson

Re: Visual C++ Runtime Library Error
Hi, Thanks for the response.

What I did that has so far, since last night and today, worked. I started
Task Manager to see what was running and although I did not have any instance
of IE running, there were 3 instances listed under Processes. I ended all 3
then restarted IE.

Now, if I could get IE to close properly! LOL. On some sites it will and
some it won't. On the home page I have set (manchesteroes.org) there isn't a
problem but when I go to sites that may use 3rd party cookies or ad tracking,
IE does not want to close.
I turned off the Live toolbar and IE seemed to close properly though. I do
not have the Google toolbar installed so can not turn it on/off. Hope MS
fixes that bug soon.

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Tools/Manage Addons/Enable or Disable Addons. You have a plugin that is not
> behaving properly, but is loading with IE. Disable those that load with IE
> until the behavior is corrected.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "KWilson" <KWilson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Running Vista Premium 64 bit
> > I am having a problem with the Visual C++ Runtime Library. The error
> > message
> > says Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
> > This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
> > way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.
> >
> > IE (32 bit) was the only application I was running. I was at
> > gamesville.com
> > and have had to close IE 3 times because of the error. I did not have this
> > problem any other time I have been at the site until today.
> >
> > I tried to find other info on this error and found something that
> > pertained
> > to XP, not Vista (at least the article did not mention Vista) but there
> > was a
> > link for a hot fix which I am afraid to download because it says XP. There
> > were 2 .dll files (msvcrt.dll & msvcirt.dll) mentioned and both were
> > version
> > 7.0x which both of mine are. The article says that the files before
> > version
> > 7.0x did not produce the problem.
> >
> > Should I download the hot fix or is there something else I should do?

Malke

KWilson wrote:

> Hi, Thanks for the response.
>
> What I did that has so far, since last night and today, worked. I started
> Task Manager to see what was running and although I did not have any
> instance of IE running, there were 3 instances listed under Processes. I
> ended all 3 then restarted IE.
>
> Now, if I could get IE to close properly! LOL. On some sites it will and
> some it won't. On the home page I have set (manchesteroes.org) there isn't
> a problem but when I go to sites that may use 3rd party cookies or ad
> tracking, IE does not want to close.
> I turned off the Live toolbar and IE seemed to close properly though. I do
> not have the Google toolbar installed so can not turn it on/off. Hope MS
> fixes that bug soon.

Multiple instances of iexplore.exe running are a good indication of malware
infection. Go through these general malware removal steps systematically -

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

KWilson

Re: Visual C++ Runtime Library Error
Thanks Malke for your response.

I will look at the link and see if there is a problem. I thought maybe it
was because I had started the 64 bit IE and closed it, then started the 32
bit IE. I no longer have multiple IE processes running, but it does not hurt
to check more throughly.

"KWilson" wrote:

> Hi, Thanks for the response.
>
> What I did that has so far, since last night and today, worked. I started
> Task Manager to see what was running and although I did not have any instance
> of IE running, there were 3 instances listed under Processes. I ended all 3
> then restarted IE.
>
> Now, if I could get IE to close properly! LOL. On some sites it will and
> some it won't. On the home page I have set (manchesteroes.org) there isn't a
> problem but when I go to sites that may use 3rd party cookies or ad tracking,
> IE does not want to close.
> I turned off the Live toolbar and IE seemed to close properly though. I do
> not have the Google toolbar installed so can not turn it on/off. Hope MS
> fixes that bug soon.
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Tools/Manage Addons/Enable or Disable Addons. You have a plugin that is not
> > behaving properly, but is loading with IE. Disable those that load with IE
> > until the behavior is corrected.
> >
> > --
> > Best of Luck,

> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> > My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
> >
> > "KWilson" <KWilson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Running Vista Premium 64 bit
> > > I am having a problem with the Visual C++ Runtime Library. The error
> > > message
> > > says Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
> > > This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
> > > way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.
> > >
> > > IE (32 bit) was the only application I was running. I was at
> > > gamesville.com
> > > and have had to close IE 3 times because of the error. I did not have this
> > > problem any other time I have been at the site until today.
> > >
> > > I tried to find other info on this error and found something that
> > > pertained
> > > to XP, not Vista (at least the article did not mention Vista) but there
> > > was a
> > > link for a hot fix which I am afraid to download because it says XP. There
> > > were 2 .dll files (msvcrt.dll & msvcirt.dll) mentioned and both were
> > > version
> > > 7.0x which both of mine are. The article says that the files before
> > > version
> > > 7.0x did not produce the problem.
> > >
> > > Should I download the hot fix or is there something else I should do?

gemma114

Re: Visual C++ Runtime Library Error

Hi,

Im not sure if anyone can help but I got the same message as above

Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library
Program:C:\ProgramFiles\InternetExplorer\iexplore. exe
this application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusaul
way please contact application support tem for more information.

I have just bought a new laptop with Vista Home Premium and my internet
runs fine but when i attempt to access my university e-mail site
(nemo.strath.ac.uk), once I log in the error message appears and I have
to shut the site down.

I am a total computer novice so help would be much appreciated.
cheers
gemma

--
gemma114
gemma114's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/gemma114.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

gemma114

Re: Visual C++ Runtime Library Error

hey, me again!

i disabled all my add ons and the problem did not go away. i then
attemped to download the hotfix mentioned above, hoping it might be okay
for vista despite saying XP, only to get the following error message

KB884538 Setup Error: the version of windows you have installed does
not match the update you are trying to install.

which obviously means there is no such hotfix for vista users.

i wouldnt be so stressed other than it is my e-mail account which
everything is delivered to and im in limbo wihtout it.

please help, thank you

Gemma

--
gemma114
gemma114's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/gemma114.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...ce/1075354.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

traxxtv

Re: Visual C++ Runtime Library Error

I have the same thing happen to me when I look at sites like ebay or
Myspace.What's going on here?

--
traxxtv