I can't send email with Vista

=?Utf-8?B?bWl6emJ5dGNo?=

I can't send email with Vista
When I try to send email with Vista I get an error message that says"Windows
mail no longer supports the HTTP servers used by Hotmail and other web based
email providers. I'm not very computer literate so I have no idea what this
meansor how to fix it or get around it. Any help would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks!
Malke

Re: I can't send email with Vista
mizzbytch wrote:
> When I try to send email with Vista I get an error message that says"Windows
> mail no longer supports the HTTP servers used by Hotmail and other web based
> email providers. I'm not very computer literate so I have no idea what this
> meansor how to fix it or get around it. Any help would be greatly
> appreciated. Thanks!

The error means that if you have the free versions of Hotmail and Yahoo,
they aren't supported in Windows Mail. You will need to read Hotmail
and Yahoo emails on line at the Hotmail and Yahoo websites. My
understanding is that you can access your Yahoo mail through a POP3
server (which could be set up in Windows Mail) if you pay for it.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
pete

Re: I can't send email with Vista
It means that the only way to access your free hotmail account is by means
of the Internet Explorer interface........Vista webmail will only access
PAID hotmail accounts

peter
"mizzbytch" <mizzbytch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to send email with Vista I get an error message that
> says"Windows
> mail no longer supports the HTTP servers used by Hotmail and other web
> based
> email providers. I'm not very computer literate so I have no idea what
> this
> meansor how to fix it or get around it. Any help would be greatly
> appreciated. Thanks!

LoneStar

Re: I can't send email with Vista

"mizzbytch" <mizzbytch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to send email with Vista I get an error message that
> says"Windows
> mail no longer supports the HTTP servers used by Hotmail and other web
> based
> email providers. I'm not very computer literate so I have no idea what
> this
> meansor how to fix it or get around it. Any help would be greatly
> appreciated. Thanks!

I believe there is a downloadable program from MS called Windows Live Mail
Desktop that serves as an email client like Outlook Express, and can handle
free web-based Hotmail accounts. Google it. I'm surprised more MVPs and
others don't mention it. I'm in the same situation as you, and plan on
installing the program -- soon.

EW