File Associations

Edward R

File Associations
I installed a media program and then deleted it. Now when I put in a CD
the AUTOPLAY options come up and some options to run the deleted program are
still there.. How can I get rid of them?

Thanks.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: File Associations
Hi Edward,

What's the name of the problem? Also, did you uninstall the program or simply delete the executable.

See also:

Removing unwanted AutoPlay Handlers in Windows XP:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/autoplayhandlers.htm

Note that the "CleanHandlers" utility works just fine under Windows Vista as well (Ensure that you run it as administrator by right-clicking the program and choosing "Run as Administrator" to run it.)

--
Regards,

Windows« Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

"Edward R" <edwardr74@verizon.net> wrote in message news:69FB781F-B10E-42C3-A202-1865541D1964@microsoft.com...
I installed a media program and then deleted it. Now when I put in a CD
the AUTOPLAY options come up and some options to run the deleted program are
still there.. How can I get rid of them?

Thanks.

Edward R

Re: File Associations
Thank you for the help. That little program worked to fix the invalid
AutoPlay Handlers! Thanx!

-Edward.

"Edward R" <edwardr74@verizon.net> wrote in message
>I installed a media program and then deleted it. Now when I put in a CD
>the AUTOPLAY options come up and some options to run the deleted program
>are still there.. How can I get rid of them?
>
> Thanks.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: File Associations
Thanks for the feedback, Edward :-)