Uninstall program recommendation please

***In2Ndo***

Uninstall program recommendation please
Hello,
New to Win Vista, last used XP-Pro. If I remember correctly. uninstalling
programs would live junk in the system and registry.
Is there a program that will take care of program uninstalling taking care
of all the junk and registry? or is Vista taking care of this?

Thank you

Oscar A.
Snidley W.

Re: Uninstall program recommendation please
***In2Ndo*** <***In2Ndo***@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>New to Win Vista, last used XP-Pro. If I remember correctly. uninstalling
>programs would live junk in the system and registry.
>Is there a program that will take care of program uninstalling taking care
>of all the junk and registry? or is Vista taking care of this?

Uninstall using the program's own utility or Programs and Features
(formerly Add or Remove Programs). Leave everything be after that.
Vista doesn't need registry "cleaning". If you decide to try to use
one, make ABSOLUTELY SURE you have your system backed up by something
like Acronis True Image.

You very will might need it.
Spirit

Re: Uninstall program recommendation please
http://www.revouninstaller.com/
Freeware

"***In2Ndo***" <***In2Ndo***@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> New to Win Vista, last used XP-Pro. If I remember correctly. uninstalling
> programs would live junk in the system and registry.
> Is there a program that will take care of program uninstalling taking care
> of all the junk and registry? or is Vista taking care of this?
>

> Thank you
>
> Oscar A.

Victek

Re: Uninstall program recommendation please
> Hello,
> New to Win Vista, last used XP-Pro. If I remember correctly. uninstalling
> programs would live junk in the system and registry.
> Is there a program that will take care of program uninstalling taking care
> of all the junk and registry? or is Vista taking care of this?
>

> Thank you

Revo Uninstaller is safe in my experience, and will remove traces left
beyond by the application's uninstaller.

"Victek" <Victek@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>> Hello,
>> New to Win Vista, last used XP-Pro. If I remember correctly. uninstalling
>> programs would live junk in the system and registry.
>> Is there a program that will take care of program uninstalling taking care
>> of all the junk and registry? or is Vista taking care of this?
>>

>> Thank you
>>

>Revo Uninstaller is safe in my experience, and will remove traces left
>beyond by the application's uninstaller.

And if you've never run it before it will find crap to remove from the
registry that will DEFINITELY mess things up if the operator doesn't
have a clue.
***In2Ndo***

Re: Uninstall program recommendation please
Thanks for the replies....
I've been playing with windows since Win-95 so I think I'll be ok playing
with the registry.. I've always liked my systems running clean and smooth.
Always clone the drive first and always read before clicking delete. The
system. at least up to Win-XP will eventually run horrible or not at all if
all the junk is left in there. This wouldn't be my first time doing this.
I'm just new to Win Vista... and I have had my share of Win reinstallation's
while learning. :-) but its been a while.

Thanks again

Oscar A.

"Snidley W." wrote:

> "Victek" <Victek@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
> >> Hello,
> >> New to Win Vista, last used XP-Pro. If I remember correctly. uninstalling
> >> programs would live junk in the system and registry.
> >> Is there a program that will take care of program uninstalling taking care
> >> of all the junk and registry? or is Vista taking care of this?
> >>

> >> Thank you
> >>

> >Revo Uninstaller is safe in my experience, and will remove traces left
> >beyond by the application's uninstaller.

> And if you've never run it before it will find crap to remove from the
> registry that will DEFINITELY mess things up if the operator doesn't
> have a clue.

***In2Ndo***

Re: Uninstall program recommendation please
Just one question... If you don't mind
Win-Xp had a way to start the system running only the minimum required
tasks.. It was accomplish by removing a check mark somewhere and the system
would prompt to turn it back on at the next restart.
Now.. the question is, where or how can I accomplish this on Vista?
Just in case, not to be confused with safe mode.
The reason for this is because I like to clone the drive while only the
minimum tasks are running. this way I haven't found problems when having to
use the cloned copy.

Thanks

Oscar A.

"Victek" wrote:

> > Hello,
> > New to Win Vista, last used XP-Pro. If I remember correctly. uninstalling
> > programs would live junk in the system and registry.
> > Is there a program that will take care of program uninstalling taking care
> > of all the junk and registry? or is Vista taking care of this?
> >

> > Thank you
> >

> Revo Uninstaller is safe in my experience, and will remove traces left
> beyond by the application's uninstaller.

Ken Blake

Re: Uninstall program recommendation please
"***In2Ndo***" <***In2Ndo***@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hello,
> New to Win Vista, last used XP-Pro. If I remember correctly. uninstalling
> programs would live junk in the system and registry.

Often, but not always.

But it doesn't matter. The amount of space the junk takes up is normally
tiny, and having it there has no effect on performance.

> Is there a program that will take care of program uninstalling taking care
> of all the junk and registry? or is Vista taking care of this?

There are several programs that purport to address this issue. My strong
recommendation is that you avoid them all, since they don't do anything
important and they are very dangerous. Here's my standard post on this
subject:

Registry cleaning programs are *all* snake oil. Cleaning of the registry
isn't needed and is dangerous. Leave the registry alone and don't use any
registry cleaner. Despite what many people think, andwhat vendors of
registry cleaning software try to convince you of, having
unused registry entries doesn't really hurt you.

The risk of a serious problem caused by a registry cleaner erroneously
removing an entry you need is far greater than any potential benefit it may
have.

Gordon

> Thanks for the replies....
> I've been playing with windows since Win-95 so I think I'll be ok playing
> with the registry.. I've always liked my systems running clean and smooth.
> Always clone the drive first and always read before clicking delete. The
> system. at least up to Win-XP will eventually run horrible or not at all
> if
> all the junk is left in there.

This doesn't really apply to Vista - orphaned entries in the registry won't
make any difference to the running of the machine that you would be able to
see....

Mick Murphy

Re: Uninstall program recommendation please
Start>all Programs>Accessories>Run> msconfig >OK> you are there!

Just be careful!
--
Mad Mike