Automatic Update Error 80070424

Shane Point O

Automatic Update Error 80070424

- Windows Vista Home Premium SP1

Hello, I recently noticed that my Automatic Updates for Vista has
stopped working. When I go to check for updates through the Windows
Update window I receive:

"Windows could not search for new updates

Error(s) found: Code 80070424 Windows Update encountered an unknown
error."

I receive the same error when checking for definition updates for
Windows Defender (Error Code: 0x80070424.)

I've ran multiple virus scans and everything appears to be clean.

Any suggestions? Thanks

--
Shane Point O
Shane Point O's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/shane-point-o.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Aleksandar

Re: Automatic Update Error 80070424
Hi,
I have same problem and this help me :
Start >Run> regsvr32.exe wuaueng.dll
Regards

"Shane Point O" <Shane.Point.O.3iw1va@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> - Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
>
> Hello, I recently noticed that my Automatic Updates for Vista has
> stopped working. When I go to check for updates through the Windows
> Update window I receive:
>
> "Windows could not search for new updates
>
> Error(s) found: Code 80070424 Windows Update encountered an unknown
> error."
>
> I receive the same error when checking for definition updates for
> Windows Defender (Error Code: 0x80070424.)
>
> I've ran multiple virus scans and everything appears to be clean.
>
> Any suggestions? Thanks
>

> --
> Shane Point O
> Shane Point O's Profile:
> http://forums.techarena.in/members/shane-point-o.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...ce/1071990.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Ausie Mitch

RE: Automatic Update Error 80070424
Shane,
I have Vista Business SP1 and got this same problem last night for the first
time and cannot find a fix. Likewise scans etc.,
I don't have automatic on, I let it tell me when there are updates. The
latest one was 274kb (important) and as soon as I pressed install - Bingo -
lost the lottery (as usual) so saw your post

Hope we get an "easy" answer

Regards
--
Mitch - non-guru oldie - Kiss - Keep Internet Solutions Simple

"Shane Point O" wrote:

> - Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
>
> Hello, I recently noticed that my Automatic Updates for Vista has
> stopped working. When I go to check for updates through the Windows
> Update window I receive:
>
> "Windows could not search for new updates
>
> Error(s) found: Code 80070424 Windows Update encountered an unknown
> error."
>
> I receive the same error when checking for definition updates for
> Windows Defender (Error Code: 0x80070424.)
>
> I've ran multiple virus scans and everything appears to be clean.
>
> Any suggestions? Thanks
>

> --
> Shane Point O
> Shane Point O's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/shane-point-o.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...ce/1071990.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

SIW2

Shane Point O;886619 Wrote:
> - Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
>
> Hello, I recently noticed that my Automatic Updates for Vista has
> stopped working. When I go to check for updates through the Windows
> Update window I receive:
>
> "Windows could not search for new updates
>
> Error(s) found: Code 80070424 Windows Update encountered an unknown
> error."
>
> I receive the same error when checking for definition updates for
> Windows Defender (Error Code: 0x80070424.)
>
> I've ran multiple virus scans and everything appears to be clean.
>
> Any suggestions? Thanks
>

> --
> Shane Point O
> Shane Point O's Profile: 'Shane Point O's profile on TechArena Computer
> Hardware Support Forums of India'
> (http://forums.techarena.in/members/shane-point-o.htm)'
> http://forums.techarena.in' (http://forums.techarena.in/)

Hello Shane,

You may find this will be of use

http://www.vistax64.com/software-too...air-tools.html

Hope it helps

SIW2

--
SIW2
Shane Point O

Aleksandar;4079458 Wrote:
> Hi,
> I have same problem and this help me :
> Start >Run> regsvr32.exe wuaueng.dll
> Regards

[/color]

Done. It failed.

"The module "wuaueng.dll" was loaded but the call too DllRegisterServer
failed with error code 0x80070005."

Yes, I can't find a solution to this anywhere on the internet, I would
really like to get this worked out!

--
Shane Point O
Shane Point O's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/shane-point-o.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...ce/1071990.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Aussie Mitch

Re: Automatic Update Error 80070424
SIW2

Thank you for a response,
I tried your suggestion, downloaded/tried a couple of programs, (even to buy
as that appears to be a commercial website - not a direct MS site - to me)
but now get an error message "The specified service does not appear as an
installed service"

Where do I go from here - anyone??
What have I done wrong?

Kind regards

"SIW2" wrote:

> Shane Point O;886619 Wrote:
> > - Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
> >
> > Hello, I recently noticed that my Automatic Updates for Vista has
> > stopped working. When I go to check for updates through the Windows
> > Update window I receive:
> >
> > "Windows could not search for new updates
> >
> > Error(s) found: Code 80070424 Windows Update encountered an unknown
> > error."
> >
> > I receive the same error when checking for definition updates for
> > Windows Defender (Error Code: 0x80070424.)
> >
> > I've ran multiple virus scans and everything appears to be clean.
> >
> > Any suggestions? Thanks
> >

> > --
> > Shane Point O
> > Shane Point O's Profile: 'Shane Point O's profile on TechArena Computer
> > Hardware Support Forums of India'
> > (http://forums.techarena.in/members/shane-point-o.htm)'
> > http://forums.techarena.in' (http://forums.techarena.in/)

> Hello Shane,
>
> You may find this will be of use
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/software-too...air-tools.html
>
> Hope it helps
>
> SIW2
>

> --
> SIW2

SIW2

Re: Automatic Update Error 80070424

Hi,

Did you try the third step in the tutorial - resetting manually ?

Otherwise, a repair install will replace all the Vista operating system
files, leaving your data and programs intact. You need a proper install
dvd to do this.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88...all-vista.html

Hope it helps

siw2

--
SIW2
Shane Point O

SIW2;4079506 Wrote:

> Hello Shane,
>
> You may find this will be of use
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/software-too...air-tools.html
>
> Hope it helps
>
> SIW2
>

> --
> SIW2

Yes! UA Check fixed the problem, Thank you very much for the help.

--
Shane Point O
Shane Point O's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/shane-point-o.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...ce/1071990.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

jml

Re: Automatic Update Error 80070424

@ SIW2

I had the following problem
"The module "wuaueng.dll" was loaded but the call too DllRegisterServer
failed with error code 0x80070005."

I fallowed ur advice with the link below and worked for me.

http://www.vistax64.com/software-too...air-tools.html

you rock ,keep the good work

--
jml
jml's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/jml.htm

Shane Point O;886619 Wrote:

> > > Hello, I recently noticed that my Automatic Updates for Vista has
> > > stopped working. When I go to check for updates through the Windows
> > > Update window I receive:
> > > "Windows could not search for new updates
> > > Error(s) found: Code 80070424 Windows Update encountered an unknown
> > > error."
> > > I receive the same error when checking for definition updates for
> > > Windows Defender (Error Code: 0x80070424.)

> > > I've ran multiple virus scans and everything appears to be clean.

> > > Any suggestions? Thanks

> --
> > > Shane Point O

> > > Shane Point O's Profile: 'Shane Point O's profile on TechArena

> Computer
> > > Hardware Support Forums of India'
> > > ('Shane Point O's profile on TechArena Computer Hardware Support

> Forums of India'
> (http://forums.techarena.in/members/shane-point-o.htm))'

> > > You may find this will be of use
> > >

> > http://www.vistax64.com/software-too...air-tools.html
> > >
> > > Hope it helps

> > > SIW2

> > --
> > Shane Point O> > > jml;894454 Wrote:
> > @ SIW2
> >
> > I had the following problem
> > "The module "wuaueng.dll" was loaded but the call too DllRegisterServer
> > failed with error code 0x80070005."
> >
> > I fallowed ur advice with the link below and worked for me.
> >
> > http://www.vistax64.com/software-too...air-tools.html
> >
> > you rock ,keep the good work
> >
> > jml
> > jml's Profile: 'jml's profile on TechArena Computer Hardware Support
> > Forums of India' (http://forums.techarena.in/members/jml.htm)
> > View this thread: 'Automatic Update Error 80070424 - Windows Vista
> > Performance'
> > (http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...ce/1071990.htm)
> >
> > 'http://forums.techarena.in' (http://forums.techarena.in/)> >

> Glad it worked for you jml, and thanks for posting back the result.

SIW2

--
SIW2