Re: Changing display settings in Vista to solve STOP ERROR?????
1. Right-click on your desktop (an empty area).
2. Select the last item called Display Settings.
3. Click the Advanced Settings button towards the bottom right of the
4. Click the Troubleshoot Tab.
5. Click on the Change Settings button (assuming it is not greyed out,
meaning your display driver does not allow for changes to be made).
"Leeman" <Leeman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In problem reports and solutoins I am told to manually decrease hardware
> acceleration for video adapter. But following thier instructions has got
> puzzled being somewhat computer illiterate!! This is what is
> Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Display.
> Click the Settings tab, and then click Advanced.
> Click the Troubleshoot tab, move the Hardware Acceleration slider to None,
> and then clear the Enable Write Combining check box.
> Click OK, and then click OK. Note: This procedure prevents the display
> driver from programming the hardware incorrectly, but you may lose some
> display functionality and performance....... I can not seem to locate
> settings as discribed in this solution in windows Vista. Can any one HELP