The backup did not complete successfully

Gill Julien

The backup did not complete successfully
Hi, when using the "System Tools" backup utility I received this message:

"The backup did not complete successfully. An error occurred. The
following information might help you resolved the error: The system
cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002)"

I've contacted Dell Support about this and all I was offered was to do a restore
which I tried and got the very same error on all previous restore point. Upon
Google searching "Error (0x80070002) it told me that it is a problem in preventing
windows from accurately checking the license for this computer". I'm too new
at computing and too old to try to comprehend all this. Can you help?

I have a Dell XPS 420 running on Vista Home Premium (32 bit) with 4GB of ram.
I should also add that I was trying to back up to the same external 1TB HD
which still have 721 GB of free space left. I also ran defrag, ran Window defender
and Trend Micro PC_Cillin and my drive C and on my large external drive. No
error or virus were found.

--
Mr Gill Julien

230 Route 361
Head Of Bay D'Espoir
Newfoundland, Cda
A0H 1R0
709.882.2021
Mike Hall - MVP

Re: The backup did not complete successfully
"Gill Julien" <gilljulien@eastlink.ca> wrote in message news:%23U%23VyVlRJHA.4608@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
[...]

If you want to do backups, don't use the Windows utility.

Try out the trial Acronis TrueImage 2009, It will not back up much, but it gives you better control of what, how and where..

www.acronis.com

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

Gill Julien

Re: The backup did not complete successfully
This is exactly what I did, but makes me wonder if my Acronis backup is
true since I suspect there maybe error(s) on my drive for the windows
utility not to work. One thing for sure Mike, I will never use the MS backup
utility again.

Thanks for the fast reply.