Vista Home repair

Alexey

Vista Home repair
Hi I have a laptop with what I believe is a sick hard drive. StartUp Reapir
doesn't work, and computer wont boot up on Safe mode. When i tried to
repair the Vista Windows Installation it took 15 minutes to find the Windows
installation and then went immediately in Attentpting Repairs which is
simply running doing nothin. Then i get the blue screen of death !

What I wanted to know, is there anyway i can connect the laptop to another
computer in order to see the laptop hard drive as a slave and copy some data
from it.

Before anyone asks, it was baked up to 24 hours ago, the problem occured
last night just prior to a backup being run !

Thanks for any advise

Alex

Rick Rogers

Re: Vista Home repair
Hi,

You would need to remove the hard drive and slave it in a working system.
There are adapters commonly found in pc stores for this purpose.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Alexey" <alexey@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi I have a laptop with what I believe is a sick hard drive. StartUp
> Reapir doesn't work, and computer wont boot up on Safe mode. When i
> tried to repair the Vista Windows Installation it took 15 minutes to find
> the Windows installation and then went immediately in Attentpting Repairs
> which is simply running doing nothin. Then i get the blue screen of death
> !
>
> What I wanted to know, is there anyway i can connect the laptop to another
> computer in order to see the laptop hard drive as a slave and copy some
> data from it.
>
> Before anyone asks, it was baked up to 24 hours ago, the problem occured
> last night just prior to a backup being run !
>
> Thanks for any advise
>
> Alex

Ken Blake

Re: Vista Home repair
"Alexey" <alexey@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message

> Hi I have a laptop with what I believe is a sick hard drive. StartUp
> Reapir doesn't work, and computer wont boot up on Safe mode. When i
> tried to repair the Vista Windows Installation it took 15 minutes to find
> the Windows installation and then went immediately in Attentpting Repairs
> which is simply running doing nothin. Then i get the blue screen of death
> !
>
> What I wanted to know, is there anyway i can connect the laptop to another
> computer in order to see the laptop hard drive as a slave and copy some
> data from it.

Easier than trying to connect the laptop is to remove the hard drive, put it
in a USB external enclosure, and connect that enclosure and drive to a USB
port in another computer.