Font management

Penny

Font management
Hi folks,

I'm needing a font management program for a Vista 64 bit system. I would
really like to find something that is free-ware.

I have a relatively new computer, and have never installed a font myself,
but have installed desktop publishing programs. Now I find that I have
almost 2000 fonts in my font folder. I notice that many of them are
shortcuts to folders in my program files but I think this is way
more fonts than anyone could properly use.

Thank you,

Penny

DDW

Re: Font management
On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 08:08:11 -0500, "Penny" <pennytrue@cox.net> wrote:

>I'm needing a font management program for a Vista 64 bit system. I would
>really like to find something that is free-ware.

Google "freeware font manager"

DDW
No email please
Andereida

Re: Font management

"Penny" <pennytrue@cox.net> wrote in message
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm needing a font management program for a Vista 64 bit system. I would
> really like to find something that is free-ware.
>
> I have a relatively new computer, and have never installed a font myself,
> but have installed desktop publishing programs. Now I find that I have
> almost 2000 fonts in my font folder. I notice that many of them are
> shortcuts to folders in my program files but I think this is way
> more fonts than anyone could properly use.
>
> Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Penny

Click on 'Control Panel' and then on 'Fonts'. From there you can delete any
that you do not want.

Anereida

Penny

Re: Font management
Thank you DDW, I had Goggled for one, but my search criteria included "64
bit," so the results were unsatisfactory. Following your suggestion I found
AMP Font Viewer, and it is working fine.

My dilemma stemmed from the fact that I own several Font Management programs
that would not install on Vista, but they are probably older programs and
what I needed was something newer.

Thanks again.

Penny

"DDW" <dd.wright@KILLSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message
> On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 08:08:11 -0500, "Penny" <pennytrue@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>I'm needing a font management program for a Vista 64 bit system. I would
>>really like to find something that is free-ware.

> Google "freeware font manager"
>
> DDW
> No email please

Penny

Re: Font management
Thanks for the suggestion Andereida. I did not want to just delete the
fonts, but get them out of the font folder and save them on my PC.

As it turned out half of the fonts in my font folder are shortcuts and not
counted as installed fonts. So the problem is not as serious as I thought.

I appreciate your help.

Penny

"Andereida" <bhk5835-ng3@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Penny" <pennytrue@cox.net> wrote in message
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I'm needing a font management program for a Vista 64 bit system. I would
>> really like to find something that is free-ware.
>>
>> I have a relatively new computer, and have never installed a font myself,
>> but have installed desktop publishing programs. Now I find that I have
>> almost 2000 fonts in my font folder. I notice that many of them are
>> shortcuts to folders in my program files but I think this is way
>> more fonts than anyone could properly use.
>>
>> Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Penny

> Click on 'Control Panel' and then on 'Fonts'. From there you can delete
> any that you do not want.
>
> Anereida

DDW

Re: Font management
On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 18:32:54 -0500, "Penny" <pennytrue@cox.net> wrote:

>Thank you DDW, I had Goggled for one, but my search criteria included "64
>bit," so the results were unsatisfactory. Following your suggestion I found
>AMP Font Viewer, and it is working fine.

Cool.

>My dilemma stemmed from the fact that I own several Font Management programs
>that would not install on Vista, but they are probably older programs and
>what I needed was something newer.

I'm still using a really REALLY old one called FontXplorer by Moon
Software. I don't even know if it's still available.

Just checked: IT IS. It says Vista not supported, but it works here.

http://www.moonsoftware.com/fxplorer.asp

I just downloaded AMP Font Viewer. I think I like it.

DDW
No email please