Vista Premium appearing in Windows Classic

slimskillz

Vista Premium appearing in Windows Classic

hi i have windows premium, the recent sp1 installed but yet my computer
has been displaying in windows classic theme/appearance for weeks... i
have tried to change it through personalisation but the only available
themes are classic, classic black etcetc...
its frustrating as no longer have the features of vists e.g. the
sidebar

can any1 help?

--
slimskillz
mansrm81

Re: Vista Premium appearing in Windows Classic

Have you rated your computer anything below 3.something will disable the
aero for the graphics rating.

--
mansrm81

If you think I helped you fix your problem give me some rep . Click on
the scales. [image:
http://www.vistax64.com/members/mans...-untitled.jpg]
slimskillz

Re: Vista Premium appearing in Windows Classic

how do i do that?

--
slimskillz
mansrm81

Re: Vista Premium appearing in Windows Classic

Right click on computer on the desktop or in the start menu then under
system there will be your rating click on WEI click on update my score.
For the sidebar is it still listed in the start menu/all
programs/accessories? and did you have it start with windows.

--
mansrm81

If you think I helped you fix your problem give me some rep . Click on
the scales. [image:
http://www.vistax64.com/members/mans...-untitled.jpg]
slimskillz

Re: Vista Premium appearing in Windows Classic

the sidebar used to start with windows but no longer comes up at start
up as the computer is running in windows classic and cant be reverted...
i loaded up the sidebar but it comes on the right hand side of screen as
perusual but its in windows classic theme and i can say the least it
doesnt look attractive lol

as for the rating before hand it was 4.5 which was determined by lowest
subscore, however all the others were 5.9 and 5.8... once i updated it
was still the same...

--
slimskillz
mansrm81

Re: Vista Premium appearing in Windows Classic

Try this and follow method 2

'http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/75413-aero-glass-transparency.html?filter[11]=Appearance%20Personalize'
(http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/75...0Pers onalize)

--
mansrm81

If you think I helped you fix your problem give me some rep . Click on
the scales. [image:
http://www.vistax64.com/members/mans...-untitled.jpg]
Jeffrey Kaplan

Re: Vista Premium appearing in Windows Classic
Previously on microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_mainten ance,
mansrm81 said:

> Have you rated your computer anything below 3.something will disable the
> aero for the graphics rating.

Aero Glass will work with a score at least as low as 2.4. My low-end
Vista Laptop self-rated that score (for the graphics, no less) and is
still able to run Aero Glass.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

Drive defensively. Buy a tank.