Active Control loosing focus

=?Utf-8?B?Um9uYWxkbyBNb3JlaXJh?=

Active Control loosing focus
My Windows is an up-to-date Vista Home Basic.
There's something strange and very much boring happening:
The current focused textbox/edit (in fact, any focusable control), every
second looses and receives back focus. I've noticed this behavior since I
first received my notebook. This unwanted effect is driving me crazy, 'cause
in some cases I simply can't enter text. I'm almost deciding to go back to XP.
Any help would be apreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Rock

Re: Active Control loosing focus
"Ronaldo Moreira" <RonaldoMoreira@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> My Windows is an up-to-date Vista Home Basic.
> There's something strange and very much boring happening:
> The current focused textbox/edit (in fact, any focusable control), every
> second looses and receives back focus. I've noticed this behavior since I
> first received my notebook. This unwanted effect is driving me crazy,
> 'cause
> in some cases I simply can't enter text. I'm almost deciding to go back to
> XP.
> Any help would be apreciated.
> Thanks in advance.

Is this a new system? Have you complained to the computer tech support
about it?

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

=?Utf-8?B?Um9uYWxkbyBNb3JlaXJh?=

Re: Active Control loosing focus
It's relatively new, I bought the nb 2 weeks ago and installed two programs I
used to work with: BorlandDelphi7 and MSOffice2007. I've never had problem
with Delphi within XP, but Office2007 is the first time I use. I don't think
the problem is with anyone of them. I've written a small program that intends
to detect what app is sending focus messages, 'cause that's exactly what's
happening. It didn't worked properly, but showed me that the focus goes to
desktop (HWND=0) and back every second, and the only apps affected are IE and
Explorer.
I'm looking now for a tool that shows me who is sending theese messages.
Then, I could just disable the app if I found it.
I have another machine in which I've intalled VistaUltimate64, and it has no
problems.
The nb has Vista32 Home Basic.
Thanks.

"Rock" wrote:

> "Ronaldo Moreira" <RonaldoMoreira@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> > My Windows is an up-to-date Vista Home Basic.
> > There's something strange and very much boring happening:
> > The current focused textbox/edit (in fact, any focusable control), every
> > second looses and receives back focus. I've noticed this behavior since I
> > first received my notebook. This unwanted effect is driving me crazy,
> > 'cause
> > in some cases I simply can't enter text. I'm almost deciding to go back to
> > XP.
> > Any help would be apreciated.
> > Thanks in advance.

> Is this a new system? Have you complained to the computer tech support
> about it?
>
> --
> Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Rock

Re: Active Control loosing focus
"Ronaldo Moreira" <RonaldoMoreira@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> It's relatively new, I bought the nb 2 weeks ago and installed two
> programs I
> used to work with: BorlandDelphi7 and MSOffice2007. I've never had problem
> with Delphi within XP, but Office2007 is the first time I use. I don't
> think
> the problem is with anyone of them. I've written a small program that
> intends
> to detect what app is sending focus messages, 'cause that's exactly what's
> happening. It didn't worked properly, but showed me that the focus goes to
> desktop (HWND=0) and back every second, and the only apps affected are IE
> and
> Explorer.
> I'm looking now for a tool that shows me who is sending theese messages.
> Then, I could just disable the app if I found it.
> I have another machine in which I've intalled VistaUltimate64, and it has
> no
> problems.
> The nb has Vista32 Home Basic.
> Thanks.
>
> "Rock" wrote:
>
>> "Ronaldo Moreira" <RonaldoMoreira@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>> > My Windows is an up-to-date Vista Home Basic.
>> > There's something strange and very much boring happening:
>> > The current focused textbox/edit (in fact, any focusable control),
>> > every
>> > second looses and receives back focus. I've noticed this behavior since
>> > first received my notebook. This unwanted effect is driving me crazy,
>> > 'cause
>> > in some cases I simply can't enter text. I'm almost deciding to go back
>> > XP.
>> > Any help would be apreciated.
>> > Thanks in advance.

>> Is this a new system? Have you complained to the computer tech support
>> about it?

Sounds good. When you found out the culprit maybe you can post back to
update the thread.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]