Cannot resize partition (acces denied)

misterjerry

Cannot resize partition (acces denied)
Hello,
Here's my problem:
I try to resize my partition (the c disk it's called in this case) which is
around 1,4 TB larrge.
I use around maybe 200 GB of it for both windows vista ultimate and my
files.
I used to be able to just resize the partition with the vista build in tool
for that.
Now suddenly i get the message acces denied.
Before that i got messages like : you are able to resize this certain
amount, but when i would then do that i would also get the message acces
denied (this time, it was acces denied to logic disk).
I alreay reduced virtual memory and removed older systemrecoverypoints etc
for making extra space but there's space enough as mentioned above.

I hope somebody has understanding why this can happen? (and hopefully
understanding how to solve it?)

Jerry

Mary

RE: Cannot resize partition (acces denied)
You cannot use the vista tools to partition the boot drive partition--only
the other partitions on the drive. Makes sense. Vista cannot partition
itself.

"misterjerry" wrote:

> Hello,
> Here's my problem:
> I try to resize my partition (the c disk it's called in this case) which is
> around 1,4 TB larrge.
> I use around maybe 200 GB of it for both windows vista ultimate and my
> files.
> I used to be able to just resize the partition with the vista build in tool
> for that.
> Now suddenly i get the message acces denied.
> Before that i got messages like : you are able to resize this certain
> amount, but when i would then do that i would also get the message acces
> denied (this time, it was acces denied to logic disk).
> I alreay reduced virtual memory and removed older systemrecoverypoints etc
> for making extra space but there's space enough as mentioned above.
>
> I hope somebody has understanding why this can happen? (and hopefully
> understanding how to solve it?)
>
> Jerry

jcgriff2

Re: Cannot resize partition (acces denied)

You should be able "shrink" the OS drive via Disk Management -
START | type diskmgmt.msc into the start box

Left click 1x on the OS drive rectangular box. Right-click on it and
select "shrink".

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

misterjerry

Re: Cannot resize partition (acces denied)

Shrink: That's now the problem, i used to be able to schrink my partion
through that screen you just gave me, but that doesnot work anymore, i get
then:

logical disk manager: acces denied..

"jcgriff2" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> You should be able "shrink" the OS drive via Disk Management -
> START | type diskmgmt.msc into the start box
>
> Left click 1x on the OS drive rectangular box. Right-click on it and
> select "shrink".
>
> Regards. . .
>
> jcgriff2
>
> .
>

> --
> jcgriff2

knightrider™

misterjerry;120975 Wrote:
> Shrink: That's now the problem, i used to be able to schrink my partion
> through that screen you just gave me, but that doesnot work anymore, i
> get
> then:
>
> logical disk manager: acces denied..
>

> "jcgriff2" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
> >
> > You should be able "shrink" the OS drive via Disk Management -
> > START | type diskmgmt.msc into the start box
> >
> > Left click 1x on the OS drive rectangular box. Right-click on it

> and
> > select "shrink".
> >
> > Regards. . .
> >
> > jcgriff2
> >
> > .
> >

> > --
> > jcgriff2

do u have admins rights for it or give urself ownership and then go to
disk management and resize ur partitions

--
knightrider™
knightrider™'s Profile: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/member.php?userid=33

misterjerry

Re: Cannot resize partition (acces denied)
i'll give that one more try but tried that already, it already says in the
list then by the way that there's no free space (in the listing of the
disks), was not able to schrink anything..

jerry

"knightriderT" <knightrider.3inmrq@winvistaclub.com> schreef in bericht

> misterjerry;120975 Wrote:
>> Shrink: That's now the problem, i used to be able to schrink my partion
>> through that screen you just gave me, but that doesnot work anymore, i
>> get
>> then:
>>
>> logical disk manager: acces denied..
>>

>> "jcgriff2" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > You should be able "shrink" the OS drive via Disk Management -
>> > START | type diskmgmt.msc into the start box
>> >
>> > Left click 1x on the OS drive rectangular box. Right-click on it

>> and
>> > select "shrink".
>> >
>> > Regards. . .
>> >
>> > jcgriff2
>> >
>> > .
>> >

>> > --
>> > jcgriff2

> do u have admins rights for it or give urself ownership and then go to
> disk management and resize ur partitions
>

> --
> knightriderT
> knightriderT's Profile: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/member.php?userid=33
> View this thread: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25818

misterjerry

Re: Cannot resize partition (acces denied)
all your help didnot work..
but, i found EASEUS partition manager (freeware for home use) which was able
to do the trick.

but still my system malfuntions, if i'd go to the management console and go
to the screen where to resize/epand, create partions etc, it's impossible to
assig non used space to a partion..anymody suggestions for that?
donot think so, wiill try to fix it with the program or reinstall vista.

jerry

"misterjerry" <didjerrydoo@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> i'll give that one more try but tried that already, it already says in the
> list then by the way that there's no free space (in the listing of the
> disks), was not able to schrink anything..
>
> jerry
>

> "knightriderT" <knightrider.3inmrq@winvistaclub.com> schreef in bericht
>>
>> misterjerry;120975 Wrote:
>>> Shrink: That's now the problem, i used to be able to schrink my partion
>>> through that screen you just gave me, but that doesnot work anymore, i
>>> get
>>> then:
>>>
>>> logical disk manager: acces denied..
>>>

>>> "jcgriff2" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

>>> and

>> do u have admins rights for it or give urself ownership and then go to
>> disk management and resize ur partitions
>>

>> --
>> knightriderT
>> knightriderT's Profile:
>> http://winvistaclub.com/forum/member.php?userid=33
>> View this thread: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25818

DDW

Re: Cannot resize partition (acces denied)
On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 19:32:45 +0100, "misterjerry"
<didjerrydoo@hotmail.com> wrote:

>all your help didnot work..
>but, i found EASEUS partition manager (freeware for home use) which was able
>to do the trick.
>
>but still my system malfuntions, if i'd go to the management console and go
>to the screen where to resize/epand, create partions etc, it's impossible to
>assig non used space to a partion..anymody suggestions for that?
>donot think so, wiill try to fix it with the program or reinstall vista.

Are you saying that EASEUS can't do it?

DDW
No email please