Vista Scan Disc ?

=?Utf-8?B?amFudXM=?=

Vista Scan Disc ?
Hi...I have Vista Premium....what happened to Scan Disc and is there an
equivalent operation in Vista ?
"Walt"
Rick Rogers

Re: Vista Scan Disc ?
Hi Janus,

Scandisk was a Win9x drive tool. Vista, like XP and 2000, is an NT system
and they use chkdsk. You will find it (error checking) on the tools tab of
the drive's properties.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"janus" <janus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi...I have Vista Premium....what happened to Scan Disc and is there an
> equivalent operation in Vista ?
> "Walt"

John Barnett MVP

Re: Vista Scan Disc ?
ScanDisk doesn't exist in Vista (or XP for that matter). You now need to use
the 'chkdsk' command. You can either do this from the drive properties,
click the tools tab and then select error checking, or you can run chkdsk
directly from the command prompt. With the command prompt you do need to be
in 'elevated' mode to run chkdsk. To run the command prompt in elevated mode
right click on the command prompt and select 'run as administrator'.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"janus" <janus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi...I have Vista Premium....what happened to Scan Disc and is there an
> equivalent operation in Vista ?
> "Walt"

=?Utf-8?B?amFudXM=?=

Re: Vista Scan Disc ?
Many thanks to both of you....All ok.
"W"

"John Barnett MVP" wrote:

> ScanDisk doesn't exist in Vista (or XP for that matter). You now need to use
> the 'chkdsk' command. You can either do this from the drive properties,
> click the tools tab and then select error checking, or you can run chkdsk
> directly from the command prompt. With the command prompt you do need to be
> in 'elevated' mode to run chkdsk. To run the command prompt in elevated mode
> right click on the command prompt and select 'run as administrator'.
>
> --
> John Barnett MVP
> Associate Expert
> Windows - Shell/User
>
> Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
> Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

> reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be liable for
> any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the
> mail/post..
>
> "janus" <janus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi...I have Vista Premium....what happened to Scan Disc and is there an
> > equivalent operation in Vista ?
> > "Walt"

John Barnett MVP

Re: Vista Scan Disc ?