Problem with "Hijack This"

Jsh1284

Problem with "Hijack This"

I currently suspect that I have some illusive malware on my system.
Windows Defender, Avast, and Comodo detect nothing, though. Well, I
heard "Hijack This" is good for such insrtances, however I have NO clue
what to delete or deactivate without screwing up my system. Can someone
please help me identify my issues so I know what to do to get this
problem solved?

--
Jsh1284

"Music and movies are more about the memories they create. You're more
likely to remember the personal relationships than anything else"
Rick Rogers

Re: Problem with "Hijack This"
Hi,

There are forums that specialize in analyzing these logs, here is one run by
a friend of mine:

Please be sure to read the "READ FIRST!" segment prior to posting.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Jsh1284" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I currently suspect that I have some illusive malware on my system.
> Windows Defender, Avast, and Comodo detect nothing, though. Well, I
> heard "Hijack This" is good for such insrtances, however I have NO clue
> what to delete or deactivate without screwing up my system. Can someone
> please help me identify my issues so I know what to do to get this
> problem solved?
>

> --
> Jsh1284
>
> "Music and movies are more about the memories they create. You're more
> likely to remember the personal relationships than anything else"

Kayman

Re: Problem with "Hijack This"
On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 16:26:58 -0600, Jsh1284 wrote:

> I currently suspect that I have some illusive malware on my system.
> Windows Defender, Avast, and Comodo detect nothing, though. Well, I
> heard "Hijack This" is good for such insrtances, however I have NO clue
> what to delete or deactivate without screwing up my system. Can someone
> please help me identify my issues so I know what to do to get this
> problem solved?

Why would anybody installing inferior Comodo products to their superior
Vista operating system is beyond me!

Download and execute HiJack This! (HJT)
http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en...ols/hijackthis

Please, do not post HJT logs to this newsgroup.

Fora where you can get expert advice for HiJack This! (HJT) logs.

http://www.spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showforum=27
http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/i...hp?showforum=7
http://www.5starsupport.com/ipboard/...p?showforum=18
http://www.theeldergeek.com/forum/in...showf orum=29

NOTE:
Registration is required in any of the above mentioned fora before posting
a HJT log and read the 'stickies' (instructions/guidelines) for the
respective HJT forum.
Mick Murphy

RE: Problem with "Hijack This"
Try the 2 programs below.
If you have to, scan in Safe Mode.
All info below.

http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html

Spybot Search & Destroy 1.6 is a very good, FREE Anti-Spyware Program.
Download, install, update, and immunize your System with it.
Then SCAN with it.
Update it, and scan your System once a fortnight.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Malwarebytes is as the name says, a Malware Remover!
For the Free version scroll down their page to either download from
Download.com, or Major Geeks.com

Download, install, and update.

Important re: Safe Mode
If you happen to find a problem that you can’t uninstall / delete, reboot
the computer, and go into Safe Mode.
To get into Safe mode, tap F8 right at Power On / Startup, and use UP arrow
key to get to Safe Mode from list of options, then hit ENTER.
RESCAN your computer with your Anti-Virus, Malwarebytes and Spybot S & D
while in Safe Mode.

--
Mad Mike

"Jsh1284" wrote:

> I currently suspect that I have some illusive malware on my system.
> Windows Defender, Avast, and Comodo detect nothing, though. Well, I
> heard "Hijack This" is good for such insrtances, however I have NO clue
> what to delete or deactivate without screwing up my system. Can someone
> please help me identify my issues so I know what to do to get this
> problem solved?
>

> --
> Jsh1284
>
> "Music and movies are more about the memories they create. You're more
> likely to remember the personal relationships than anything else"

jcgriff2

Re: Problem with "Hijack This"

If Vista x64, keep in mind that portions of the HJT log showing
"missing" \system32 files is primarily smoke and mirrors. x86 apps like
HJT are re-directed to the x86 \syswow64 when seeking the x64 \system32.
It doesn't know this. x86 HJT s/b pointed toward \sysnative - the
virtualized \system32 during x86 app execution.

jcgriff2