how to resize my partition while vista says it has no space but there's space enough

misterjerry

how to resize my partition while vista says it has no space but there's space enough
I have a partiotn with vista ultimae on it, it's aroun1,3 TB big.
It still has around 700 GB free space.
I already reduced the virtiual memory size to 200 mb to make sure that
windows finds space but no..
It keeps on saying there is 0 space to use (and then suggest to have a look
at the virtual memory or at the moment'recordings'(i think with that is
meant systemreplacement, the replacepoints.
Should i remove those systemreplacepoints and where i they located?
And what about this: i just read that systemreplacement ony works with a
disk of at leas 1 GB, is that true?

Thanks for all your help,

Jerry

Rick Rogers

Re: how to resize my partition while vista says it has no space but there's space enough
Hi,

Run diskmgmt.msc - how much free (unpartitioned) space is available on the
drive? What steps are you taking to expand your system volume?

Unlock virtual memory, restricting it is pointless and possibly detrimental
to system performance. Space occupied by vm and system restore is on your
existing volume and would have nothing to do with an issue with expanding
the volume.

> And what about this: i just read that systemreplacement ony works with a
> disk of at leas 1 GB, is that true?

No.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"misterjerry" <didjerrydoo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a partiotn with vista ultimae on it, it's aroun1,3 TB big.
> It still has around 700 GB free space.
> I already reduced the virtiual memory size to 200 mb to make sure that
> windows finds space but no..
> It keeps on saying there is 0 space to use (and then suggest to have a
> look at the virtual memory or at the moment'recordings'(i think with that
> is meant systemreplacement, the replacepoints.
> Should i remove those systemreplacepoints and where i they located?
> And what about this: i just read that systemreplacement ony works with a
> disk of at leas 1 GB, is that true?
>
> Thanks for all your help,
>
> Jerry

misterjerry

Re: how to resize my partition while vista says it has no space but there's space enough
Ok,
now, after having added the free space i already had to the c-C didsk,
i am now not at all able to resize the cdisk...!? The message: acces denied.
(first by the way i got the message logic station acces denied, didnot
understand that as i never created a logic station..) but now i just get:
Acces Denied..

This means i have now 1 partition (C) of around 1,4 TB.
And vista cannot make it some smaller..

There must be a failure somewhere and i like to know where ofcourse and how
to solve it, microsoft must have a solution for this?

"misterjerry" <didjerrydoo@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
>I have a partiotn with vista ultimae on it, it's aroun1,3 TB big.
> It still has around 700 GB free space.
> I already reduced the virtiual memory size to 200 mb to make sure that
> windows finds space but no..
> It keeps on saying there is 0 space to use (and then suggest to have a
> look at the virtual memory or at the moment'recordings'(i think with that
> is meant systemreplacement, the replacepoints.
> Should i remove those systemreplacepoints and where i they located?
> And what about this: i just read that systemreplacement ony works with a
> disk of at leas 1 GB, is that true?
>
> Thanks for all your help,
>
> Jerry

jcgriff2

Re: how to resize my partition while vista says it has no space but there's space enough

Hi Jerry. . .

Please run a Vista system health report along w/ msinfo32 and let's see
if this can be figured out.

*Perfmon (Health report):*
START | type cmd.exe into the start search box | RIGHT-click on cmd.exe
above | select Run as Administrator | the cmd/DOS screen will appear -
type the following:

*perfmon /report*
It will take 60 seconds and the output will appear in an IE7 browser.
Please save as an HTM or HTML file - you'll see the default file
extension when you go to save it.

*msinfo32*
START | type msinfo32 & hit enter - save it as an NFO file (default)

Zip both up and attach to your next post.

Can you also get a screenshot of Disk Management, please?
START | type *diskmgmt.msc* - hit enter | be sure to expand screen so
all can be seen

Thanks.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

misterjerry

Re: how to resize my partition while vista says it has no space but there's space enough
hi, i appreciate your help

shall i first install english language into my vista system before sending
the reports? (can i just add attachments here into the newsgroups??)
as my language and the reports are in Dutch now..

jerry

"jcgriff2" <guest@unknown-email.com> schreef in bericht

> Hi Jerry. . .
>
> Please run a Vista system health report along w/ msinfo32 and let's see
> if this can be figured out.
>
> *Perfmon (Health report):*
> START | type cmd.exe into the start search box | RIGHT-click on cmd.exe
> above | select Run as Administrator | the cmd/DOS screen will appear -
> type the following:
>
> *perfmon /report*
> It will take 60 seconds and the output will appear in an IE7 browser.
> Please save as an HTM or HTML file - you'll see the default file
> extension when you go to save it.
>
> *msinfo32*
> START | type msinfo32 & hit enter - save it as an NFO file (default)
>
> Zip both up and attach to your next post.
>
> Can you also get a screenshot of Disk Management, please?
> START | type *diskmgmt.msc* - hit enter | be sure to expand screen so
> all can be seen
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards. . .
>
> jcgriff2
>
> .
>

> --
> jcgriff2

misterjerry

Re: how to resize my partition while vista says it has no space but there's space enough
Just one more thing: i now installed the english language and i created the
logfiles as you requested. (the perfmno/report html file and the msinfo32
nfo file)
I just want to know:
1 is it save to share these files here in a newsgroup (other people, please
reply), how about my pc's security?
and 2, can i just add an attachment right here in the newsgroup?

when i had some replies, i will add them here today

Thanks already,

Jerry

> hi, i appreciate your help
>
> shall i first install english language into my vista system before sending
> the reports? (can i just add attachments here into the newsgroups??)
> as my language and the reports are in Dutch now..
>
> jerry
>
> "jcgriff2" <guest@unknown-email.com> schreef in bericht
>>
>> Hi Jerry. . .
>>
>> Please run a Vista system health report along w/ msinfo32 and let's see
>> if this can be figured out.
>>
>> *Perfmon (Health report):*
>> START | type cmd.exe into the start search box | RIGHT-click on cmd.exe
>> above | select Run as Administrator | the cmd/DOS screen will appear -
>> type the following:
>>
>> *perfmon /report*
>> It will take 60 seconds and the output will appear in an IE7 browser.
>> Please save as an HTM or HTML file - you'll see the default file
>> extension when you go to save it.
>>
>> *msinfo32*
>> START | type msinfo32 & hit enter - save it as an NFO file (default)
>>
>> Zip both up and attach to your next post.
>>
>> Can you also get a screenshot of Disk Management, please?
>> START | type *diskmgmt.msc* - hit enter | be sure to expand screen so
>> all can be seen
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Regards. . .
>>
>> jcgriff2
>>
>> .
>>

>> --
>> jcgriff2

misterjerry

Re: how to resize my partition while vista says it has no space but there's space enough
Ok i decided to upload the reports, the attachments as asked but they are
too large and uploading them here doesnot work, i put them here to see:

if clicking doesnot work, please then copy/paste the exact below adresses in
your browser

http://www.trancedidge.com/tmp/msinfo32.nfo

http://www.trancedidge.com/tmp/perfmon_report.html

jerry

> Just one more thing: i now installed the english language and i created
> the logfiles as you requested. (the perfmno/report html file and the
> msinfo32 nfo file)
> I just want to know:
> 1 is it save to share these files here in a newsgroup (other people,
> please reply), how about my pc's security?
> and 2, can i just add an attachment right here in the newsgroup?
>
> when i had some replies, i will add them here today
>
> Thanks already,
>
> Jerry
>
> "misterjerry" <didjerrydoo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> hi, i appreciate your help
>>
>> shall i first install english language into my vista system before
>> sending the reports? (can i just add attachments here into the
>> newsgroups??)
>> as my language and the reports are in Dutch now..
>>
>> jerry
>>
>> "jcgriff2" <guest@unknown-email.com> schreef in bericht
>>>
>>> Hi Jerry. . .
>>>
>>> Please run a Vista system health report along w/ msinfo32 and let's see
>>> if this can be figured out.
>>>
>>> *Perfmon (Health report):*
>>> START | type cmd.exe into the start search box | RIGHT-click on cmd.exe
>>> above | select Run as Administrator | the cmd/DOS screen will appear -
>>> type the following:
>>>
>>> *perfmon /report*
>>> It will take 60 seconds and the output will appear in an IE7 browser.
>>> Please save as an HTM or HTML file - you'll see the default file
>>> extension when you go to save it.
>>>
>>> *msinfo32*
>>> START | type msinfo32 & hit enter - save it as an NFO file (default)
>>>
>>> Zip both up and attach to your next post.
>>>
>>> Can you also get a screenshot of Disk Management, please?
>>> START | type *diskmgmt.msc* - hit enter | be sure to expand screen so
>>> all can be seen
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> Regards. . .
>>>
>>> jcgriff2
>>>
>>> .
>>>

>>> --
>>> jcgriff2

misterjerry

Re: how to resize my partition while vista says it has no space but there's space enough

Sorry,

The second link in my last post doesnot work, to make it work i did this:
go to:
http://www.trancedidge.com/tmp/perfmon_report.nfo

and then: )!) rename/change the nfo into html, then you have the real
perfmon_report.html

jerry

> Ok i decided to upload the reports, the attachments as asked but they are
> too large and uploading them here doesnot work, i put them here to see:
>
> if clicking doesnot work, please then copy/paste the exact below adresses
> in your browser
>
> http://www.trancedidge.com/tmp/msinfo32.nfo
>
> http://www.trancedidge.com/tmp/perfmon_report.html
>

> jerry
>

> "misterjerry" <didjerrydoo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Just one more thing: i now installed the english language and i created
>> the logfiles as you requested. (the perfmno/report html file and the
>> msinfo32 nfo file)
>> I just want to know:
>> 1 is it save to share these files here in a newsgroup (other people,
>> please reply), how about my pc's security?
>> and 2, can i just add an attachment right here in the newsgroup?
>>
>> when i had some replies, i will add them here today
>>
>> Thanks already,
>>
>> Jerry
>>
>> "misterjerry" <didjerrydoo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> hi, i appreciate your help
>>>
>>> shall i first install english language into my vista system before
>>> sending the reports? (can i just add attachments here into the
>>> newsgroups??)
>>> as my language and the reports are in Dutch now..
>>>
>>> jerry
>>>
>>> "jcgriff2" <guest@unknown-email.com> schreef in bericht

misterjerry

Re: how to resize my partition while vista says it has no space but there's space enough
uhm, anybody who can help me further here..?

> Sorry,
>
> The second link in my last post doesnot work, to make it work i did this:
> go to:
> http://www.trancedidge.com/tmp/perfmon_report.nfo
>
> and then: )!) rename/change the nfo into html, then you have the real
> perfmon_report.html
>
> jerry
>

> "misterjerry" <didjerrydoo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Ok i decided to upload the reports, the attachments as asked but they are
>> too large and uploading them here doesnot work, i put them here to see:
>>
>> if clicking doesnot work, please then copy/paste the exact below adresses
>> in your browser
>>
>> http://www.trancedidge.com/tmp/msinfo32.nfo
>>
>> http://www.trancedidge.com/tmp/perfmon_report.html
>>

>> jerry
>>

>> "misterjerry" <didjerrydoo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Just one more thing: i now installed the english language and i created
>>> the logfiles as you requested. (the perfmno/report html file and the
>>> msinfo32 nfo file)
>>> I just want to know:
>>> 1 is it save to share these files here in a newsgroup (other people,
>>> please reply), how about my pc's security?
>>> and 2, can i just add an attachment right here in the newsgroup?
>>>
>>> when i had some replies, i will add them here today
>>>
>>> Thanks already,
>>>
>>> Jerry

DDW

Re: how to resize my partition while vista says it has no space but there's space enough
On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 21:45:32 +0100, "misterjerry"
<didjerrydoo@hotmail.com> wrote:

>uhm, anybody who can help me further here..?

Why don't you organize your thoughts and just start over with a new
thread. This one is a PITA to try to read and comprehend.

DDW
No email please