Lost Recycle Bin shortcut from desktop

Dustin Harper

Re: Lost Recycle Bin shortcut from desktop
Right click desktop, select Personalize. In the left pane select Change
Desktop Icons. Check where it says "Recycle Bin". Click OK and you're back
in business.

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

--
"Donny" <six.bennetts@REMOVEverizon.net> wrote in message
> Can somebody tell me the file path in Vista for the recycle bin,
> please?
>
> Thanks
> Donny

Rock

Re: Lost Recycle Bin shortcut from desktop
"Donny" <six.bennetts@REMOVEverizon.net> wrote
> Can somebody tell me the file path in Vista for the recycle bin,
> please?

Right click a blank area of the desktop | Personalize. On the left click on
Change desktop icons. Put a check in Recycle Bin. Ok out.

This happens because when emptying the recycle bin you clicked on delete
instead of Empty Recycle Bin.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Rock

Re: Lost Recycle Bin shortcut from desktop - to Dustin and Rock.
"Donny" <six.bennetts@REMOVEverizon.net> wrote\

> On Tue, 3 Apr 2007 17:52:41 -0700, "Dustin Harper"
> <dharper@vistarip.com> wrote:
>
>>Right click desktop, select Personalize. In the left pane select Change
>>Desktop Icons. Check where it says "Recycle Bin". Click OK and you're back
>>in business.

> Thanks, got it back.
>
> Never knew that going from 98SE to Vista would require so much
> learning!
>
> I appreciate it.
> Donny
>
> (Would you two guys be open to other simple questions like this?)

Yep there is a big learning curve and a paradigm shift in how things work.
Sure, ask away that's what this place is for, users helping users. Create a
new thread for new questions.

Also there are some good references to use. Vista's Help and Support is
quite good.
Google search, http://www.google.com/webhp ,
and searching these newsgroups using Google Groups Advanced search.
http://groups.google.com/advanced_se...oe=UTF-8&hl=en

The Vista newsgroups are microsoft.public.windows.vista.*

microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_acco unts_password
microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_vide o
microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_mainten ance
microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

I also suggest you use a newsreader to access these newsgroups. Vista comes
with Windows Mail which is already configured for MS newsgroup access under
Microsoft Communities.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Donny

On Wed, 4 Apr 2007 00:16:32 -0700, "Rock" <Rock@nospam.net> wrote:

>"Donny" <six.bennetts@REMOVEverizon.net> wrote\
>
>> On Tue, 3 Apr 2007 17:52:41 -0700, "Dustin Harper"
>> <dharper@vistarip.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Right click desktop, select Personalize. In the left pane select Change
>>>Desktop Icons. Check where it says "Recycle Bin". Click OK and you're back
>>>in business.

>> Thanks, got it back.
>>
>> Never knew that going from 98SE to Vista would require so much
>> learning!
>>
>> I appreciate it.
>> Donny
>>
>> (Would you two guys be open to other simple questions like this?)

>Yep there is a big learning curve and a paradigm shift in how things work.
>Sure, ask away that's what this place is for, users helping users. Create a
>new thread for new questions.
>
>Also there are some good references to use. Vista's Help and Support is
>quite good.
>Google search, http://www.google.com/webhp ,
>and searching these newsgroups using Google Groups Advanced search.
>http://groups.google.com/advanced_se...oe=UTF-8&hl=en
>
>The Vista newsgroups are microsoft.public.windows.vista.*
>
>microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_acc ounts_password
>microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
>microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
>microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
>microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
>microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_set up
>microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
>microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_vid eo
>microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_shari ng
>microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_mainte nance
>microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
>microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
>
>I also suggest you use a newsreader to access these newsgroups. Vista comes
>with Windows Mail which is already configured for MS newsgroup access under
>Microsoft Communities.

Thanks, Rock. I will check out the above info. Nice to know there's
some regular people around.

Donny
Rock

Re: Lost Recycle Bin shortcut from desktop - to Dustin and Rock.
You're welcome. Have fun with Vista.
--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]