Please help me BSOD constantly

ibeenkillinit

Please help me BSOD constantly

I have installed x64 vista ultimate and sp1 oh my god the blue screens!
I have been battling with this over and over for the last 4 days. I get
the following

*problem signature*
problem event name: bluescreen
os version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
locale id: 1033
*files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be
available)*
mini110108-03.dmp
sysdata.xml
version.txt
view a temporary copy of these files
*warning: *if a virus or other security threat caused the problem,
opening a copy of the files could harm your computer.
*extra information about the problem*
bccode: 1000007e
bcp1: ffffffffc0000005
bcp2: fffffa6004ca0d40
bcp3: fffffa6009a049d8
bcp4: fffffa6009a043b0
os version: 6_0_6001
service pack: 1_0
product: 256_1
server information: d4f80172-86b8-4475-9ff5-d5de05549f85

also system_service_exception
0x0000003b
0x0000007e

hidclass.sys

i have a p6n msi motherboard 8 gb of ocz ram
q6600 2.4 quad core
8800gts 640 mb video card

i also tried the windows6.0-kb929777-v2-x64 standalone and it says its
not needed for my system but i dont see it installed.

--
ibeenkillinit
Richard Urban

Re: Please help me BSOD constantly
I just repaired a computer that was acting much as yours. System crashed and
froze at all odd times - even when doing "nothing". I was suspecting bad RAM
or a failing CPU (the usual culprits). The owner said that he had reloaded
Vista about 2 weeks prior.

On a whim, I reloaded a "clean" copy of Vista. All problems were gone. The
owner had gotten a corrupt install somehow - maybe a power failure during
the install, or some such. The customer is now happy.

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

"ibeenkillinit" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I have installed x64 vista ultimate and sp1 oh my god the blue screens!
> I have been battling with this over and over for the last 4 days. I get
> the following
>
> *problem signature*
> problem event name: bluescreen
> os version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
> locale id: 1033
> *files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be
> available)*
> mini110108-03.dmp
> sysdata.xml
> version.txt
> view a temporary copy of these files
> *warning: *if a virus or other security threat caused the problem,
> opening a copy of the files could harm your computer.
> *extra information about the problem*
> bccode: 1000007e
> bcp1: ffffffffc0000005
> bcp2: fffffa6004ca0d40
> bcp3: fffffa6009a049d8
> bcp4: fffffa6009a043b0
> os version: 6_0_6001
> service pack: 1_0
> product: 256_1
> server information: d4f80172-86b8-4475-9ff5-d5de05549f85
>
> also system_service_exception
> 0x0000003b
> 0x0000007e
>
> hidclass.sys
>

> i have a p6n msi motherboard 8 gb of ocz ram
> q6600 2.4 quad core
> 8800gts 640 mb video card
>
> i also tried the windows6.0-kb929777-v2-x64 standalone and it says its
> not needed for my system but i dont see it installed.
>

> --
> ibeenkillinit

jcgriff2

Re: Please help me BSOD constantly

Bugcheck per BCC was 0x1000007e (0xffffffffc00000005,
0xfffffa6004ca0d40, fffffa6004ca0d40, 0xfffffa6009a043b0). 0x1000007e
same as 0x7e = SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED = system thread
generated an exception not caught; exception is the 1st parm inside
parenthesis = 0xff...c..5 = a memory access violation.

The other bugcheck - 0x3b = SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION = an exception was
generated by a system service during its move into kernel code territory
- most likely a 0xc..5 (like 0x7e had).

0x7e warrants good look at GUI - video adapter & drivers. Could be
cause of both along w/ anti-virus; more so if 3rd party firewall
installed.

HID driver *hidclass.sys* listed as probable cause - what is plugged
into USBs or other?

How many BSODs? If not hardware related as suggested, then good chance
3rd party driver hiding under memory address range of hidclass.sys - not
suspected unless Vista install or source corrupt.

Re-install Vista again. If BSODs return and hardware OK, run the driver
verifier:
START | type cmd.exe into start search box | RIGHT-click on cmd.exe
above under programs - select Run as Administrator | type *verifier *|
the verifier screen will appear

Code:
--------------------

1. Select 2nd option - Create custom settings (for code developers)
2. Select 2nd option - Select individual settings from a full list.
3. Check the boxes
• Special Pool
• Pool Tracking
• Force IRQL checking
4. Select last option - Select driver names from a list
5. Click on the Provider heading - sorts list by Provider
6. Check ALL boxes where Microsoft is not the Provider
7. Click on Finish
8. Re-boot

--------------------

If the verifier flags driver, BSOD will result. Get it -
c:\windows\minidump - and run these 2 -

*msinfo32 - save as NFO file*
START | type msinfo32 into start search box | hit enter - save as NFO
file (default file extention)

*perfmon - save as HTML file*
START | type cmd.exe into start search box | RIGHT-click on cmd.exe
above under programs - select Run as Administrator – then enter:

*perfmon /report*

Output will come up in IE7 browser screen. Save it as an HTML file. Zip
up NFO and HTML files - they must be in this format to be of use. Attach
to next post – send me a PM.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

Richard Urban

Re: Please help me BSOD constantly
I am not having the problem. Why tell this to me?

--

"jcgriff2" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Bugcheck per BCC was 0x1000007e (0xffffffffc00000005,
> 0xfffffa6004ca0d40, fffffa6004ca0d40, 0xfffffa6009a043b0). 0x1000007e
> same as 0x7e = SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED = system thread
> generated an exception not caught; exception is the 1st parm inside
> parenthesis = 0xff...c..5 = a memory access violation.
>
> The other bugcheck - 0x3b = SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION = an exception was
> generated by a system service during its move into kernel code territory
> - most likely a 0xc..5 (like 0x7e had).
>
> 0x7e warrants good look at GUI - video adapter & drivers. Could be
> cause of both along w/ anti-virus; more so if 3rd party firewall
> installed.
>
> HID driver *hidclass.sys* listed as probable cause - what is plugged
> into USBs or other?
>
> How many BSODs? If not hardware related as suggested, then good chance
> 3rd party driver hiding under memory address range of hidclass.sys - not
> suspected unless Vista install or source corrupt.
>
> Re-install Vista again. If BSODs return and hardware OK, run the driver
> verifier:
> START | type cmd.exe into start search box | RIGHT-click on cmd.exe
> above under programs - select Run as Administrator | type *verifier *|
> the verifier screen will appear
>

> Code:
> --------------------
>
> 1. Select 2nd option - Create custom settings (for code developers)
> 2. Select 2nd option - Select individual settings from a full list.
> 3. Check the boxes
> . Special Pool
> . Pool Tracking
> . Force IRQL checking
> 4. Select last option - Select driver names from a list
> 5. Click on the Provider heading - sorts list by Provider
> 6. Check ALL boxes where Microsoft is not the Provider
> 7. Click on Finish
> 8. Re-boot
>
> --------------------
>

> If the verifier flags driver, BSOD will result. Get it -
> c:\windows\minidump - and run these 2 -
>
> *msinfo32 - save as NFO file*
> START | type msinfo32 into start search box | hit enter - save as NFO
> file (default file extention)
>
> *perfmon - save as HTML file*
> START | type cmd.exe into start search box | RIGHT-click on cmd.exe
> above under programs - select Run as Administrator - then enter:
>
> *perfmon /report*
>
> Output will come up in IE7 browser screen. Save it as an HTML file. Zip
> up NFO and HTML files - they must be in this format to be of use. Attach
> to next post - send me a PM.
>
> Regards. . .
>
> jcgriff2
>
> .
>

> --
> jcgriff2

jcgriff2

Re: Please help me BSOD constantly

Nothing directed at or being told to you, Richard. I exited out of an
adjoining BSOD thread after posting, saw this one and thought I may be
of some help to OP *ibeenkillinit*.

I find corrupt OS install plausible explanation and worthwhile plan of
1st attack. However, I would have expected to see something like kernel
corruption bug check 0x109 somewhere - especially in x64. I don't
believe Vista itself is generating 0xc..5 NT STATUS exceptions, but is
being listed as the probable cause b/c actual offending driver getting
away; hence the driver verifier.

Kind Regards. . .

jcgriff2