AppData\local\temp\yayxuogd.dll

WOGGIE

AppData\local\temp\yayxuogd.dll
I keep getting an error message (RunDLL) was stating that the modul was not
found. The error message appears every time I log-on to my computer.
The dll-file should have been in the C-drive and I have attempted to correct
this without success. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of
error message?
Big D

Re: AppData\local\temp\yayxuogd.dll
WOGGIE <WOGGIE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I keep getting an error message (RunDLL) was stating that the modul was not
>found. The error message appears every time I log-on to my computer.
>The dll-file should have been in the C-drive and I have attempted to correct
>this without success.

Meaning that you did... WHAT?
DL

Re: AppData\local\temp\yayxuogd.dll
With a name like that, it would appear your PC may be infected with
malaware.

"WOGGIE" <WOGGIE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I keep getting an error message (RunDLL) was stating that the modul was not
> found. The error message appears every time I log-on to my computer.
> The dll-file should have been in the C-drive and I have attempted to
> correct
> this without success. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of
> error message?

Richard Urban

Re: AppData\local\temp\yayxuogd.dll
Most file names at least try to have some semblance of a meaning as related
to what they do. The file name you quote seems to be computer generated and
looks like gibberish. This is usually an indication of malware (one of the
type that change the file name periodically and upon each reboot). The name
is changed to try to avoid detection.

The end result is that something on your computer is looking for a file that
no longer exists. Did you recently have a malware infection that you think
you have cleaned out? It appears you were not entirely successful.

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

"WOGGIE" <WOGGIE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I keep getting an error message (RunDLL) was stating that the modul was not
> found. The error message appears every time I log-on to my computer.
> The dll-file should have been in the C-drive and I have attempted to
> correct
> this without success. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of
> error message?

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: AppData\local\temp\yayxuogd.dll
"WOGGIE" <WOGGIE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I keep getting an error message (RunDLL) was stating that the modul was not
> found. The error message appears every time I log-on to my computer.
> The dll-file should have been in the C-drive and I have attempted to
> correct
> this without success. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of
> error message?

Do a thorough check for malware, following all of the steps at one of these
Web pages, including HijackThis.
Help with malware:
All MS-MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince
you that you owe it to the author. See also:
of.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email