Laptop turning itself off every 6mins....

mat885

Laptop turning itself off every 6mins....

ok ive just signed up to this site as everywhere else i ask for help no
one seems to help.

anyways, last night i was using my laptop and it suddenly turned off,
well a blue screen came on (it says nothing on the blue screen, its just
blank), then the blue screen dissapears and the computer restarts
itself.

it then ask to either start to computer normally, use safe mode, use
safe mode with networking (which im currently using) and then safe mode
with command promt.

at first i just started the laptop on the normal mode thinking it was a
one off, then the same thing happened after about 6.30mins maybe a
little more, it restarted again, i tried normal start up and the same
thing happened after near enough the exact same amount of time, so ive
used safe mode with networking and its working fine.

ive tried system restore from before when it started happening and
thats not helped, i eventually managed to update windows but that didnt
help so im pretty much stuck for what to do. i would start the whole
thing again but i didnt get the vista cd with my laptop (got it from PC
World, in the UK) and i really want to save my photos (just been to New
York and have New Zealand pics on there aswell). is there any way i
could save these or is there anyway just to get my laptop running
normally.

many thanks in advance.

--
mat885
barman58

Re: Laptop turning itself off every 6mins....

Hello mat885, and welcome to the vista forums arty:

First thing is to concentrate on your Photos you should be able to
access any cd writer, or USB stick or external hard drive from within
safe mode, and so should be able to save your files.

once you have completed this you can try a system file check

'System Files - SFC Command - Vista Forums'
(http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66...0Maintena nce)

if that does not work you may want to perform a repair install

'Repair Install For Vista '
(http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88...all-vista.html)

as you don't have a vista DVD you will need the following disk to
perform a repair install

'Create a Recovery Disc - Vista Forums'
(http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/14...very-disc.html)

Hope this helps, any further help post back and will try to help

--
barman58

Regards,
*Nigel*
the beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not
understand.,- frank herbert