HOTFIX: Windows Calendar has stopped working

Nigel Molesworth

HOTFIX: Windows Calendar has stopped working
It seems MS are now aware of this problem, see:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933942/en-us

I've asked for the hotfix, but I'll be very annoyed if they start my
support countdown for this call.

--
Nigel M
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: HOTFIX: Windows Calendar has stopped working
No, hotfixes are free for all legitimate Windows.
Hotfixes do not affect your "support countdown".

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Nigel Molesworth" <reply@thegroup.com> wrote in message
> It seems MS are now aware of this problem, see:
>

> I've asked for the hotfix, but I'll be very annoyed if they start my
> support countdown for this call.
>
> --
> Nigel M

Rock

Re: HOTFIX: Windows Calendar has stopped working
"Nigel Molesworth" <reply@thegroup.com> wrote

> It seems MS are now aware of this problem, see:
>
> I've asked for the hotfix, but I'll be very annoyed if they start my
> support countdown for this call.

Hotfixes are available to all, whether OEM or retail, at no charge so it
doesn't affect the retail versions support countdown.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Per

Re: HOTFIX: Windows Calendar has stopped working
I have this problem also. How do you ask for the hotfix? Why wont they just
let you download it?

Nigel Molesworth

On Wed, 4 Apr 2007 23:09:33 +0200, "Per" <no@tak.dk> wrote:

>How do you ask for the hotfix? Why wont they just let you download it?

The hot fix for your issue has been packaged and placed on an HTTP
site for you to download.

WARNING: This fix is not publicly available through the Microsoft
website as it has not gone through full Microsoft regression testing.
If you would like confirmation that this fix is designed to address
your specific problem, or if you would like to confirm whether there
are any special compatibility or installation issues associated with
this fix, you are encouraged to speak to a Support Professional in
Product Support Services.

The package is password protected so be sure to enter the appropriate
password for each package. To ensure the right password is provided
cut and paste the password from this mail.

NOTE: Passwords expire every 7 days so download the package within
that period to insure you can extract the files. If you receive two
passwords it means you are receiving the fix during a password change
cycle. Use the second password if you download after the indicated
password change date.

Package:
KB Article Number(s): 933942
Language: All (Global)
Platform: x64
Location:
(http://hotfixv4.microsoft.com/Window...tl_x64_zip.exe)
Password: JZ[#Qid
KB Article Number(s): 933942
Language: All (Global)
Platform: i386
Location:
(http://hotfixv4.microsoft.com/Window...l_i386_zip.exe)
Password: N-IG2IjR

NOTE: Be sure to include all text between '(' and ')' when navigating
to this hot fix location!

--
Nigel M
Nigel Molesworth

Re: HOTFIX: Windows Calendar has stopped working
On Wed, 04 Apr 2007 22:27:02 +0100, Nigel Molesworth
<reply@thegroup.com> wrote:

>The hot fix for your issue has been packaged and placed on an HTTP
>site for you to download.

More info:

ACTION PLAN:
Step 1:
I had already sent the hot fix in an email which you requested and try
installing that fix and see how it works or try the next step.
Step 2:
There should be a spare copy of WinCal.exe in:
Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-calendar_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6000.16386_none_8eb9 f1cf61dcab82
Copy and paste it into: Program Files\Windows Calendar and see if that
fixes things. (Sfc /scannow should also help)
--
Nigel M
Per

Re: HOTFIX: Windows Calendar has stopped working
My problems with Windows Calander are gone!!! Thank you so much!
-Draino-

Re: HOTFIX: Windows Calendar has stopped working
You can download all hotfixes here:
http://hotfix.xable.net/download/ind...Neutral/Vista/

Have Fun

"Per" <no@tak.dk> wrote in message
>I have this problem also. How do you ask for the hotfix? Why wont they just
>let you download it?

jon@inframes.co.uk

Re: HOTFIX: Windows Calendar has stopped working
Hi there,
I have the exact same problem - please can the hotfix be issued with a
new password?
Thanks

Julian

<jon@inframes.co.uk> wrote in message
news:1178007771.321312.268620@l77g2000hsb.googlegr oups.com...
> Hi there,
> I have the exact same problem - please can the hotfix be issued with a
> new password?
> Thanks

You have to contact Microsoft for hotfixes who'll
send it to you directly with a password good for a week or so.