Entire Windows Desktop screen has shrunk!

=?Utf-8?B?Y29tcHV0ZXJpbGxpdGVyYXRl?=

Entire Windows Desktop screen has shrunk!
Hi. Sorry if this is not the correct forum. I have a Sony Vaio and ust
upgraded to Windows Vista Basic edition a few days ago, and today when I
logged into my computer, my entire desktop screen is tiny, centered in the
middle of my monitor, and surrounded by black space. I can't seem to find
any way to change the screen size; does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks
in advance!
mikeyhsd

Re: Entire Windows Desktop screen has shrunk!
check your resolution and change it to your monitor default.

mikeyhsd@comcast.net

"computerilliterate" <computerilliterate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71A2D0ED-A952-45B2-B14D-95ED94EC127B@microsoft.com...
Hi. Sorry if this is not the correct forum. I have a Sony Vaio and ust
upgraded to Windows Vista Basic edition a few days ago, and today when I
logged into my computer, my entire desktop screen is tiny, centered in the
middle of my monitor, and surrounded by black space. I can't seem to find
any way to change the screen size; does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks
in advance!
Confused

RE: Entire Windows Desktop screen has shrunk!
This has happened to me to. I changed the resolution and the desktop got a
bit bigger but still has approx 4 cm of black at each side. I too have a sony
vaio upgraded. Does anyone out there know what I can do to have full screen
mode???
--
CC

"computerilliterate" wrote:

> Hi. Sorry if this is not the correct forum. I have a Sony Vaio and ust
> upgraded to Windows Vista Basic edition a few days ago, and today when I
> logged into my computer, my entire desktop screen is tiny, centered in the
> middle of my monitor, and surrounded by black space. I can't seem to find
> any way to change the screen size; does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks
> in advance!

benfield

Re: Entire Windows Desktop screen has shrunk!
Is this a desktop or laptop?

Is it an LCD or CRT?

Press the windows key, type personalize, enter
Go to display sttings and then adjust the display resolution to the highest.

Ben

"Confused" <Confused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This has happened to me to. I changed the resolution and the desktop got a
> bit bigger but still has approx 4 cm of black at each side. I too have a
> sony
> vaio upgraded. Does anyone out there know what I can do to have full
> screen
> mode???
> --
> CC
>

> "computerilliterate" wrote:
>
>> Hi. Sorry if this is not the correct forum. I have a Sony Vaio and ust
>> upgraded to Windows Vista Basic edition a few days ago, and today when I
>> logged into my computer, my entire desktop screen is tiny, centered in
>> the
>> middle of my monitor, and surrounded by black space. I can't seem to
>> find
>> any way to change the screen size; does anyone know how to fix this?
>> Thanks
>> in advance!

Confused

Re: Entire Windows Desktop screen has shrunk!
Desk top, LCD. Have already got the resolution at the highest.
Anymore ideas anyone?
--
CC

"benfield" wrote:

> Is this a desktop or laptop?
>
> Is it an LCD or CRT?
>
> Press the windows key, type personalize, enter
> Go to display sttings and then adjust the display resolution to the highest.
>
> Ben
>
> "Confused" <Confused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > This has happened to me to. I changed the resolution and the desktop got a
> > bit bigger but still has approx 4 cm of black at each side. I too have a
> > sony
> > vaio upgraded. Does anyone out there know what I can do to have full
> > screen
> > mode???
> > --
> > CC
> >

> > "computerilliterate" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi. Sorry if this is not the correct forum. I have a Sony Vaio and ust
> >> upgraded to Windows Vista Basic edition a few days ago, and today when I
> >> logged into my computer, my entire desktop screen is tiny, centered in
> >> the
> >> middle of my monitor, and surrounded by black space. I can't seem to
> >> find
> >> any way to change the screen size; does anyone know how to fix this?
> >> Thanks
> >> in advance!

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Entire Windows Desktop screen has shrunk!
Use the monitor controls to fill the screen?

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Charlie Tame

Confused wrote:
> Desk top, LCD. Have already got the resolution at the highest.
> Anymore ideas anyone?

LCD displays have a "Native" resolution. If the setting you have is
wrong then it may simply be reducing the size to match the number of
pixels it has. This bears no relationship at all to what your video
display can provide. If your monitor is 1024 X 768 then half that or
double that should be clear but other sizes may be fuzzy since it's not
possible to illuminate (say) half a pixel.