Where is block sender

news.microsoft.com

Where is block sender
Where is block sender in MS mail&news? How are Usenet trolls blocked?
Cheri

Re: Where is block sender
"news.microsoft.com" <anon@anon.net> wrote in message
> Where is block sender in MS mail&news? How are Usenet trolls blocked?

Under tools, click message rules and create the rules there.

Cheri

Rick Rogers

Re: Where is block sender
Hi,

Message/Junk Mail/Add sender to blocked senders list

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"news.microsoft.com" <anon@anon.net> wrote in message
> Where is block sender in MS mail&news? How are Usenet trolls blocked?

Alex Clayton

Re: Where is block sender
"news.microsoft.com" <anon@anon.net> wrote in message
> Where is block sender in MS mail&news? How are Usenet trolls blocked?

Are you using Vista/ Vista Mail? If so I use the message/ junk E-mail, then
block sender. The problem is a LOT of the trolls here constantly change
their header to get around it. Desperate cry for attention I guess? <shrug>
--
25% graduate functional illiterates. We should remove the warning labels
from everything and let nature take care of the problem.

Peter Weisbach

DDW

Re: Where is block sender
On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 18:28:20 -0500, "news.microsoft.com"
<anon@anon.net> wrote:

>Where is block sender in MS mail&news? How are Usenet trolls blocked?

You couldn't find two Saint Bernards if they were in the same
telephone booth with you.

DDW
No email please
CWLee

Re: What's a Telephone Booth?

"DDW" <dd.wright@KILLSPAMcomcast.net> wrote

> You couldn't find two Saint Bernards if they were in the
> same
> telephone booth with you.

Good response, and I bet over half the people on the
internet don't know what a telephone booth is. I haven't
seen one in the greater Los Angeles area for decades. Here,
public phones just hang on building walls, with no
surrounding walls or door.

news.microsoft.com

Re: Where is block sender

"Cheri" <cherig3@newsguy.com> wrote in message
> "news.microsoft.com" <anon@anon.net> wrote in message
>> Where is block sender in MS mail&news? How are Usenet trolls blocked?

> Under tools, click message rules and create the rules there.

I have no idea how to create rules. I'm not a software writer. How is it
done?

> Cheri

news.microsoft.com

Re: Where is block sender

> Hi,
>
> Message/Junk Mail/Add sender to blocked senders list

Thanks, I'll try that and see if it works as well as block sender did in OE.
I don't want to block email, just Usenet trolls.

"Alex Clayton" <alexx1400@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "news.microsoft.com" <anon@anon.net> wrote in message
>> Where is block sender in MS mail&news? How are Usenet trolls blocked?
>>

> Are you using Vista/ Vista Mail? If so I use the message/ junk E-mail,
> then block sender. The problem is a LOT of the trolls here constantly
> change their header to get around it. Desperate cry for attention I guess?
> <shrug>
> --
> 25% graduate functional illiterates. We should remove the warning labels
> from everything and let nature take care of the problem.
>
> Peter Weisbach

It's called Windows Mail. This is a Vista 32bit PC. It should work so
thanks to everyone who replied.

> "Cheri" <cherig3@newsguy.com> wrote in message
>> "news.microsoft.com" <anon@anon.net> wrote in message
>>> Where is block sender in MS mail&news? How are Usenet trolls blocked?

>> Under tools, click message rules and create the rules there.

> I have no idea how to create rules. I'm not a software writer. How is it
> done?

In Windows Mail, click on tools, next to "message rules" there is an arrow >
When you click the arrow it will give you an option to make rules for mail
and newsgroups. How to create the rules is self explanatory once you get
there, click on "new" and there are many choices to choose from, from
highlighting with color to deleting before reading. I'm not really sure if
this is what you're asking though?

Cheri