buffering / streaming problem can not watch a video

havstar

buffering / streaming problem can not watch a video

Hi, I'm having a terrible time with streaming or buffering. I used to
not have this problem but now I can't watch any video for more than
maybe 5 seconds. It is a real pain in the tush! I have looked
everywhere and searched for solutions but can't find any. Is this just
a Vista issue? I'm thinking about reinstalling it all over again. I am
at my last nerve with this and hoping someone can help me. I am also
only a basic computer person so please tell me in terms I can understand
on what to try to fix. Thanks for any help!

--
havstar
DDW

Re: buffering / streaming problem can not watch a video
On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 11:17:09 -0500, havstar <guest@unknown-email.com>
wrote:

>Hi, I'm having a terrible time with streaming or buffering. I used to
>not have this problem but now I can't watch any video for more than
>maybe 5 seconds. It is a real pain in the tush! I have looked
>everywhere and searched for solutions but can't find any. Is this just
>a Vista issue?

Absolutely not. It's an issue with your computer and/or your internet
connection.

>I'm thinking about reinstalling it all over again. I am
>at my last nerve with this and hoping someone can help me. I am also
>only a basic computer person so please tell me in terms I can understand
>on what to try to fix. Thanks for any help!

You haven't provided one iota of information about your system or your
Internet connection. How can anyone help???

http://dts-l.com/goodpost.htm

DDW
No email please
Fuchsy

Re: buffering / streaming problem can not watch a video

Hello,

I think I understand and have a similar problem as Havstar. I do
believe it IS a Vista problem/setting.
I have one laptop running XP professional, and a desktop running Vista
Ultimate 32bit. Both are wireless connected to the same router. On the
same network (wired) is also my Dreambox (satellite receiver.) With the
dreambox I can stream video to or from another device to record/watch.

When I stream to the XP running Laptop, I don't have any problem, the
video stream is continous during whole movie, without any interruption.
Also streaming it back to the dreambox works without any problem.

When I now try to stream to the Vista Desktop (same settings in the
Dreambox, using the same software on both computers: VLC media player
0.8.6i) the stream doesn't come trough regular. Sometimes 10 sec without
interruption, more often is the interruption longer than the stream is
received. Streaming back to the dreambox gives the same problem.

Also streaming from Laptop to PC or PC to Laptop --> same problem.

I already tried lot of things, but nothing seems to work. Switch off
firewall and virusscan, close all other applications that use the
network. I read some things here on the forum what I tried, without any
result.

Hope some one can help

Thx

--
Fuchsy
havstar

Re: buffering / streaming problem can not watch a video

It is a crazy an irritating thing. I have tried using firefox,
uninstall and reinstalling adobe but it still does not work. I now have
my windows media player working but not online like utube. It still is
buffering after a few seconds..grrrr. I wish I could go back to
XP. If anyone else out there has a fix please, please help me.

Thanks for the reply

--
havstar
georgepeacock

"havstar" wrote:

> It is a crazy an irritating thing. I have tried using firefox,
> uninstall and reinstalling adobe but it still does not work. I now have
> my windows media player working but not online like utube. It still is
> buffering after a few seconds..grrrr. I wish I could go back to
> XP. If anyone else out there has a fix please, please help me.
>
> Thanks for the reply
>

> --
> havstar

i have a similar problem to you.
ive just got a new computer in the last few days with vista home 32bit
i didnt set it up myself because im pretty useless with computers, a
computer technician who built the computer did it for me.
i first noticed the problem when downloading itunes and avg antivirus.
when downloading it would get to about 40% and then freeze without showing
any signs of continuing. i left it for an hour or so and it remained at the
same %. i tried this over and over turning firewall on and off making new
user accounts etc and nothing worked. i managed to download firefox and then
proceded to pause and continue the download over and over and it eventually
completed. but it still streams about half of videos and then pauses
indefinitely. its driving me up the wall.
medina30

Re: buffering / streaming problem can not watch a video

Hello,
I have the same problem as everyone. I can't watch any movies or
videos. I owned Windows Vista for the past year but this problem started
about a month ago.
If anyone has a solution please help.

--
medina30
camarors

Re: buffering / streaming problem can not watch a video

I have the exact same problem and Dell isn't helping me! Is it Vista? I
bought a new Dell XPS M1330 laptop in August and have never been able to
watch videos online. NOthing works (instant play Netflix, downloading
things like Yahoo Messenger, video clips on CNN), nothing!

What does Microsoft say? I went on their web site for Vista support
and they want me to pay $60 to get support. That's ridiculous if this
is a problem Microsoft created!

Any help appreciated!

--
camarors

LEARNER is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: buffering / streaming problem can not watch a video
Quote:
Originally Posted by havstar View Post
Hi, I'm having a terrible time with streaming or buffering. I used to
not have this problem but now I can't watch any video for more than
maybe 5 seconds. It is a real pain in the tush! I have looked
everywhere and searched for solutions but can't find any. Is this just
a Vista issue? I'm thinking about reinstalling it all over again. I am
at my last nerve with this and hoping someone can help me. I am also
only a basic computer person so please tell me in terms I can understand
on what to try to fix. Thanks for any help!

--
havstar
I am having the same problem with streaming video. things that I have tried and do not work are 1 creating an exception in your firewall to allow the program to work, If you have anti virus also allow theprogram to go through,you can try to right click the viewing screen and click other options to see if the programis allowed. as you i am not and expert but only tring to helpi am trying to pla the news site at bloomberg.com and it wont work, I can get it ok onmy xp computer but not on vista. Ive heard that the vista security might be the problem. This is all i have to ad at this time. let me know if you have any luck. lets stay in touch . joe
Lbishop1213

Re: buffering / streaming problem can not watch a video

I am having the same problem!!! But, I can watch youtube and stuff. It
is not my connection (I don't think) my download speed is 16mbps. I am
on vista 32. I am trying to watch a video for class and I go to open
it....it says buffering, even play but the screen is black, no sound.
But, my internet goes to limited connectivity. I am about to scream.
Sony sends me to Microsoft, Microsoft to Sony. It is also not the site
because it works on another computer.

--
Lbishop1213
Lbishop1213

DDW;872126 Wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 11:17:09 -0500, havstar <guest@xxxxxx-email.com>
> wrote:
> > > >

> > >Hi, I'm having a terrible time with streaming or buffering. I used to
> > >not have this problem but now I can't watch any video for more than
> > >maybe 5 seconds. It is a real pain in the tush! I have looked
> > >everywhere and searched for solutions but can't find any. Is this just
> > >a Vista issue? > >

> Absolutely not. It's an issue with your computer and/or your internet
> connection.
> > > >
> > >I'm thinking about reinstalling it all over again. I am
> > >at my last nerve with this and hoping someone can help me. I am also
> > >only a basic computer person so please tell me in terms I can

> > understand
> > >on what to try to fix. Thanks for any help! > >

> You haven't provided one iota of information about your system or
> your
> Internet connection. How can anyone help???
>
> 'Microsoft MVPs Desktop Systems dts-l* mail list'
> (http://dts-l.com/goodpost.htm)
>

> DDW
> No email please

Im sorry, I am new to this. Ok, my internet speed downloads at 16 mbps
I am on vista32. I do not know what information is needed

--
Lbishop1213