Crash Dumps like crazy!

Jsh1284

Crash Dumps like crazy!

Well, I am having some VERY annoying issues with this computer,
seemingly for no reason. It was running fine but lately I've been
getting hit with Crash Dump after Crash Dump. Usually it's when I'm
watching TV on my tuner card, playing a game, or using Windows Media
Player .. so I thought it was an issue with my Video Card ... however it
just started hitting me while simply browsing the web. This happened
just moments ago. Can anyone help me figure out what's causing this?
I'll start by posting the Windows "Problem Report" for my last memory
dump and hope you good ppl can come up with something:

--
Jsh1284

"Music and movies are more about the memories they create than anything
else."
Rick Rogers

Re: Crash Dumps like crazy!
Hi,

Can you send the following file to me at rick_at_mvps_dot_org using a
subject line of 'per req'? It may contain information to help diagnose the
problem:

C:\Windows\minidump\Mini102408-03.dmp

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Jsh1284" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Well, I am having some VERY annoying issues with this computer,
> seemingly for no reason. It was running fine but lately I've been
> getting hit with Crash Dump after Crash Dump. Usually it's when I'm
> watching TV on my tuner card, playing a game, or using Windows Media
> Player .. so I thought it was an issue with my Video Card ... however it
> just started hitting me while simply browsing the web. This happened
> just moments ago. Can anyone help me figure out what's causing this?
> I'll start by posting the Windows "Problem Report" for my last memory
> dump and hope you good ppl can come up with something:
>
>> Problem signature
>> Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
>> OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
>> Locale ID: 1033
>>
>> Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be
>> available)
>> Mini102408-03.dmp
>> sysdata.xml
>> Version.txt
>>
>> View a temporary copy of these files
>> Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem,
>> opening a copy of the files could harm your computer.
>>
>> Extra information about the problem
>> BCCode: 3b
>> BCP1: 00000000C000001D
>> BCP2: FFFFF80001AD49DA
>> BCP3: FFFFFA6006E1A130
>> BCP4: 0000000000000000
>> OS Version: 6_0_6001
>> Service Pack: 1_0
>> Product: 256_1
>> Server information: 87f71010-0673-49e2-8b3e-22cec282f242 Also, here's
>> the one right before this one above:

>> Problem signature
>> Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
>> OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
>> Locale ID: 1033
>>
>> Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be
>> available)
>> Mini102408-02.dmp
>> sysdata.xml
>> Version.txt
>>
>> View a temporary copy of these files
>> Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem,
>> opening a copy of the files could harm your computer.
>>
>> Extra information about the problem
>> BCCode: d1
>> BCP1: 00000015BAC1F494
>> BCP2: 0000000000000002
>> BCP3: 0000000000000001
>> BCP4: FFFFFA6003311340
>> OS Version: 6_0_6001
>> Service Pack: 1_0
>> Product: 256_1
>> Server information: dd9a39a9-45a8-4aad-8bc2-a4c8bf8849ee
>>

> --
> Jsh1284
>
> "Music and movies are more about the memories they create than anything
> else."

Jsh1284

Re: Crash Dumps like crazy!

Sorry to double post, but I have somewhat narrowed down the problem.
Apparently it's giving me a DirectX error. I don't have the exact error
code handy though although it said something to the extent of "DXkrnel"
error. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have the latest Geforce
drivers and the newest version of DirectX installed. This is getting
very frustrating.

--
Jsh1284

"Music and movies are more about the memories they create. You're more
likely to remember the personal relationships than anything else"
Jsh1284

Re: Crash Dumps like crazy!

Well I fixed the problem, and it wasn't the video. For some odd reason,
my CPU's Voltage had been decreased below it's min requirements. I
bumped it up a bit and now my computer is running absolutely great.

--
Jsh1284

"Music and movies are more about the memories they create. You're more
likely to remember the personal relationships than anything else"

bluemeany2003 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Crash Dumps like crazy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsh1284 View Post
Well I fixed the problem, and it wasn't the video. For some odd reason,
my CPU's Voltage had been decreased below it's min requirements. I
bumped it up a bit and now my computer is running absolutely great.

--
Jsh1284

"Music and movies are more about the memories they create. You're more
likely to remember the personal relationships than anything else"
Jsh1284

How did you fix the CPU Voltage. I just bought a 1500 dollar Toshiba, and am having the same error.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,