Giving names to new Folders problem

Lucske

Giving names to new Folders problem

Hi,

I'm having troubles giving a name to new folders on my harddrive.
When i right-click and select "new folder" i do get that but when i
give it a new name and press enter i get an error and it's still called
"New Folder" ...
Also when i try to change the name later, it won't let me ...
Anyone any idea's ?
I'm working with Vista Ultimate (dutch version).
All updates are installed except SP1 because it won't install here to
Tryed by using windows-update site and by downloading it manualy and
installing it from the harddisk. Nothing worked..
Anyone any idea about that ?

Thanks for your time and interrest,

Lucske
Belgium

--
Lucske
Lucske's Profile: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/member.php?userid=719

Brink

Re: Giving names to new Folders problem

Hello Lucske,

This tutorial may be able to help you fix the New Folder so that you
can rename them again.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/69837-new-folder.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*'
(http://www.vistax64.com)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Lucske

Re: Giving names to new Folders problem

Hi Brink,

Thank you very much !
This fixed the problem 100% !!

Lucske

--
Lucske
Lucske's Profile: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/member.php?userid=719
View this thread: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24846

Brink

Re: Giving names to new Folders problem

Your welcome Lucske.

Shawn

Lucske;868406 Wrote:
> Hi Brink,
>
> Thank you very much !
> This fixed the problem 100% !!
>
> Lucske
>

> --
> Lucske
> Lucske's Profile: 'Windows Vista Help Forum - View Profile: Lucske'
> (http://winvistaclub.com/forum/member.php?userid=719)
> View this thread: 'Giving names to new Folders problem - Windows Vista
> Help Forum' (http://winvistaclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24846)

--
Brink

them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*'
(http://www.vistax64.com)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
DDW

Re: Giving names to new Folders problem
On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 23:31:22 -0500, Brink <guest@unknown-email.com>
wrote:

>Your welcome Lucske.
>
>Shawn

You could benefit from reading the following article, Shawn:

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/aus/111508160.html

DDW
No email please
Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP

Re: Giving names to new Folders problem
Fix: Unable to rename or move folders in Windows Vista - The Winhelponline
Blog:
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/un...windows-vista/

--
Regards,