Windows Easy Transfer problem

Jsv

Windows Easy Transfer problem
I have a old pc with xp home sp2 and a new notebook with vista basic .
I tried to use easy transfer by network but I got a error message " Two pc's
language are
not compatible and the transmission can't be initiated " after inputting
the key .
My two computers are setted to same location and language . I don't know
why this problem happened ?

Thanks .

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Windows Easy Transfer problem
"Jsv" <somepeople@take.com> wrote in message
>I have a old pc with xp home sp2 and a new notebook with vista basic .
> I tried to use easy transfer by network but I got a error message " Two
> pc's
> language are
> not compatible and the transmission can't be initiated " after inputting
> the key .
> My two computers are setted to same location and language . I don't know
> why this problem happened ?
>

> Thanks .

You might want to look at this..

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...-transfer.aspx

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

Jsv

Re: Windows Easy Transfer problem
Thanks ,but that didn't give me any useful information .

"Mike Hall - MVP" <mikehall@remove_mvps.com> ???
news:OHYVWG6MJHA.5168@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl ???...
> "Jsv" <somepeople@take.com> wrote in message
> >I have a old pc with xp home sp2 and a new notebook with vista basic .
> > I tried to use easy transfer by network but I got a error message " Two
> > pc's
> > language are
> > not compatible and the transmission can't be initiated " after

inputting
> > the key .
> > My two computers are setted to same location and language . I don't

know
> > why this problem happened ?
> >

> > Thanks .
> >

> You might want to look at this..
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...-transfer.aspx
>

> --
> Mike Hall - MVP
> How to construct a good post..
> http://dts-l.com/goodpost.htm
> How to use the Microsoft Product Support Newsgroups..
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...help&style=toc
> Mike's Window - My Blog..

Mick Murphy

Re: Windows Easy Transfer problem
Then you are a completely helpless moron. It gave you
a METHOD that would DO what you WANT to do!
--
Mad Mike

"Jsv" wrote:

>Thanks ,but that didn't give me any useful information .
>
>"Mike Hall - MVP" <mikehall@remove_mvps.com> ???
>news:OHYVWG6MJHA.5168@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl ???...
>> "Jsv" <somepeople@take.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a old pc with xp home sp2 and a new notebook with vista basic .
>> > I tried to use easy transfer by network but I got a error message " Two
>> > pc's
>> > language are
>> > not compatible and the transmission can't be initiated " after

>inputting
>> > the key .
>> > My two computers are setted to same location and language . I don't

>know
>> > why this problem happened ?
>> >

>> > Thanks .
>> >

>> You might want to look at this..
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...-transfer.aspx
>>

>> --
>> Mike Hall - MVP
>> How to construct a good post..
>> http://dts-l.com/goodpost.htm
>> How to use the Microsoft Product Support Newsgroups..
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default...help&style=toc
>> Mike's Window - My Blog..
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/default.aspx

Jsv

Re: Windows Easy Transfer problem
You didn't understand what I said . I mean I want to know how to fix this
problem and I just want to use easy transfer by network directly .

"Mick Murphy" <MickMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> ???
news:s97gg4p2mg56ptgtk0n7q3ddnu8npjcipg@4ax.com ???...
> Then you are a completely helpless moron. It gave you
> a METHOD that would DO what you WANT to do!
> --
> Mad Mike
>
> "Jsv" wrote:
>
> >Thanks ,but that didn't give me any useful information .
> >
> >"Mike Hall - MVP" <mikehall@remove_mvps.com> ???
> >news:OHYVWG6MJHA.5168@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl ???...
> >> "Jsv" <somepeople@take.com> wrote in message

..