Vista TweakVi WARNING!!!!!!!!!

news.microsoft.com

Vista TweakVi WARNING!!!!!!!!!
Do not pay attention to those who recommend this crap software. I
uninstalled it and the icons cannot be removed from the desktop! I can
neither drag and drop them in the recycle bin nor right-click them and
delete. Why the hell are the MVPs recommending something like this to
people?

Gordon

Re: Vista TweakVi WARNING!!!!!!!!!
"news.microsoft.com" <none@nospam.net> wrote in message
> Do not pay attention to those who recommend this crap software. I
> uninstalled it and the icons cannot be removed from the desktop! I can
> neither drag and drop them in the recycle bin nor right-click them and
> delete. Why the hell are the MVPs recommending something like this to
> people?

May I suggest that with all the (self-inflicted in the main) problems you
are having that you pack up your new Vista machine in the box in which it
arrived, take it back to the shop and ask the nice man there whether he will
exchange it for either a Gameboy or an Abacus?

news.microsoft.com

Re: Vista TweakVi WARNING!!!!!!!!!

"Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote in message
> "news.microsoft.com" <none@nospam.net> wrote in message
>> Do not pay attention to those who recommend this crap software. I
>> uninstalled it and the icons cannot be removed from the desktop! I can
>> neither drag and drop them in the recycle bin nor right-click them and
>> delete. Why the hell are the MVPs recommending something like this to
>> people?

> May I suggest that with all the (self-inflicted in the main) problems you
> are having that you pack up your new Vista machine in the box in which it
> arrived, take it back to the shop and ask the nice man there whether he
> will exchange it for either a Gameboy or an Abacus?

May I suggest some helpful information and answers rather than mindless
juvenile comments? Why not explain how to remove the shortcuts TweakVI
leaves on the desktop that can't be removed?

Paul Montgomery

Re: Vista TweakVi WARNING!!!!!!!!!
On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 02:25:22 -0500, "news.microsoft.com"
<none@nospam.net> wrote:

>Do not pay attention to those who recommend this crap software. I
>uninstalled it and the icons cannot be removed from the desktop! I can
>neither drag and drop them in the recycle bin nor right-click them and
>delete. Why the hell are the MVPs recommending something like this to
>people?

You've finally established yourself as Moron Of The Year.
Congratulations.
Ubuntista Vistuntu

Re: Vista TweakVi WARNING!!!!!!!!!
download and install a program called unlocker (google it)
install only the send to shortcut and not the assistant or shell extension.

after installing right click on the icon you want to delete and select SEND
TO> UNLOCKER

then from the drop down box on the bottom left select DELETE and press
unlock all

"news.microsoft.com" <anon@anon.net> wrote in message

> "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote in message
>> "news.microsoft.com" <none@nospam.net> wrote in message
>>> Do not pay attention to those who recommend this crap software. I
>>> uninstalled it and the icons cannot be removed from the desktop! I can
>>> neither drag and drop them in the recycle bin nor right-click them and
>>> delete. Why the hell are the MVPs recommending something like this to
>>> people?

>> May I suggest that with all the (self-inflicted in the main) problems you
>> are having that you pack up your new Vista machine in the box in which it
>> arrived, take it back to the shop and ask the nice man there whether he
>> will exchange it for either a Gameboy or an Abacus?

> May I suggest some helpful information and answers rather than mindless
> juvenile comments? Why not explain how to remove the shortcuts TweakVI
> leaves on the desktop that can't be removed?

Mr. Arnold

RE: Vista TweakVi WARNING!!!!!!!!!
Are you for real!

"news.microsoft.com" wrote:

> Do not pay attention to those who recommend this crap software. I
> uninstalled it and the icons cannot be removed from the desktop! I can
> neither drag and drop them in the recycle bin nor right-click them and
> delete. Why the hell are the MVPs recommending something like this to
> people?

Paul Montgomery

Re: Vista TweakVi WARNING!!!!!!!!!
Paul Montgomery wrote:
> <http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killfile/anti_troll_faq.htm>
>
> Subject: 4.5 Personal attacks on individuals and groups.
>
> Selected individuals are subjected to quite vicious
> personal attacks throughout usenet. Examples are: "X#$
> X#$!" "is a X$#" "is a X$#!" "is a
> X$x" "in X$#" "is
> a X$X" "is a X#$" "is a V$X just
> like X$#" "X#$"
> "Sexually harassed by" "X#$" "X#$
> PARTY" "X$#" "hated
> wherever he goes!" "X#$
>
> As will be seen several of these are libelous, and
> thus illegal
>
> Groups such as the regular posters are attacked similarly,
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Subject: 4.6 Forgeries
>
> They regularly forge the identities of posters who they do
> not like. This can vary from badly spelled versions of
> their name and/or email address, to forgeries which the
> average reader would not be able to detect.
>
> At times this can reach a bizarre condition where they
> troll using a forged identity at a Breidbart Index of well
> over 20. They then at every opportunity call the victim a
> troll.
>
> Larting the offender is often effective because ISPs recognise
> the seriousness of this offence.
>
> Where Forgery is done via an anonymous remailer complaints
> to abuse@thelastremailerinthechain may well be effective.
> The remailers administrators do not like their facilities
> being misused, and have ways of combatting this. It is
> also worth registering with
> http://www.paracrypt.com/remailerabuse/

Paul Montgomery

Re: Vista TweakVi WARNING!!!!!!!!!

Paul Montgomery wrote:
> <http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killfile/anti_troll_faq.htm>
>
> Subject: 4.5 Personal attacks on individuals and groups.
>
> Selected individuals are subjected to quite vicious
> personal attacks throughout usenet. Examples are: "X#$
> X#$!" "is a X$#" "is a X$#!" "is a
> X$x" "in X$#" "is
> a X$X" "is a X#$" "is a V$X just
> like X$#" "X#$"
> "Sexually harassed by" "X#$" "X#$
> PARTY" "X$#" "hated
> wherever he goes!" "X#$
>
> As will be seen several of these are libelous, and
> thus illegal
>
> Groups such as the regular posters are attacked similarly,
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Subject: 4.6 Forgeries
>
> They regularly forge the identities of posters who they do
> not like. This can vary from badly spelled versions of
> their name and/or email address, to forgeries which the
> average reader would not be able to detect.
>
> At times this can reach a bizarre condition where they
> troll using a forged identity at a Breidbart Index of well
> over 20. They then at every opportunity call the victim a
> troll.
>
> Larting the offender is often effective because ISPs recognise
> the seriousness of this offence.
>
> Where Forgery is done via an anonymous remailer complaints
> to abuse@thelastremailerinthechain may well be effective.
> The remailers administrators do not like their facilities
> being misused, and have ways of combatting this. It is
> also worth registering with
> http://www.paracrypt.com/remailerabuse/

Leonard Grey

Re: Vista TweakVi WARNING!!!!!!!!!
Hey, short cu*t
How you doing Chicken Little.
About time I get right up your nose!

You spoof me all the time, you parasite.
You're "The Bored Spoofer"
I'm waiting for you, and so are the others.
You have nowhere to hide.
--
---
Leonard Grey