1. Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button , clicking All Programs,
and then clicking Windows Update.
2. In the left pane, click View update history.
3. Find the update for Windows that has failed to install, and then
double-click the update to view more information.
Updates that have failed to install will display Failed under Status, next
to the update name.
4. In the Windows Update dialog box, next to Error details, review the error
code for the failed update.
5. Either follow the links in the Windows Update dialog box under More
Information or Help and Support to try to fix the problem, and then try
installing updates again by using Windows Update in Control Panel or post to
the Windows Update Newsgroup with the error code so perhaps someone may be
able to assist further.
FYI - Windows Update newsgroup:
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties or
guarantees and doesn't give any rights.
Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
"bebe" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote in message
> My computer is trying to install one of the vista update (KB938371) from
> 5/15/08 and fail during the installation....it succeed installing all the
> other update before and after this one but can do this one...what shoudl i