Dell Support Center is Corrupted

e0d0d

Dell Support Center is Corrupted

So I started up my computer this morning and once I get to my desktop a
notification saying "sprtcmd.exe - corrupt file" and "The file or
directory C:/Program Files/Dell Support Center/ gs_agent is corrupt and
unreadable. Please run the Chkdsk utility."

I ran the Chkdsk utility and nothing happened even in admin mode. I am
also blocked from restoring my computer and removing/repairing Dell
Support Center.

Any ideas?

I am using a Dell XPS M1530 with Vista Ultimate if that helps

--
e0d0d
Mark H

Re: Dell Support Center is Corrupted
Uninstall the last update from Dell.

Or, sprtcmd.exe from starting on startup.
Start > Run
Type "msconfig.exe" without quotation marks.
Click OK
Go to Startup tab
Uncheck the sprtcmd box (to prevent popup).
Do not uncheck the dsca box (so DCS will continue to operate on Startup)
Click OK > Restart
After restarting, a System Configuration Utility window with message will
appear.
Check box so this message will not appear again when next restarting.

"e0d0d" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> So I started up my computer this morning and once I get to my desktop a
> notification saying "sprtcmd.exe - corrupt file" and "The file or
> directory C:/Program Files/Dell Support Center/ gs_agent is corrupt and
> unreadable. Please run the Chkdsk utility."
>
> I ran the Chkdsk utility and nothing happened even in admin mode. I am
> also blocked from restoring my computer and removing/repairing Dell
> Support Center.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> I am using a Dell XPS M1530 with Vista Ultimate if that helps
>

> --
> e0d0d

Richard Urban

Re: Dell Support Center is Corrupted
What did Dell say?

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

"e0d0d" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> So I started up my computer this morning and once I get to my desktop a
> notification saying "sprtcmd.exe - corrupt file" and "The file or
> directory C:/Program Files/Dell Support Center/ gs_agent is corrupt and
> unreadable. Please run the Chkdsk utility."
>
> I ran the Chkdsk utility and nothing happened even in admin mode. I am
> also blocked from restoring my computer and removing/repairing Dell
> Support Center.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> I am using a Dell XPS M1530 with Vista Ultimate if that helps
>

> --
> e0d0d

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Dell Support Center is Corrupted
"e0d0d" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> So I started up my computer this morning and once I get to my desktop a
> notification saying "sprtcmd.exe - corrupt file" and "The file or
> directory C:/Program Files/Dell Support Center/ gs_agent is corrupt and
> unreadable. Please run the Chkdsk utility."
>
> I ran the Chkdsk utility and nothing happened even in admin mode. I am
> also blocked from restoring my computer and removing/repairing Dell
> Support Center.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> I am using a Dell XPS M1530 with Vista Ultimate if that helps
>

> --
> e0d0d

As far as I am aware, the Dell support center software can be uninstalled
and then you can go to the download section on the Dell support site,
download and re-install it..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

hkancyr

Re: Dell Support Center is Corrupted

'Dell Support Center'
(http://www.dell.com/content/topics/g...gen&redirect=1)

Here is where the DSC software is. Download it and reinstall it and it
should work again.

--
hkancyr

Ultimate 64 QX6700 Badaxe2 6Gigs Corsair 6400 8800GTX 768 6X 500Gig 2X
160Gig Rosewill 950watt PSU BenQ 24in LCD