The product ID did not match the product selected

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSAgVA==?=

The product ID did not match the product selected
Trying to get through with an email to MS with problems on Vista Home P. Get
the "The product ID did not match the product selected" on all options
selected. Where are you supposed to go from there, MS leaves you hanging?
New Toshiba Computer with Vista pre installed and verified. Vista problems:
Will not hiberate, just crashes
Restart hangs sometimes
Fast find stops working at startup
Very slow startup and extemely slow shutdown (hangs most of the time)
Control panel loads extremely slowly
Not fast at all for a new computer

How is Vista better than Windows 98, I don't see it?

Michael

Re: The product ID did not match the product selected
If you have an OEM vista installation then the OEM (Toshiba) provides
support, not Microsoft.
Check here for possible useful information on system problems

Control Panel
System and Maintenance
Performance Information and tools
Advanced tools (in left pane)

at the top may be performance issues that the system can detect, otherwise
look around here for problems.

Michael

"Dave T" <DaveT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Trying to get through with an email to MS with problems on Vista Home P.
> Get
> the "The product ID did not match the product selected" on all options
> selected. Where are you supposed to go from there, MS leaves you hanging?
> New Toshiba Computer with Vista pre installed and verified. Vista
> problems:
> Will not hiberate, just crashes
> Restart hangs sometimes
> Fast find stops working at startup
> Very slow startup and extemely slow shutdown (hangs most of the time)
> Control panel loads extremely slowly
> Not fast at all for a new computer
>
> How is Vista better than Windows 98, I don't see it?

DP

Re: The product ID did not match the product selected

System specs, please?
Maybe you bought an anemic computer.
Vista's working fine for me.

"Dave T" <DaveT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BA18261->
Not fast at all for a new computer

> How is Vista better than Windows 98, I don't see it?

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: The product ID did not match the product selected
Since you purchased a system with Vista pre-installed, it's likely that you
have an OEM version. All support for this version of Vista is the
responsibility of the PC manufacturer. Your product ID will show an OEM
version.

A new system definitely should not be exhibiting this many problems, right
out of the box.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Dave T" <DaveT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Trying to get through with an email to MS with problems on Vista Home P.
> Get
> the "The product ID did not match the product selected" on all options
> selected. Where are you supposed to go from there, MS leaves you hanging?
> New Toshiba Computer with Vista pre installed and verified. Vista
> problems:
> Will not hiberate, just crashes
> Restart hangs sometimes
> Fast find stops working at startup
> Very slow startup and extemely slow shutdown (hangs most of the time)
> Control panel loads extremely slowly
> Not fast at all for a new computer
>
> How is Vista better than Windows 98, I don't see it?

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSAgVA==?=

Re: The product ID did not match the product selected
Thanks all. I assumed Microsoft supported Microsoft programs. Not sure how
I am supposed to know this. Computer is an A105 4397 with the latest updates
and drivers.

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Since you purchased a system with Vista pre-installed, it's likely that you
> have an OEM version. All support for this version of Vista is the
> responsibility of the PC manufacturer. Your product ID will show an OEM
> version.
>
> A new system definitely should not be exhibiting this many problems, right
> out of the box.
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "Dave T" <DaveT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Trying to get through with an email to MS with problems on Vista Home P.
> > Get
> > the "The product ID did not match the product selected" on all options
> > selected. Where are you supposed to go from there, MS leaves you hanging?
> > New Toshiba Computer with Vista pre installed and verified. Vista
> > problems:
> > Will not hiberate, just crashes
> > Restart hangs sometimes
> > Fast find stops working at startup
> > Very slow startup and extemely slow shutdown (hangs most of the time)
> > Control panel loads extremely slowly
> > Not fast at all for a new computer
> >
> > How is Vista better than Windows 98, I don't see it?

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: The product ID did not match the product selected
Dave

In reality, your options for help with any Windows Operating System are
endless. There is an entire industry out there based on helping users and
most of this help is completely free of charge.

One of the best are these newsgroups. There are many knowledgeable people
here who voluntarily give their time to help users.

There are also website forums where you can get expert, personal, one-on-one
help for any question about any version of Windows or even help with
non-Microsoft products including hardware, regardless of the manufacturer.
Many of the volunteers on these forums are Microsoft trained technicians.
These forums require free registration.

Here is a recommended list.

AumHa Forums:
http://forum.aumha.org/index.htm

Computer Haven Forum:
http://www.computerhaven.info/forum/

Just go there, register, select an appropriate forum and post information
about whatever problem you are experiencing.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP