Preparing to install

Sid-M

Preparing to install
I am using Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit. I installed Roxio Media Creator
and later uninstalled it because there were too many conflicts with Nero
Burning ROM. Now, every time I boot a little box appears "Preparing to
install." If I allow it do the install, it reports errors with certificate
file. If I try to install it from the program disc, after a few minutes it
reports that there were problems with Windows and it will terminate. Is
there any I can stop it from trying to install every time I start my PC? I
really don't want this program. Thanks for any help.

mansrm81

Re: Preparing to install

Check in msconfig and look in the startup tab and see if its listed if
it is uncheck it and restart.

--
mansrm81

If you think I helped you fix your problem give me some rep . Click on
the scales. [image:
http://www.vistax64.com/members/mans...-untitled.jpg]

Rick Rogers

Re: Preparing to install
Hi,

Run the installer cleanup utility:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Sid-M" <smtjs1REMOVE@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Thanks for your quick response. There was nothing in the Startup tab for
> the
> Roxio program.
>
> "mansrm81" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
>
> Check in msconfig and look in the startup tab and see if its listed if
> it is uncheck it and restart.
>

> --
> mansrm81
>
> If you think I helped you fix your problem give me some rep . Click on
> the scales. [image:
> http://www.vistax64.com/members/mans...-untitled.jpg]

Sid-M

Re: Preparing to install
Rick:

Thanks for your help. I have downloaded the CleanUp program and tried to run
it. I get the message: "The system administrator has set policies to prevent
this installation." I am the only user of this computer and I am the
administrator. I tried right-clicking and run as administrator, but it still
says I do not have permission. Any advice on how I can get it to run? Thanks
again for your help.

Hi,

Run the installer cleanup utility:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Sid-M" <smtjs1REMOVE@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Thanks for your quick response. There was nothing in the Startup tab for
> the
> Roxio program.
>
> "mansrm81" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
>
> Check in msconfig and look in the startup tab and see if its listed if
> it is uncheck it and restart.
>

> --
> mansrm81
>
> If you think I helped you fix your problem give me some rep . Click on
> the scales. [image:
> http://www.vistax64.com/members/mans...-untitled.jpg]

Rick Rogers

Re: Preparing to install
Hi,

Click start and type regedit, hit <enter> and ok the uac prompt. Expand the
branches to reach:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Policies

Check for one that matches this, or export a copy of the key and send it to
me at rick_at_mvps_dot_org with a subject line of 'per req' and I'll take a
look.