How do I restore autoplay?

Steve Turner

How do I restore autoplay?
Whenever I put a CD or DVD into my DVD drive it no longer presents me with a
list of options or automatically plays the disk. I have gone into properties
for the drive and autoplay is enabled. Yet it still doesn't autoplay. How
can I fix this? Thanks ahead of time.

Rick Rogers

Re: How do I restore autoplay?
Hi,

Check your settings in the Control Panel under Autoplay. The drive may be
enabled, but your settings may be set to "take no action".

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Steve Turner" <stevezygote@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Whenever I put a CD or DVD into my DVD drive it no longer presents me with
> a list of options or automatically plays the disk. I have gone into
> properties for the drive and autoplay is enabled. Yet it still doesn't
> autoplay. How can I fix this? Thanks ahead of time.

John Barnett MVP

Re: How do I restore autoplay?
Take a look at this link from my website:

http://vistasupport.mvps.org/autorun_autoplay_don't_work_when_cddvd_is_inserted .htm

John Barnett MVP
Windows XP Associate Expert
Windows Desktop Experience

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org
Web: http://www.silversurfer-guide.com

mail/post..

"Steve Turner" <stevezygote@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Whenever I put a CD or DVD into my DVD drive it no longer presents me with
> a list of options or automatically plays the disk. I have gone into
> properties for the drive and autoplay is enabled. Yet it still doesn't
> autoplay. How can I fix this? Thanks ahead of time.

Steve Turner

Re: How do I restore autoplay?
I reviewed the other posters response as well as yours. I reset all my
defaults to "ask me every time". I don't have Roxio. Never did. But I
noticed that it happened after I removed my trial version of Norton
Security. It came packaged with the computer and I just let it install, but
when the trial ran out I wanted to delete it so I used their tool. Let's see
if your suggestions fixes this for me. Stay tuned. \

> Hi,
>
> Check your settings in the Control Panel under Autoplay. The drive may be
> enabled, but your settings may be set to "take no action".
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Steve Turner" <stevezygote@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Whenever I put a CD or DVD into my DVD drive it no longer presents me
>> with a list of options or automatically plays the disk. I have gone into
>> properties for the drive and autoplay is enabled. Yet it still doesn't
>> autoplay. How can I fix this? Thanks ahead of time.

Ramesh Kumar MVP

Re: How do I restore autoplay?

'[ it's my Windows ] How do I ? Articles, Windows Tip n Tricks, Tech
News, Reviews and much more…' (http://tinyurl.com/4r4us8)

--
Ramesh Kumar MVP

RAMESH KUMAR