Internet Explorer

=?Utf-8?B?c2t5enlr?=

Internet Explorer
I have 2 problems
1- The internet explorer will not close and I'm obliged to use task manager.
This happens 2/5 times
2- There is an error message which appears often and says that internet
explorer has stopped working, looking for solutoins... The problem is it IS
still working and it often closes current session automatically. It also
happens when i myself have closed the internet explorer.
I know others have been experiencing problems like this, from looking at
another board. How can I remedy the situation once and for all? Have a nnice
day, Thank you.
On one occaision it did tell me that it was the fault of the yahoo toolbar,
but I had uninstalled the toolbar the day before. I do have a Google toolbar,
if in fact that is the problem.
Rick Rogers

Re: Internet Explorer
Hi,

I'd guess that it is still an add-on problem. Go to Tools/Internet
Options/Programs and click the button to manage add-ons. Start disabling
them a few at a time until the errant behavior ceases. You may have to
stop/restart IE inbetween sessions.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"skyzyk" <skyzyk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have 2 problems
> 1- The internet explorer will not close and I'm obliged to use task
> manager.
> This happens 2/5 times
> 2- There is an error message which appears often and says that internet
> explorer has stopped working, looking for solutoins... The problem is it
> IS
> still working and it often closes current session automatically. It also
> happens when i myself have closed the internet explorer.
> I know others have been experiencing problems like this, from looking at
> another board. How can I remedy the situation once and for all? Have a
> nnice
> day, Thank you.
> On one occaision it did tell me that it was the fault of the yahoo
> toolbar,
> but I had uninstalled the toolbar the day before. I do have a Google
> toolbar,
> if in fact that is the problem.

Darrick West

Re: Internet Explorer
I have a problem with iexplorer.exe after dumbing the UI down to Vista
Basic. That was when I started getting the error about VC++ runtime library
has encountered an error.

My system stability chart index has dropped from 10.0 to 1.81 after the UI
change. Even though I changed the UI back to Aero, IE still crashes at
annoying times. The system has not found a solution as of this writing.

I've reset IE via the Advanced tab on IE's options page today. I'll see if
this fixes the problem.

BTW, IE was running clean; no add-ons during the UI change from
Aero-to-basic-to Aero.