Vista Backup program

=?Utf-8?B?QUo=?=

Vista Backup program
Hi All,

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium on my laptop. I have a small home
network running which has an XP Pro machine as the "server".

Windows Backup used to work fine backing up my laptop to one of the drives
on my server, but I recently changed the network (via XP) so that i do not
neet to constantly log onto the netwrok with a username and password, and
since then the back up has not worked as its asking me all the time for a
username and password (even though its not needed now) and even when I do
give it it jsut says access denied.

Any theories on how to sort this out because I dont want to go back to using
external backup software like Ghost of Nero Backup if I can help it.

Cheers
James

Re: Vista Backup program

"AJ" <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I am running Windows Vista Home Premium on my laptop. I have a small home
> network running which has an XP Pro machine as the "server".
>
> Windows Backup used to work fine backing up my laptop to one of the drives
> on my server, but I recently changed the network (via XP) so that i do not
> neet to constantly log onto the netwrok with a username and password, and
> since then the back up has not worked as its asking me all the time for a
> username and password (even though its not needed now) and even when I do
> give it it jsut says access denied.
>
> Any theories on how to sort this out because I dont want to go back to
> using
> external backup software like Ghost of Nero Backup if I can help it.
>
> Cheers

I've been fighting this problem for some time, finally gave up and purchased
Acronis 10. Works very well and fast.

Jill Zoeller [MSFT]

Re: Vista Backup program
See http://blogs.technet.com/filecab/arc...27/458871.aspx for
details on how to back up to network shares.