Re: Vista home premium won't boot up
The INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE bug check has a value of 0x0000007B. This bug
check indicates that the Microsoft Windows operating system has lost access
to the system partition during startup.
- Hard disk related problem
- Edit the boot options with BCDEDIT
- Make sure you installed the OS with the hdd controller driver, and it
should be up to date when your OS has been installed.
- Try last known good configuration
- Scan your hard disk with Chkdsk /f /r (from inside the OS) or Chkdsk /r
(from the repair install)
- Try bootrec /fixboot, bootrec /fixmbr and bootrec /rebuildbcd from
the repair install.
Good luck and have fun.
"Ferrell" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote in message
> Well, i'm on a gateway with Vista home Premium and it won't boot up.
> When i start it normally it goes to a screen that says windows error
> It has two tabs launch start-up repair (reccomended)
> and Start Windows Normally.
> So when i press enter on the launch it just goes to that screen over
> and over.
> But when i press on start normally a stop error comes up. The stop code
> is 0x0000007B (0x80604A, 0xC00000034. 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
> When i went into safe mode it didn't work it came up with the same blue
> screen, I looked on the gateway site with how to fix it but it says to
> go to the start button when i can't even get to that screen.
> Thanks In Advance,
> The Ferrells