MANY errors!!! host process and superfetch!

sandcracker21

MANY errors!!! host process and superfetch!

Well where to begin. I have Vista 32 Home Premium and love it, if it
wasn't for the hundreds of errors. I get the "superfetch has stopped
working error" and the "host processes have stopped working error" many
times a day. Usually I will be kicked from my wireless internet and have
to unplug and replug my USB adapter in to get back on.

Many times after I plug back in my USB wireless adapter, I still can
not get on as Windows cannot detect any networks now all of a sudden.

I will get the blue screen crash from time to time and many times my
computer wont shut down properly when turned off. (It will only not be
able to shut down when I cannot see any networks it seems, this could be
related?)

I need help!

--
sandcracker21
Malke

Re: MANY errors!!! host process and superfetch!
sandcracker21 wrote:

> Well where to begin. I have Vista 32 Home Premium and love it, if it
> wasn't for the hundreds of errors. I get the "superfetch has stopped
> working error" and the "host processes have stopped working error" many
> times a day. Usually I will be kicked from my wireless internet and have
> to unplug and replug my USB adapter in to get back on.
>
> Many times after I plug back in my USB wireless adapter, I still can
> not get on as Windows cannot detect any networks now all of a sudden.
>
> I will get the blue screen crash from time to time and many times my
> computer wont shut down properly when turned off. (It will only not be
> able to shut down when I cannot see any networks it seems, this could be
> related?)

I'm sorry, but this isn't enough information to get focused help. The
problems you describe could be caused by hardware, software, or a
combination of both. A description of your computer, its specifications,
its recent history, your antivirus/security programs, and the text of any
blue screens would help us help you.

How to Post:

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

JerryM

Re: MANY errors!!! host process and superfetch!
Have you ever thought of taking it back to the store and having them fix it
under the warrantee?

"sandcracker21" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Well where to begin. I have Vista 32 Home Premium and love it, if it
> wasn't for the hundreds of errors. I get the "superfetch has stopped
> working error" and the "host processes have stopped working error" many
> times a day. Usually I will be kicked from my wireless internet and have
> to unplug and replug my USB adapter in to get back on.
>
> Many times after I plug back in my USB wireless adapter, I still can
> not get on as Windows cannot detect any networks now all of a sudden.
>
> I will get the blue screen crash from time to time and many times my
> computer wont shut down properly when turned off. (It will only not be
> able to shut down when I cannot see any networks it seems, this could be
> related?)
>
> I need help!
>

> --
> sandcracker21

sandcracker21

Re: MANY errors!!! host process and superfetch!

it is a Dell, and works fine besides what I have listed

It has 4gb Ram
160 GB raptor HDD at 10k
dual SLI nVidia 8800 gt Graphics cards
2.66 ghz Quad core Intel processor
SoundBlaster x-fi 7.1 sound card

like i said running windows vista 32 bit home premium

--
sandcracker21
sandcracker21

Re: MANY errors!!! host process and superfetch!

sorry for the double post, but I ran sfc /SCANNOW in the CMD and it told
me I have errors it can not fix....but then i type in *findstr /c:"[SR]"
%windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >sfcdetails.txt *as i was told to do, and
nothing happens, it just goes to a new line and says nothing, then
nothing else I type in will work, its like it freezes the CMD or
something

--
sandcracker21
barman58

Re: MANY errors!!! host process and superfetch!

Hello sandcracker, and welcome to the vista forums,arty:

> *findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >sfcdetails.txt*

everything you have done is correct but you now need to open the file
that the above instruction created. reopen the cmd prompt as before and
type *sfcdetails.txt* and a list of the faults should open.

Alternatively type *%windir%\logs\cbs *into the start menu search bar
and search for sfcdetails.txt manually

hope this helps

--
barman58

Regards,
*Nigel*
the beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not
understand.,- frank herbert
SCSIraidGURU

Re: MANY errors!!! host process and superfetch!

Post your specs. Clear the event viewer by right clicking on each
category. Don't save it. Once its cleared, restart your computer. The
event viewer will show the errors from only the restart. Start with the
earliest error and post it.

--
SCSIraidGURU

Michael A. McKenney
'www.SCSIraidGURU.com' (http://www.SCSIraidGURU.com)
sandcracker21

SCSIraidGURU;856110 Wrote:
> Post your specs. Clear the event viewer by right clicking on each
> category. Don't save it. Once its cleared, restart your computer. The
> event viewer will show the errors from only the restart. Start with the
> earliest error and post it.

i am not sure I understand what to do. I found the even viewer but I am
a little lost now

--
sandcracker21
sandcracker21

barman58;856061 Wrote:
> Hello sandcracker, and welcome to the vista forums,arty:

> that the above instruction created. reopen the cmd prompt as before
> and type *sfcdetails.txt* and a list of the faults should open.
>
> Alternatively type *%windir%\logs\cbs *into the start menu search bar
> and search for sfcdetails.txt manually
>
> hope this helps

well now I have the sfcdetails opened in a notepad window, but I am not
sure what to do next. I can see the ones that seem to be 'broken' but
how do I fix them?

I read this but it does not make much sense to me 'Some Windows Vista
functions may not work, or Windows Vista may stop responding'
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833)

sorry, I am only intermediate with computer and new to Vista

--
sandcracker21
barman58

Re: MANY errors!!! host process and superfetch!

Hi sandcracker,

What that article is saying is that you need to replace any dll files
that are shown in the file. and giving you the instructions to be
followed in the Administrator CMD prompt that you've used before, that
will enable these files, which are normally protected, to be replaced.

as you have to source these files to replace the corrupt ones the
easiest method would be a working copy of vista of the same type (Home,
Ultimate with or without SP1 etc) if you have access to another
machine.

If you cannot do this this link may help you find the files you need.

'DLL-files.com - Download all your missing dll-files.'
(http://www.dll-files.com/)

Unfortunately, if you have a lot of files this will be a rather
involved process, and with a lot of files it may be easier to perform a
repair install.

'Repair Install For Vista '
(http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88...all-vista.html)

Hope this explains things