Mouse pointer goes berserk....

philipcfromnyc

Mouse pointer goes berserk....

I write this in the hope that somebody will be able to help me.

I have an Acer Aspire 5520 AMD Turion 64 x 2 (2.0 Ghz, 3 GB RAM) (Vista
Home Premium) which I purchased about six months ago. I loaded a lot of
software onto this machine; however, I do not run much software at any
given time. I have a serious problem.

Without warning and without predictability, the mouse pointer goes
berserk, and the pointer moves, jerkily, all over the screen. This
results in applications being triggered, windows being reduced in size,
applications being terminated, and general shambles.

I have scanned my hard drive for scumware, spyware, and other forms of
malware -- and every scan is negative. I use RegistryCleanerPro to
check the registry (this tool cost me about £35.00), and every scan is
negative for errors. This problem is driving me crazy, and I have no
idea what I should do to resolve it.

My mouse is a standard, no-frills optical mouse by Technika (model
TKOPTM2), which I bought from a store such as Tesco (I cannot remember
exactly where I got the mouse, but there is nothing special about it).

Does anybody have any suggestions as to how I can get around this
problem? Has anybody else experienced this problem? Is there a generic
set of optical mouse drivers that I can download? If so, I would be
very grateful if somebody would tell me where I can find these drivers.

I eagerly await feedback. I can be reached at philipchandler DOMAIN
earthlink period net.

Thank you,

PHILIP CHANDLER

--
philipcfromnyc
Malke

Re: Mouse pointer goes berserk....
philipcfromnyc wrote:

> I write this in the hope that somebody will be able to help me.
>
> I have an Acer Aspire 5520 AMD Turion 64 x 2 (2.0 Ghz, 3 GB RAM) (Vista
> Home Premium) which I purchased about six months ago. I loaded a lot of
> software onto this machine; however, I do not run much software at any
> given time. I have a serious problem.
>
> Without warning and without predictability, the mouse pointer goes
> berserk, and the pointer moves, jerkily, all over the screen. This
> results in applications being triggered, windows being reduced in size,
> applications being terminated, and general shambles.
>
> I have scanned my hard drive for scumware, spyware, and other forms of
> malware -- and every scan is negative. I use RegistryCleanerPro to
> check the registry (this tool cost me about £35.00), and every scan is
> negative for errors. This problem is driving me crazy, and I have no
> idea what I should do to resolve it.
>
> My mouse is a standard, no-frills optical mouse by Technika (model
> TKOPTM2), which I bought from a store such as Tesco (I cannot remember
> exactly where I got the mouse, but there is nothing special about it).
>
> Does anybody have any suggestions as to how I can get around this
> problem? Has anybody else experienced this problem? Is there a generic
> set of optical mouse drivers that I can download? If so, I would be
> very grateful if somebody would tell me where I can find these drivers.

1. If the mouse is wireless, change the batteries.
2. Try a different mousing surface.
3. Try a different mouse.
4. Unrelated, but don't use registry cleaners.
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=28099 - registry cleaner thread

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Mike Hall - MVP

"philipcfromnyc" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I write this in the hope that somebody will be able to help me.
>
> I have an Acer Aspire 5520 AMD Turion 64 x 2 (2.0 Ghz, 3 GB RAM) (Vista
> Home Premium) which I purchased about six months ago. I loaded a lot of
> software onto this machine; however, I do not run much software at any
> given time. I have a serious problem.
>
> Without warning and without predictability, the mouse pointer goes
> berserk, and the pointer moves, jerkily, all over the screen. This
> results in applications being triggered, windows being reduced in size,
> applications being terminated, and general shambles.
>
> I have scanned my hard drive for scumware, spyware, and other forms of
> malware -- and every scan is negative. I use RegistryCleanerPro to
> check the registry (this tool cost me about £35.00), and every scan is
> negative for errors. This problem is driving me crazy, and I have no
> idea what I should do to resolve it.
>
> My mouse is a standard, no-frills optical mouse by Technika (model
> TKOPTM2), which I bought from a store such as Tesco (I cannot remember
> exactly where I got the mouse, but there is nothing special about it).
>
> Does anybody have any suggestions as to how I can get around this
> problem? Has anybody else experienced this problem? Is there a generic
> set of optical mouse drivers that I can download? If so, I would be
> very grateful if somebody would tell me where I can find these drivers.
>
> I eagerly await feedback. I can be reached at philipchandler DOMAIN
> earthlink period net.
>
> Thank you,
>
> PHILIP CHANDLER
>

> --
> philipcfromnyc

If I were you, I would purchase a decent mouse. Logitech and Microsoft have
good ranges..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

philipcfromnyc

Re: Mouse pointer goes berserk....

I tred using a different mouse, and obtained the same results. Both
mice were optical mice. While both mice were relatively cheap, it does
appear that the mice were not the cause of the problem (what are the
odds of two mice from different manufacturers malfunctioning with
exactly the same symptoms?). The surface on which they rest is smooth.

Does anybody have a link to a page where I can download generic mouse
drivers?

Thank you in advance for any help that you may give me...

PHILIP CHANDLER

--
philipcfromnyc
NormCameron

Re: Mouse pointer goes berserk....

Was the mouse which started the problem a new one? If so, and you
installed a new driver try booting into Safe Mode, and uninstalling the
mouse driver from Device Manager, it might be that "ghost" drivers are
causing trouble.( You could try this anyway, it won't hurt as Vista will
re-install it's generic driver)

--
NormCameron
Stan

Re: Mouse pointer goes berserk....

"philipcfromnyc" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I write this in the hope that somebody will be able to help me.
>
> I have an Acer Aspire 5520 AMD Turion 64 x 2 (2.0 Ghz, 3 GB RAM) (Vista
> Home Premium) which I purchased about six months ago. I loaded a lot of
> software onto this machine; however, I do not run much software at any
> given time. I have a serious problem.
>
> Without warning and without predictability, the mouse pointer goes
> berserk, and the pointer moves, jerkily, all over the screen. This
> results in applications being triggered, windows being reduced in size,
> applications being terminated, and general shambles.
>
> I have scanned my hard drive for scumware, spyware, and other forms of
> malware -- and every scan is negative. I use RegistryCleanerPro to
> check the registry (this tool cost me about £35.00), and every scan is
> negative for errors. This problem is driving me crazy, and I have no
> idea what I should do to resolve it.
>
> My mouse is a standard, no-frills optical mouse by Technika (model
> TKOPTM2), which I bought from a store such as Tesco (I cannot remember
> exactly where I got the mouse, but there is nothing special about it).
>
> Does anybody have any suggestions as to how I can get around this
> problem? Has anybody else experienced this problem? Is there a generic
> set of optical mouse drivers that I can download? If so, I would be
> very grateful if somebody would tell me where I can find these drivers.
>
> I eagerly await feedback. I can be reached at philipchandler DOMAIN
> earthlink period net.
>
> Thank you,
>
> PHILIP CHANDLER
>

> --
> philipcfromnyc

Just for the heck of it move the antenna real close to the mouse if it works
better its a bad antenna. I had kind of the same problem you had,and when I
moved the mouse close to the antenna it worked fine. that means you will
have to buy a complete new mouse setup with antenna