Constatn disk access

Don

Constatn disk access
I am running Vista Home Premium, 64 bit version. My computer has been very
slow for about 5-6 minutes after startup with constant disk access. I have
used the Reliability and Performance option under Administrative tools and
find that after about 2-3 minutes after startup, the only thing appearing in
disk access are
numerous SVC|HOST calls with the (Local System Network Restricted) very
active. I am at a loss to debug any further. It is beyond my meager
capabilities. Can someone give me a clue as to what may be going on.

Don d

Frenchy

Re: Constatn disk access
Don wrote:
> I am running Vista Home Premium, 64 bit version. My computer has been very
> slow for about 5-6 minutes after startup with constant disk access. I have
> used the Reliability and Performance option under Administrative tools and
> find that after about 2-3 minutes after startup, the only thing
> appearing in disk access are
> numerous SVC|HOST calls with the (Local System Network Restricted) very
> active. I am at a loss to debug any further. It is beyond my meager
> capabilities. Can someone give me a clue as to what may be going on.
>
> Don d

I think there are a bunch of people seeing this (I am) and it annoys me!

If you loo0k in the EVENT VIEWER and under WINDOWS LOGS and then the
SECURITY Tab. At start-up I get a bunch of AUDIT SUCCESS entries that
go on for about the time the HD is thrashing. Specifically, this
morning there are 41 events! Most happen within 1-2 seconds, but they
lasted a total of 4.11 minutes with event numbers repeating themselves.

A couple refer to

LogonProcessName">Advapi

So, anyone able to help here?? Not sure if the OP sees the same Audit
logs that I do, going on for a number of minutes?

Frenchy
Don

Re: Constant disk access

"Frenchy" <invalid@invalid.com> wrote in message
> Don wrote:
>> I am running Vista Home Premium, 64 bit version. My computer has been
>> very
>> slow for about 5-6 minutes after startup with constant disk access. I
>> have
>> used the Reliability and Performance option under Administrative tools
>> and
>> find that after about 2-3 minutes after startup, the only thing appearing
>> in disk access are
>> numerous SVC|HOST calls with the (Local System Network Restricted) very
>> active. I am at a loss to debug any further. It is beyond my meager
>> capabilities. Can someone give me a clue as to what may be going on.
>>
>> Don d

> I think there are a bunch of people seeing this (I am) and it annoys me!
>
> If you loo0k in the EVENT VIEWER and under WINDOWS LOGS and then the
> SECURITY Tab. At start-up I get a bunch of AUDIT SUCCESS entries that go
> on for about the time the HD is thrashing. Specifically, this morning
> there are 41 events! Most happen within 1-2 seconds, but they lasted a
> total of 4.11 minutes with event numbers repeating themselves.
>
> A couple refer to
>
> LogonProcessName">Advapi
>
> So, anyone able to help here?? Not sure if the OP sees the same Audit
> logs that I do, going on for a number of minutes?
>
> Frenchy

Frenchy, I get a lot of those too with the Source being primarily
"Microsoft Windows security auditing". I am getting tired of all of the
problems and am thinking of going back to XP.

Don D.