Sytsem Restore Point, not completing

=?Utf-8?B?V29vY2g=?=

Sytsem Restore Point, not completing
The other day, I was having troubles with Java not working. ( I had made a
post about this and received a reply thanks!!)
Well, before the reply happened, I attempted a System Restore. It went
through the motions, picked a restore point, etc... When the computer
rebooted , an error message came up saying that the restore was unable to be
completed and that the reason was "unknown".
I am running as the system admin so that takes that part of the equasion out
the window.
Does anyone know what the problem could be? Any thoughts would be helpfull.
I am running the Home Basic Version.
Cal Bear '66

Re: Sytsem Restore Point, not completing
You MUST be more specific. What "troubles"? What error messages?

Very frequently System Restore will fail. Such as when some driver or program
has made changes that System Restore can not undo. System Restore is a very
valuable resource, but it is not infallible.

"Wooch" <Wooch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B4B3F02-2EA5-4F71-A9BC-137566880370@microsoft.com...
> The other day, I was having troubles with Java not working. ( I had made a
> post about this and received a reply thanks!!)
> Well, before the reply happened, I attempted a System Restore. It went
> through the motions, picked a restore point, etc... When the computer
> rebooted , an error message came up saying that the restore was unable to be
> completed and that the reason was "unknown".
> I am running as the system admin so that takes that part of the equasion out
> the window.
> Does anyone know what the problem could be? Any thoughts would be helpfull.
> I am running the Home Basic Version.

=?Utf-8?B?V29vY2g=?=

Re: Sytsem Restore Point, not completing
Please read my post a little more slowly.... the error message was " restore
could not complete error reason :unknown"
So... the trouble as should have been obvious..., was that I CAN NOT
RESTORE!!!
The error message is "UNKNOWN"

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> You MUST be more specific. What "troubles"? What error messages?
>
> Very frequently System Restore will fail. Such as when some driver or
> program
> has made changes that System Restore can not undo. System Restore is a
> very
> valuable resource, but it is not infallible.
>

> "Wooch" <Wooch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The other day, I was having troubles with Java not working. ( I had made

> > post about this and received a reply thanks!!)
> > Well, before the reply happened, I attempted a System Restore. It went
> > through the motions, picked a restore point, etc... When the computer
> > rebooted , an error message came up saying that the restore was unable

> to be
> > completed and that the reason was "unknown".
> > I am running as the system admin so that takes that part of the equasion

> out
> > the window.
> > Does anyone know what the problem could be? Any thoughts would be

> helpfull.
> > I am running the Home Basic Version.

Cal Bear '66

Re: Sytsem Restore Point, not completing
Duh, numbnuts, that's what happens when System Restore fails.
PLEASE READ MY POST MORE SLOWLY AND CAREFULLY--Frequently
System Restore fails.
You will have to find ANOTHER solution -- dummy!
I will repeat, and please get someone more capable to read it for you:
WHAT "PROBLEMS" WITH JAVA? What did you do to correct those "problems"?
You obviously are a simpleton.

"Wooch" <Wooch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7250FF5C-D3F4-487A-B0AE-CAB9510B2266@microsoft.com...
> Please read my post a little more slowly.... the error message was " restore
> could not complete error reason :unknown"
> So... the trouble as should have been obvious..., was that I CAN NOT
> RESTORE!!!
> The error message is "UNKNOWN"
>
> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> You MUST be more specific. What "troubles"? What error messages?
>>
>> Very frequently System Restore will fail. Such as when some driver or
>> program
>> has made changes that System Restore can not undo. System Restore is a
>> very
>> valuable resource, but it is not infallible.
>>

>> "Wooch" <Wooch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > The other day, I was having troubles with Java not working. ( I had made

>> > post about this and received a reply thanks!!)
>> > Well, before the reply happened, I attempted a System Restore. It went
>> > through the motions, picked a restore point, etc... When the computer
>> > rebooted , an error message came up saying that the restore was unable

>> to be
>> > completed and that the reason was "unknown".
>> > I am running as the system admin so that takes that part of the equasion

>> out
>> > the window.
>> > Does anyone know what the problem could be? Any thoughts would be

>> helpfull.
>> > I am running the Home Basic Version.

=?Utf-8?B?V29vY2g=?=

Re: Sytsem Restore Point, not completing
Cal, Please do not respond to my questions again , I do not require people
who can not answer questions without reducing themselves to Eelementary
School play ground name calling trying to help the more mature Forum members.

Is there anyonesle out there, who can resolve problems with System Restore
not working properly??

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> Duh, numbnuts, that's what happens when System Restore fails.
> PLEASE READ MY POST MORE SLOWLY AND CAREFULLY--Frequently
> System Restore fails.
> You will have to find ANOTHER solution -- dummy!
> I will repeat, and please get someone more capable to read it for you:
> WHAT "PROBLEMS" WITH JAVA? What did you do to correct those "problems"?
> You obviously are a simpleton.
>

> "Wooch" <Wooch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Please read my post a little more slowly.... the error message was "

> restore
> > could not complete error reason :unknown"
> > So... the trouble as should have been obvious..., was that I CAN NOT
> > RESTORE!!!
> > The error message is "UNKNOWN"
> >
> > "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
> >
> >> You MUST be more specific. What "troubles"? What error messages?
> >>
> >> Very frequently System Restore will fail. Such as when some driver or
> >> program
> >> has made changes that System Restore can not undo. System Restore is a
> >> very
> >> valuable resource, but it is not infallible.
> >>

> >> "Wooch" <Wooch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> made

> went

> unable
> >> to be

> equasion
> >> out
> >> helpfull.

Cal Bear '66

Re: Sytsem Restore Point, not completing
The obvious is to try is another Restore Point.
System Restore was working PROPERLY (up to it's capabilities).
System Restore sometimes CANNOT restore a damaged computer.
But is that too elementary (note spelling) for you?
Please read this very carefully and s l o w l y.
Anyone else (note spelling)?

"Wooch" <Wooch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0082AC15-6363-4530-85B2-5C2D3059F36A@microsoft.com...
> Cal, Please do not respond to my questions again , I do not require people
> who can not answer questions without reducing themselves to Eelementary
> School play ground name calling trying to help the more mature Forum members.
>
> Is there anyonesle out there, who can resolve problems with System Restore
> not working properly??
>

> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> Duh, numbnuts, that's what happens when System Restore fails.
>> PLEASE READ MY POST MORE SLOWLY AND CAREFULLY--Frequently
>> System Restore fails.
>> You will have to find ANOTHER solution -- dummy!
>> I will repeat, and please get someone more capable to read it for you:
>> WHAT "PROBLEMS" WITH JAVA? What did you do to correct those "problems"?
>> You obviously are a simpleton.
>>

>> "Wooch" <Wooch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Please read my post a little more slowly.... the error message was "

>> restore
>> > could not complete error reason :unknown"
>> > So... the trouble as should have been obvious..., was that I CAN NOT
>> > RESTORE!!!
>> > The error message is "UNKNOWN"

>> made

>> went

>> unable

>> equasion

=?Utf-8?B?V29vY2g=?=

Re: Sytsem Restore Point, not completing
As far as being a damaged computer, I purchased it less than 3 weeks ago from
a reputable store... the odds of the computer being damaged are very low
indeed.

As far as the Java issue it has already been cleared up and has no bearing
on the issue at hand.. the System Restore not working... hence the thank you
that I had posted.

It is obvious that you have some computer knowledge, how ever, your ability
to communicate properly is lacking.
And I would thank you not too attempt to correct my English, that is in very
poor taste and manner. Some people have better typing skills than others.
Please refrain from such elementary, child-like, behavior. For future
reference , it only makes yourself seem to be untrustworthy in your replies.

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> The obvious is to try is another Restore Point.
> System Restore was working PROPERLY (up to it's capabilities).
> System Restore sometimes CANNOT restore a damaged computer.
> But is that too elementary (note spelling) for you?
> Please read this very carefully and s l o w l y.
> Anyone else (note spelling)?
>

> "Wooch" <Wooch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Cal, Please do not respond to my questions again , I do not require

> people
> > who can not answer questions without reducing themselves to Eelementary
> > School play ground name calling trying to help the more mature Forum

> members.
> >
> > Is there anyonesle out there, who can resolve problems with System

> Restore
> > not working properly??
> >

> > "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
> >
> >> Duh, numbnuts, that's what happens when System Restore fails.
> >> PLEASE READ MY POST MORE SLOWLY AND CAREFULLY--Frequently
> >> System Restore fails.
> >> You will have to find ANOTHER solution -- dummy!
> >> I will repeat, and please get someone more capable to read it for you:
> >> WHAT "PROBLEMS" WITH JAVA? What did you do to correct those "problems"?
> >> You obviously are a simpleton.
> >>

> >> "Wooch" <Wooch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> restore

> or

> had
> >> made
> >> went

> computer
> >> unable
> >> equasion

Cal Bear '66

Re: Sytsem Restore Point, not completing
Dear Miss Manners,

If you computer is not working it is "damaged". Eh?
Your comprehension skills are very limited, aren't they?

"Wooch" <Wooch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8AEB0DD-FA5F-4244-ACB2-33AD34027294@microsoft.com...
> As far as being a damaged computer, I purchased it less than 3 weeks ago from
> a reputable store... the odds of the computer being damaged are very low
> indeed.
>
> As far as the Java issue it has already been cleared up and has no bearing
> on the issue at hand.. the System Restore not working... hence the thank you
> that I had posted.
>
> It is obvious that you have some computer knowledge, how ever, your ability
> to communicate properly is lacking.
> And I would thank you not too attempt to correct my English, that is in very
> poor taste and manner. Some people have better typing skills than others.
> Please refrain from such elementary, child-like, behavior. For future
> reference , it only makes yourself seem to be untrustworthy in your replies.
>

> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> The obvious is to try is another Restore Point.
>> System Restore was working PROPERLY (up to it's capabilities).
>> System Restore sometimes CANNOT restore a damaged computer.
>> But is that too elementary (note spelling) for you?
>> Please read this very carefully and s l o w l y.
>> Anyone else (note spelling)?
>>

>> "Wooch" <Wooch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Cal, Please do not respond to my questions again , I do not require

>> people
>> > who can not answer questions without reducing themselves to Eelementary
>> > School play ground name calling trying to help the more mature Forum

>> members.
>> >
>> > Is there anyonesle out there, who can resolve problems with System

>> Restore
>> > not working properly??

>> or

>> had

>> computer

Cal Bear '66

Re: Sytsem Restore Point, not completing
You could also try Event Logs (although I cannot find a System Restore category) to see if there is any indication of why the restore failed.

"Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message news2AD09D1-43CB-4719-B893-645304DF8AF1@microsoft.com...
Dear Miss Manners,

If you computer is not working it is "damaged". Eh?
Your comprehension skills are very limited, aren't they?

"Wooch" <Wooch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8AEB0DD-FA5F-4244-ACB2-33AD34027294@microsoft.com...
> As far as being a damaged computer, I purchased it less than 3 weeks ago from
> a reputable store... the odds of the computer being damaged are very low
> indeed.
>
> As far as the Java issue it has already been cleared up and has no bearing
> on the issue at hand.. the System Restore not working... hence the thank you
> that I had posted.
>
> It is obvious that you have some computer knowledge, how ever, your ability
> to communicate properly is lacking.
> And I would thank you not too attempt to correct my English, that is in very
> poor taste and manner. Some people have better typing skills than others.
> Please refrain from such elementary, child-like, behavior. For future
> reference , it only makes yourself seem to be untrustworthy in your replies.
>

> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> The obvious is to try is another Restore Point.
>> System Restore was working PROPERLY (up to it's capabilities).
>> System Restore sometimes CANNOT restore a damaged computer.
>> But is that too elementary (note spelling) for you?
>> Please read this very carefully and s l o w l y.
>> Anyone else (note spelling)?
>>

>> "Wooch" <Wooch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Cal, Please do not respond to my questions again , I do not require

>> people
>> > who can not answer questions without reducing themselves to Eelementary
>> > School play ground name calling trying to help the more mature Forum

>> members.
>> >
>> > Is there anyonesle out there, who can resolve problems with System

>> Restore
>> > not working properly??

>> or

>> had

>> computer

=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmVT?=

RE: Sytsem Restore Point, not completing
Do you have a program like Norton Internet Sercurity installed? I had the
same problem and had to turn the protection off to do the retore and then
turn it back on.